• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Sequels instead of remakes?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The idea of Hoenn sequels just doesn't appeal to me, as it doesn't feel like Hoenn needs sequels as it's story felt wrapped up. I think they should do one last remake, then do sequels for DP, and BW...well B2W2 XD as those stories felt less wrapped up (for B3W3...or hopefully 'Grey' they can have the original dragon with crazy Ghetsis trying to obtain it).

Now one should have said sequels for Kanto...other than GS that is, seeing how they have already been remade once, but are so old. We could have Team Rocket come up again, this time trying to control Mega Pokémon.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
The idea of Hoenn sequels just doesn't appeal to me, as it doesn't feel like Hoenn needs sequels as it's story felt wrapped up. I think they should do one last remake, then do sequels for DP, and BW...well B2W2 XD as those stories felt less wrapped up (for B3W3...or hopefully 'Grey' they can have the original dragon with crazy Ghetsis trying to obtain it).

Now one should have said sequels for Kanto...other than GS that is, seeing how they have already been remade once, but are so old. We could have Team Rocket come up again, this time trying to control Mega Pokémon.

Please, no more Kanto. I've had enough Gen I pandering with X and Y. Give another region the spotlight for once.

Years

Same here. If they ever make more sequels it should be a game where you can visit all regions.

Years
Game Freak could already be working on remakes or sequels as we're "debating" right here and right now. Personally I'm hoping for remakes to continue the "tradition" of remake of old games.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I don't think one set of sequels in one generation after so many years since the previous ones (GS) sets a precedent for sequels...especially for an old region...actually remakes have more precedent than sequels do...
Also remakes are only redundant for those of us who have played the originals, remember there's a whole lot of new fans who haven't played the Hoenn or Kanto games. Actually I bet more don't know what Hoenn is than either Kanto,Johto, or Sinnoh which appeared five years or so ago in Gen IV.

That's why I think the region should be revisited, just not the story. Idk, perhaps it's just my opinion (and likely the opinion of at least a few others), but I'd be really disappointed if they ended up being remakes. I'd like to revisit the Hoenn region, but with a new adventure. There's so much potential in the Hoenn region, and I think it has the potential to be way bigger than just one story.

Doesn't have to necessarily be a sequel, but at least a new story with new playable characters and a new adventure. I think the Hoenn region deserves it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
http://pokemon-global-academy.tumbl...nconfirmed-mega-jynx-mega-kyogre-mega-groudon
This list is supposed to contain trademarked Mega-names since July 2012. If this is legit, Ruby and Sapphire remakes/sequels are certainly coming, period.
The hacker who posted this image of the list is legitimate, check out his Twitter images and you'll know what I mean.

[EDIT] Why the hell is Swampert not on the list? You better make one GF.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That list sounds pretty suspect to me. Heck, Jynx is suspect if only because of the (unfortunate) history behind it. (That is, a court case came about because of its black-skin appearance, despite it being based on a fashion in Japan. Which is why Jynx looks as it does now). We know about mega Lati@s too, so it not being mentioned there is just plain off.

As for trademarks - there's a lot of games on the list of being trademarks by the Pokemon company, and they won't all be used. And it's silly to expect so-and-so just from recent history. A lot of people said the references in BW meant an RSE remake last gen. So much for that! A lot of people said the third Sinnoh game had to be Opal (overwhelmingly so). When it was leaked that Pokemon Platinum would come out, a lot of people cried fake based on that title alone.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I would prefer this over remakes. Even though LG is my favorite game, Hoenn will forever be my favorite region. Going along with the story it only seems logical that R/S/E would have a sequel instead. I can't honestly think of anything else to do with the story, however, so it would be interesting to see this story develop even further.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
I think I actually would prefer a sequel, now that I've thought about it more. I'm too attached to May and Brendan to want them to be replaced with other protagonists.

In my headcanon May is champion and Brendan is a researcher, though, because I prefer Brendan's in-game personality as a rival. The only problem is, what would the story be? There's nothing left to resolve.

Years
I really hope your theory is true! Pokémon has come a long way since Gen 3, and remakes to Ruby and Sapphire would be vastly different from when they were first made.

Years
I would love to see remakes for ruby & sapphire over a sequel myself, because I really don't see how a new storyline would make sense with how the storyline ended in the originals.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
I would love to see remakes for ruby & sapphire over a sequel myself, because I really don't see how a new storyline would make sense with how the storyline ended in the originals.

It would be most logical to use Emerald as the 'canon' story, since it involved both teams and legends and tied off the story for everyone involved. That being said, even though Maxie and Archie reformed, that's not stopping a Neo-Magma or Neo-Aqua from entering the fray, or it wouldn't even have to involve them. There are many devious ways someone could nefariously utilize the powers of Groudon, Kyogre or Rayquaza.

Years
It would be most logical to use Emerald as the 'canon' story, since it involved both teams and legends and tied off the story for everyone involved. That being said, even though Maxie and Archie reformed, that's not stopping a Neo-Magma or Neo-Aqua from entering the fray, or it wouldn't even have to involve them. There are many devious ways someone could nefariously utilize the powers of Groudon, Kyogre or Rayquaza.

Given the fact that it will most likely be 2 different versions I think the storyline will be utilized off of which version it is based on. Though I would expect some sort of addition from emerald, like they did with the second gen remakes they added a deal from crystal(though it wasn't 100% like it was in the original crystal).

Outlier

I would prefer this over remakes. Even though LG is my favorite game, Hoenn will forever be my favorite region. Going along with the story it only seems logical that R/S/E would have a sequel instead. I can't honestly think of anything else to do with the story, however, so it would be interesting to see this story develop even further.

This is one reason I want remakes instead of sequels. How are they going to tell a different story using the Hoenn Legendaries again? Mega team Aqua and Mega team Magma try to awaken Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon, and only Mega Rayquaza can stop them? I'm sure gamefreak could come up with something better than that but I'd still much prefer remakes. Also I think enough time has passed now to warrant remaking these games.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Somebody should make this a poll. I'm curious as to how many people would rather see remake and how many would like to see sequels.

Back