• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
- beat clair (surprisingly easy OHKO two dragonair and two hit KO the other one and the kingdra)
- got dragon fang
- got badge
- traveled to league
- did major level grinding Primeape up about 15 levels
- challenged league
- Won easily (seismic toss FTW)

HALL OF FAME TEAM:
gbg057.gif

Lv. 48
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Seismic Toss
Strength

gbg067.gif

Lv. 53
Karate Chop
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Cross Chop

Croconaw
Paras
Hoothoot
Gyarados

- got SS. ticket
- updated here

subame

I control the spice!
Years
Well hello again, subame here in emerald, moving on with the POison run!

-Did various shenangins
-Went on to fight Aqua at their base...Which leads me to a question..Why don't grunts evolve their Pokemon? Really it dosen't make sense..They're well past the right level, and, all the bad dudess care about is power, so, why don'y they evolve? It makes Aqua frustratingly easy, and downright dull..
-Plus...they are WATER themed, so, why use bats and Hyenas, and Feshwater Pirinhas, which, mide not survive in expanded salty seas? Wouldn't that doom their pokemon who they are expanding the sea to help?
-Whatever
-After that I sailed across the sea, completly unprepared for Tate and Liza.
-Cleared the Gym via Crunch.
-And epic-failed the leaders.
-Deppressed, I went off to Grind and possibly change movesets...
-But at least Aqua sucks...it makes me feel better..
-Oh, and I've decided I'm using Drapion in Gen 4(Derned Psychics..)

Hedorah Lv43 M

Return
Screech
Acid Armor
Sludge Bomb

Lilith Lv42 F

Stockpile
Swallow
Spit Up
Yawn(Possibly trade for Ice Beam)

Elizabeth Lv41 F

Arial Ace
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Attract

Vlad Lv 47 M

Crunch
Flamethrower
Poison Fang
Haze(Might trade out)

Dern Children of the Corn

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Some update in my grass challenge:

-I have passed the first cavern (I got hard time with leech life Zubat)
-I have caught a Bellsprout
-I have beaten my second badge
-Bellsprout have evolved into Weepibell

My team:

Paras - Lv 20
-Scratch
-Stun Spore
-Leech Life
-Dig

Weepibell - Lv 21
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Wrap
-Stun Spore

Yvysaur - Lv 25
-Poisonpowder
-Growl
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

Years
Yay! I have finally been able to get back onto this site.

I did the 4th gen with ease.(Platinum)

TEAM:

Infernape lv.91

Attacks:
Flame Wheel
Thunder punch
Close Combat
Flamethrower

Magmar lv 41
Fire Punch
Lava Plume
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray

Flareon lv 42
Fire Fang
Bite
Sand Attack
Quick attack

Hm Slaves:
Geodude-Rock Climb
Quagsire- Surf, Waterfall, Strength, Rock smash
Starly-Fly, Defog
Budew-Cut

I'm starting on Flying types now. Wish me luck:paranoid:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Gah, I need to remember which computer has which save file on it. I think I've got to do Giovanni AGAIN. Stupid me not backing up my most recent save files...

Years
Player: mondays suck
Type: Dragon
Badges:
Generation: II (Crystal)

I managed to get to Goldenrod without any leveling, but I can't beat Whitney, mainly because of that stupid Attract.
And when Miltank decides not to use attract, instead something like Critflinch Stomp happens.

Update: Ok, I finally managed to beat her now. 6 X Defends+6 Smokescreens+some Super Potions+a lot of patience because of Attract, Miltank's high Sp.Def and Milk Drink did the job. I'm bankrupt and almost out of items now, so Morty will be even harder

More Update: It wasn't that hard actually. I arrived at Ecruteak and didn't fight anything but Sudowoodo on the way. There, I decided to go beating the Eeveelutions first. Probably a wrong decision, I got Surf, but also a lot of levels there. After beating my rival and the gym trainers, Horsea was at level 30, still obeying. So I could beat Morty's Gastly and Haunter, and right when the Gengar comes into the game, Horsea reached level 31, started to disobey, and got beaten, most of the time by Hypnosis+Dream Eater combo. But with some obeyance luck and a Hypnosis miss, I could beat Gengar and my obeyance luck continued, so the last Haunter did also fall soon. Horsea reached level 32 after beating it and has now evolved into Seadra.
jzw22s_th.png

Next: Going to Chuck as soon as possible, he will be my source for complete obeyance. (except if Seadra gets to level 70 before Clair, but that's VERY unlikely, unlike level 50 before Chuck)

Team:
Spr_2c_117.gif

Poseidon / Seadra m Lv.32

- Twister
- Smokescreen
- Surf
-
Water Gun
I need to work on this moveset, Water Gun does nothing for me, and Twister is pretty useless too, Surf will still do more to anything else except for Dragons and 4x Water resisters, but I don't think there are any, Ludicolo doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:

subame

I control the spice!
Years
Hallelujah! The Twins are down! One to go!!!With enough Crunches and Revives, all is possibble!!!!

