• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive team needs help

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
Years
  • Seviper Adamant @Life Orb
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    Earthquake
    Giga Drain
    Crunch
    Poison Jab
    Mainly there just to be there as it's one of my favorites. It's a decent sweeper, can't find anything better atm. Although Poison moves have terrible coverage I like poison jab because of the stab.

Blastoise Modest
    252 Sp.atk/252spe/ 4 hp
    Focus blast
    Protect
    Surf
    Flash Cannon
    My special sweeper, Kinda weak atm but It'll do. I could use it as a supporter, but I'd need to breed it. I could do that, and with HG SS coming out soon I might.

Lucario Jolly
    252Atk/252spe/ 4hp
    Crunch
    Extremespeed
    Stone Edge
    Close Combat
    My second favorite of the team, I've had it sweep teams before. It's actually my second fastest Pokemon, Electivire being the fastest, Stone edge hurts Skarm and other flying types who actually can put quite a dent my Lucario

Electivire Lonely @ Expert Belt
    Need the Ev spread for this please I'm in the midst of eving it now
    T-bolt
    Earthquake
    Ice punch
    Cross Chop
    Hitting 14 types for super effective hits is nothing to sneer at. so I added this as a must. Problem is, I don't know the EV spread

Donphan Impish @ Leftys
    252def/ haven't maxed out the other ev's yet.
    Ice shard
    stealth Rock
    Rapid spin
    Earthquake
    Rapid spinner and Stealth rocker, He's actually my lead, and more of a supporter, set's up Stealth rock then just sits there Ice Sharding and Eq'ing away.

Umbreon Relaxed @ leftys
    252def/252spD/4hp
    Toxic
    Dark pulse
    Moonlight
    Mean Look
    annoyer another one who can just stall till the sun is high. It just Mean looks first, then toxic, and moonlights when it's at half HP. great staller.

This team needs a bit of help, so I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me with it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Seviper has no business leading a team or being on a competitive OU team. There are any number of options that could go better in that spot. It's best not to lead with an all-out sweeper since they are usually pretty useless in that position, so go with something to set up hazards and/or deal with other common leads. Bronzong randomly pops into mind to set up SR as well as giving your team a bulky steel type to deal with Dragon attacks, which pretty much massacre your team right now.

Dragon Dance Gyrados pretty much 6-0's you with proper support, so I'd consider adding bulky offensive Suicine > Blastoise to solve this:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Timid
    172 HP / 120 SpA / 216 Spe
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - HP Electric

Add Swords Dance > Stone Edge on Lucario and give him an adamant nature, otherwise he's not nearly as effective. Close Combat OHKOs Skarmory after a SD and Life Orb boost with Stealth Rock damage. \o/

Electivire wants 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Speed with a Mild nature.

52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def on Donphan.

Always max HP on Umbreon, and there's no point in a pure stalling Umbreon if you have no way to rack up residual damage, aka spikes/sandstorm. A wish set would be cool since your team lacks any form of healing otherwise =(

Still there are a lot of weaknesses here, read through this OU threats guide to make sure you have all the important stuff covered. There's not really a lot of synergy going on here, nothing is supporting each other or opening up any sweeps for teammates. Teams should have a central focus to build around so there's some sort of goal and you're not just throwing 6 random pokemon together.

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
  • ty for the input, I don't really have a lot of EV'd Pokemon, so I just threw what I had together, I'll certainly take a look at the guide, I should have put my team in order, Donphan is actually my lead.

Back