• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen White or White 2?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Hey guys, I recently learned how easy it is to transfer between gen 5 and gen 6 games with PokeBank. So for the sake of getting legendaries and version exclusives for my Pokemon Y should I buy White or White 2? (Or Black/Black 2). Thanks for the advice!

Years
  • If you want more bang for your buck, then it's Black 2 and White 2 that's where it's at when it comes to 5th Gen. There's more Pokemon available in the main story, and while not all the Pokemon are available (some need to be transferred from a 4th Gen game) you can still get a good chunk of stuff in that version alone.

But as far as 6th Gen is concerned, you can actually get all the non-event Pokemon (including various legendaries) just by trading between both X/Y and OR/AS together.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think, White 2 is widely recommended because it provides many Pokémon that you can find (there are whooping 300 in the Dex there), and there are more features like battling Gym Leaders from other regions, having a mall to your own liking, making a film in-game and all. Basically it's like the original Pokémon White, but better.

However, if you're looking for the story and want to enjoy it, I would recommend you to play the original White first. I'm sure White 2 can be played without playing the original White first, but it would be more enjoyable if you finished White first. Anyway, the decision is up to you.

Last edited:
    Back