-Grinded
-Grinded
-Grinded
-Spread unholy numbers of Razz Berries across Hoenn.
-Beat Tate and Liza
With Vlad's Crunch, Revives, and such....As well as Lilith, Beasting the First time since Wattston,Beastly Special DEfence along with Ice Beam saved the day.Good ol' Lilith the Swalot was the only team member to survive one Psychic..Whipee!!!

Lilith Lv48 F

Stockpile
Spit Up
Swallow
Icebeam(FTW)

Vlad Lv50 M

Crunch
Poison Fang
Flamethrower
Haze

Hedorah Lv45 M

Return
Acid Armor
Screech(Considering replacing with T.Bolt or even Focus Punch)
Sludge Bomb

Elizabeth Lv41 F

Areal Ace
Attract
Confuse Ray
Toxic

Thank the Almighty I can finally be on my way......oh wait....Rocket Center.........
At least they ain't Psychic...

Years
Hoo-rah I beat Gen 1 in only a few hours. (Yellow Version)

HALL OF FAME:

Charizard lv 72
Ember
Fly
Slash
Flamethrower

Pidgeot lv 54
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Fly
Sand-attack

Fearow lv 20 (Couldn't be stuff training it after i got Charizard)
Peck
Growl
Leer
Fury Attack

Hm Slaves
Snorlax- Surf, Strength
Charizard, Pidgeot-Fly
Diglett- Cut

No need for Flash, Rock tunnel is easy

On To Johto now

Team:
Hoothoot lv 14
Tackle
Growl
Foresight
Peck

Going to get Pidgey and Spearow now

Years
Type: Bug
Badges:
Generation: IV (Platinum)

Got to Pastoria. After quite some time I finally succeeded in one of the most difficult parts of this challenge: getting a Yanma. Funny enough, when I finally managed to catch one, I got one with Modest nature and Compoundeyes ability (which will change to Tinted Lens when evolving), so I don't even have to breed.
Also caught a Tropius in there, which will be used - don't expect anything surprising - as HM Slave.
Next: Dragon stuff (Chuck). Then: Leveling and evolving Yanma and beating Wake. Oh, and I still don't have nicknames for Scyther and Yanma...

Team:
Spr_4p_402_m.png

Kricket / Kricketune m Lv.46 @ /
Naughty Nature / Swarm
- Sing
- Rock Smash
- X-Scissor
- Night Slash
Yes, I had some double battles on the way, I did this restaurant thingy, but mainly for some easy Scyther Exp. Probably should have waited for Yanma.
Spr_4p_123_m.png

Scyther / Scyther f Lv.37 @ Fist Plate
Naughty Nature / Technician
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Slash
- Aerial Ace

Aerial Ace>Wing Attack because Double Team is more common than PP outage
Spr_4p_193.png

Yanma / Yanma f Lv.26 @ /
Modest Nature / Compoundeyes
- Double Team
- Sonic Boom
- Detect
- Supersonic

I need to give this thing some TMs, the current moveset is truly horrible.

- - -

Dragon mini Update: Beat Chuck. First attempt, but the battle was pretty close, Seadra had something like 7 HP left at the end. Level is now 35 and the moveset did not change.

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
3rd Sinnoh entry... I think.
Version: Platinum
Type: Grass
Badges: 6

Yea, so the team is not turning out the way I wanted to in the first place, but hey - It's lookin' decent. And if there's one thing I love about this challenge, it's assembling an interesting team with Pokémon, you're not used to. And that's what I'm trying to do. Anyway, on my way to Snowpoint City, I finally caught mysellf a Snover, and while looking for a Pikachu in the Trophy Garden, (to get some Heart Scales from the newspaper, which I need for the move relearner) I found several Roselia and I eventually thought to myself: "Hell.. Why not?", and now my final team is gonna have a Roserade, too. Now I just have to grind all my Pokés up to level 55 before challenging Candice.

Here's my team:

389.png
Torterra, lv. 55
413.png
Wormadam, lv. 52
470.png
Leafeon, lv. 54
315.png
Roselia, lv. 22
465.png
Tangrowth, lv. 51
459.png
Snover, lv. 36

I'm kinda in a hurry right now, so I don't have the time to add movesets. That'll have to wait 'till my next update.

