• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concerts

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Do you all enjoy concerts?

I'm a huge concert-goer. There's just something about live music that is just a lot more special/groovy IMO. This year, I've seen Melanie Martinez and Grimes. I've met my share of friends who feel the opposite on the other hand. How about y'all?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    if people I actually cared about came to nz more often then absolutely
    otherwise I tend to be limited in who I go see because a lot of the time they just go to australia and skip poor little new zealand

the last concert I went to was a festival in feb that had grimes and chvrches and a few others, which was cool, but fuck me if I'm gonna stand on my feet for eight hours again anytime soon

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been to a lot of concerts in my lifetime.

The last one that I went to was Neil Diamond, when he was in the area last year.

All but one of the concerts that I've been to have been lovely experiences. My favorite one is when I went to see Neil Diamond in 2012. The feeling of sitting there in the same room as someone that famous, surrounded by fans of all sorts (and ages, given that it was a Neil Diamond concert) who also enjoy him, made the whole thing that much more powerful. Hearing the music that I grew up on played that night live was simply powerful, and it was an experience I'll never forget.

The only concert that I went to that wasn't that great was Journey/Loverboy, also back in 2012. The volume was way too loud to actually enjoy the music, which was a shame for two reasons. For one, I love Journey's music, and had really wanted to hear Arnel Pineda sing live (since I prefer his songs over Perry's). For another, I had never listened to more than one Loverboy's song, and hoped that the concert would have been a good introduction to them.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've actually never been to a concert before, but one of my best friends is a big concert goer, and he has a few extra tickets to a local event next month that'll be my first. We're also going to a concert in August with his favorite band, and we're considering adding $40 to our ticket prices to get one of the VIP booths in the front row so we can avoid the crowds and be right up next to the band.

Bay

Years
  • I've only been to two concerts, both hosted by my university. One was when Plain White T's that played during the school's Homecoming, first week start of the school year. In that concert I lost one of my sandals thanks to the crowd, lol. The other concert was a music festival where several artists and bands played, the biggest artist being N.E.R.D. That concert I lost something too, this time my hat haha. Oh, not to mention it sprinkled during nighttime, but luckily there was a huge tent so most folks don't get to stay dry.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I've only been to two concerts, both hosted by my university. One was when Plain White T's that played during the school's Homecoming, first week start of the school year. In that concert I lost one of my sandals thanks to the crowd, lol. The other concert was a music festival where several artists and bands played, the biggest artist being N.E.R.D. That concert I lost something too, this time my hat haha. Oh, not to mention it sprinkled during nighttime, but luckily there was a huge tent so most folks don't get to stay dry.

oh damn did you end up seeing N.E.R.D.? one of my favorite bands of the 00s there. wish they were still together for them to play more gigs tbh =( i guess Pharell is the next step down though =/

Bay

Years
  • oh damn did you end up seeing N.E.R.D.? one of my favorite bands of the 00s there. wish they were still together for them to play more gigs tbh =( i guess Pharell is the next step down though =/

I did, kinda. I stuck around only for a few of their songs, but I did take one picture.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I've been to like maybe a dozen concerts. Some artists I didn't really care about until I saw them live so I really I like and appreciating seeing them live. But I hate concert-goers.

Like, best concert I went to was probably Ellie Goulding. Whatever they did with the live music was so full of energy that now I her recorded music feels kinda lacking. But the best part was that I had seats in the balcony and honestly that's the best way to go. The crowds can go to hell. If they're not blowing weed smoke in your face then they're stomping on your feet with their heels which they probably couldn't walk in even if they weren't drunk.

And while I'm complaining let me talk about the worst experience I had.

Spoiler:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Like, best concert I went to was probably Ellie Goulding. Whatever they did with the live music was so full of energy that now I her recorded music feels kinda lacking.

Oh, really? I've never really been a fan of her music, it all seemed just a bit dry and cookie-cutter to me. Glad to hear she has more to bring to the table. The worst experience I've had was seeing Twenty One Pilots, their fans are pretty damn insane. They took it all to seriously. I could barely see anything. Though, I'm guilty of being a bit extra while seeing shows (I was awful at grimes even though I was already seated, haha. I felt bad for the people behind me and my group.) And I'd love to see Kyary if she came around on a tour again.

Years
  • I've been to some, not any recently though. I want to try and go to some more this summer. I miss it a bit.

Some I've seen are Linking Park, KISS, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • love to go concerts
    been to few linkin park ones (front row rocks)
    tokio hotel as well
    one backstreet boys concert!

would love to see a two KPOP groups in concert but probably never going to happen​

Years
  • Havent been to many big ones but I go to smaller gigs alot, Biggest ive been to were Gerard Way (awesome cause I got to meet him) and stereophonics. While I like the music the type of people that go to these concerts are boring as hell the standing crowd to see Stereophonics were that dull the looked like a horde from the walking dead. and some dude in the sitting section tutted at us for singing and standing up.

the best concerts ive been to is Stiff Little Fingers (try and go every year )feels like a real concert, mosh pit everyone drunk and having a good time you dont even mind that suspiciously warm beer that gets thrown over you :P punk crowds are the best.

Back