• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nidoking battles a Monguard (critique wanted!)

Years
  • Hey everyone! I'm new but I wanted to share some of my art with you. I normally draw fakemon, so drawing Pokemon is no something I think I'm particularly good at. But, a friend of mine asked me to draw Nidoking, my favorite Pokemon, battling Fulgur (a monster I designed for his game Monbattle RPG). I was wondering how you guys feel about the art and if you have any pointers? Who do you guys think would win the struggle?

Link to full post on Deviant Art: https://kronnick.deviantart.com/art/Fulger-vs-Nidoking-540801100
    If you're curious about Fulgur, here's a better picture of him:

Last edited by a moderator:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Okie dokie, little bit of housekeeping first. You need at least three pieces of art to start a gallery as a new thread. For individual pieces of art, you should really post them in the DCC. Make sure you read the rules before posting, saves a lot of hassle for Fairy!

Now onto the critique! I think my main issue with this is the blue and black effects around the horn. They don't fully encompass the horn, and don't 'glow' like the lightning does on the other beast. Using black as an outline effects is very hard, as it is very unnatural: There is no such thing as a black light. I would suggest perhaps colouring the horn black, and making the glowy effect blue, similar to the lightning on the other beast. The blue is also a bit sloppy, as it doesn't even encompass the horn fully, and looks just slapped on there, with no real thought given to how it'll fit in.

Overall it's good though, anatomy is good, proportions are good, and it really feels like they're hitting each other in your pic. Good stuff, just a couple of tweaks to adjust!

Back