Years
Type: Bug
Badges:
Generation: IV (Platinum)

Cleared most of the route between Hearthome and Pastoria to level and evolve Yanma, only left the swamp area out. Beat Wake, he was pretty hard because the Quagsire knows Rock Tomb and Gyarados is a pain in general. Did story progress up to Celestic. Beat Cyrus, since his whole team is weak to Rock, Yanmega had no problems. Got Surf HM and beat Byron in Canalave. Scyther dominated most of this gym with Brick Break, so the level gap between it and Yanmega which finally seemed to get smaller, is huge again now. The only stuff that caused problems here were the Steelixes, because of their monstrous defense Scyther couldn't touch them, so my best bet against them was Yanmega's Silver Wind (Tinted Lens FTW). Byron's Steelix caused the most trouble of them all, it froze Yanmega with Ice Fang, but luckily it thawed up two rounds later and in the end Yanmega won with 10 HP left.

Next: Dragon stuff. I think I'll first do the whole Jasmine quest (yes, I beat Chuck before climbing up the Lighthouse), then the Mahagony stuff.

Team:
Spr_4p_402_m.png

Kricket / Kricketune m Lv.46 @ /
Naughty Nature / Swarm
- Sing
- Rock Smash
- X Scissor
- Night Slash
I think I'll just keep Rock Smash, since I'm not going to use Kricketune much more anyways.
Spr_4p_123_m.png

Stryke / Scyther f Lv.46 @ Fist Plate
Naughty Nature / Technician
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- X Scissor
- Aerial Ace

Why doesn't Scyther get stuff like Bug Bite (i mean by another way than a stupid move tutor availiable after the Elite 4) or Faint Attack (it's a ninja bug, so why no sneaky moves)?
The nickname is Scyther's beta name, another proof of how uncreative I am.
Spr_4p_469.png

Anisoptera / Yanmega f Lv.39 @ /
Modest Nature / Tinted Lens
- Uproar
- Shadow Ball
- Ancient Power
- Silver Wind

More uncreativity shows up, since this name is from Wikipedia

subame

I control the spice!
Years
Hello again...More Poison,more stasus Hax, more Emerald, more fun
-Beat the Rocket Institute bit with no trouble
-Used Newfound Dive to battle against the forces of relative evil.
-Seriously, is team Aqua supposed to be hard?
-Did the whole Raquaza shenanigans
-Cleared Juan's Gym
-Juan wasn't too hard, and Lilith and Elizabeth got a chance to actually fight..
-Next stop, Grinding and Trick House
-After that, Victory Road....
-And oh God Wally's Gardevoir...

Elizabeth Lv47 F

Aerial Ace
Attract
Confuse Ray
Attract

Lilith Lv49 F

Stock Pile
Spit Up
Swallow
Ice Beam

Hedorah Lv48 M

Return
Sludge Bomb
Screech
Acid Armor

Vlad Lv50 M

Crunch
Flamethrower
Poison Fang
Screech(Maybe trade for Earthquake)

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
- did the whole kanto region
- left Sabrina for 15th and Blue for last
- went to mt. Silver
- currently Grinding

TEAM
gbg057.gif

Lv. 59
Karate Chop
Cross Chop
Seismic Toss
Strength (So good for Psychic and poison types)

gbg067.gif

Lv. 54
Karate Chop
Foresight (Ditching for something)
Seismic Toss
Cross Chop

gbg062.gif

Lv. 45
Surf
Hypnosis
Body Slam
Ice Punch

gbg214.gif

Lv. 24
Horn Attack
Leer
Tackle
Endure

EGG OF TYROGUE
last one failed and became a hitmonlee

HM SLAVE:
Hoothoot: Fly

Who should I teach Earthquake to?

- ater major grinding will take on Red

Years
Update!

User: Jayster23
Player: Gold
Badges: 8
Type: Flying

Team:
Pidgeot lv 54
Wing attack
Fly
Sand-Attack
Quick Attack

Noctowl lv 24
Peck
Tackle
Hypnosis
Growl

Scyther lv 29
Quick attack
Leer
False Swipe
Pursuit

Crobat lv 42
Leech Life
Bite
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray

Gyrados lv 30
Thrash
Bite
Dragon rage
Waterfall

Hm Slaves:

Krabby- Stength, Surf, Cut, Whirlpool.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
Team After Gym 4 + Giovanni (Red Version) (Fire Monotype):

Lv34
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack
-Ember

Lv34
-Bite
-Roar
-Ember
-Leer

Lv44
-Slash
-Rage
-Ember
-Cut

Overview of So Far:
Easy, really hard to raise Arcanine and Flareon. It's really easy, though. To get through this.

subame

I control the spice!
Years
Winding down in emerald, preparing for the final charge.....
-Went through V. Road, oddly enough, Wally's Gardevoir kept using Double Team....
I did the rest in one go, emerging battred, bloodied, and exhausted, nearly out of PP, but, not as hard as Victory Road normally is...
-Spent my immense fortune on items
-Decided to Breed my two Blobs, resulting in their Demon-Gulpin spawn, Heathen, who will be present for the E4 with experience share
-Prepared for E4..........
CHARGE!!!!!

THE ELITE 4

Sidney
-Not too difficult, only Absol even got a KO thanks to Swords dance....Phoebe worries me.

Phoebe
-No problem, she couldn't do enough raw damage to be a threat, she could only irk me with Grudge and Curse.

Glacia
-Another one falls to the poison juggernaut...But Walerein got a suprise Sheer Cold on Lilith...Heh

Drake
-Not too bad either, Ice Beam beasted Salemence and Kingdra lost to Hedorah easy...
-Here I healed PP and used my rare candies

CHAMPION
Wallace
http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:E_Drake.png-Actually a pretty tough fight, Wailord's immense health, Milotic's Hax Luck,Tentacruel's godliness, and constant Full restores made this tough, Elizabeth really shown against his all Male team...
-And with tahat, VICTORY, now, on to Platinum.....in Febuary.......

Hedorah Lv52 M
Docile
Sludge Bomb
Return
Acid Armor
Screech
A veary powerful Teammember. Its defence is Godly, Return is absoloutley deadly, possibbly MVP, once the dang thing evolved, at least

Vlad Lv54 M
Careful
Flamethrower
Crunch
Poison Fang
Earthquake
Another MVP canidate.Beastly attack And Special ATK....Crunch was a godsend, and helped me kill those infernal Psychics, Flamethrower helped with steel...decent speed too..

Elizabeth Lv54 F
Adamant
Aerial Ace
Toxic
Attract
Confuse Ray
My Zubat-liner in this run...possibly the best..It really shined with its Attract hax later, particuallarly the E4...I would not enjoy fighting Elizabeth......she's a serious *****.

Lilith Lv54 F
Bashful
Stockpile
Spit Up
Swallow
Ice Beam
I now love Swalot.There are so cute and squishy..PLus they have beast defence and Spit Up does the most raw damage on the team, Ice Beam was instrumental for beating the twins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heathen Lv30 M
Quirky
I was bored so I bred the blobs(They earned a little fun) and gave teir child an experiance share and ran through the E4, 5-30, just off the e4.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next time, Sinnoh!!

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Who said that flash was useless?

1VictKanto.png

No, I didn't get a record of the final battle screen, will this do?

1VictKantoSkye.png

Skye the Gyarados. Final Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Dragon Rage
Surf

Was indispensable against Lorelei and Lance, for obvious reasons.

1VictKantoGreyEagle.png

Grey Eagle the Pidgeot. Final Moveset:

Sky Attack
Fly
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

My first and best, Grey Eagle was always there to bail me out when I needed it most. I only had one revive going in to Lance and had to revive Skye, so Grey Eagle didn't get to really fight in the Elite Four. Shame, that - I could have had Blaster at full health going into Alakazam if Grey Eagle hadn't been KO'd.

1VictKantoChitose.png

Chitose the Crobat Golbat. Final Moveset:

Haze
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
Bide

What good was bide? It finished a number of hard battles that Grey Eagle didn't survive. Maybe not the best choice to give it to a freshly caught Zubat, but Chii-chan and me both saw it through to the end. She didn't disappoint.

1VictKantoBlaster.png

Blaster the Charizard. Final Moveset:

Swords Dance
Cut
Slash
Flamethrower

It was Blaster that dealt the final blow, but I'll discuss that later. This rowdy fire type was my physical sweeper, and boy did he sweep. No psychic type could stand for long against him. Until he learned Flamethrower, he had Counter. Between him and Chitose, it was dangerous at best to make contact with my team members. Fun Fact: Slash does NOT benefit from Swords Dance in First Generation.

1VictKantoDeathscale.png

Deathscale the Butterfree. Final Moveset:

Poisonpowder
Confusion
Psybeam
Flash

Blaster may have dealt the final blow, but he would have fallen to a thunder. Enter the Monday-to-Friday MVP of the team, Deathscale. I got extremely lucky that Blue's Jolteon didn't land a hit with Thunder until after I'd scored a poison powder and six flashes. Not only did Deathscale save Blaster's metaphorical butt in that final match, but Deathscale, like Skye, effectively killed two of the elite four - Bruno and Agatha.

WHO SAID FLASH WAS USELESS?

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Tyson has a high special attack? I must have been spending too much time without the Cyndaquil Family, I thought all the fire-typed starters did better with physical attacks than special attacks. I know for a fact that Blaster is that way.

Oh yeah right.

CHARIZARD: Bias towards Special. Does get SD and BD though.
TYPHLOSION: MASSIVE bias towards Special.
BLAZEKIN: Slight bias towards Physical.
INFERNAPE: Slight bias towards Physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back