• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what's your favorite daycare Location?

Years
  • West of Mauville, or in the sevii islands?
    For me, I'd have to say Sevii Islands, as I went there often. In r,b,e, I never did want to use the daycare. Of course I was a nub back then lol.

Years
  • I only played RSE of the two so I'd answer Route 117 in Hoenn. I loved the atmosphere of that route plus there was loads of trainers where you could grind them by switch training easily.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Emerald is the perfect one. You can go back and forth from Verdanturf to Route 118 with Mach Bike while waiting for Eggs as well as hatching Eggs with a Pokémon with the Magma Armor/Flame Body Ability. These are exclusive features on Emerald.

Years
  • Route 117, for two reasons; one is accessibility. There was also a Day-care located in Kanto's Route 5, but since we're comparing the one at the Sevii Islands, my statements will be based as such. Route 117's can be accessed fairly early in the game, (before you get your third badge) while on the other hand, the Kanto Elite Four must be defeated to obtain the Rainbow Pass that takes you to Four Island.

Unapologetic already mentioned the second point; an optimal path to "farm" your steps for hatching eggs. Very useful for nature/EV/IV/egg move breeding, especially with Flame Body/Magma armor + Mach Bike. To expand on that, it extended from the right side of Verdanturf's Battle Tent sign all the way to a boulder in Route 118. All you literally had to do was hold either the Left/Right buttons on the pad and your egg(s) would hatch in no time. It's also worth noting that unlike in Emerald, this path was much shorter and less refined in the original Ruby and Sapphire; the Contest Hall sign in Verdanturf was placed two-three tiles further to the right, and you would run into the top of the treelines in Route 117.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Having played Emerald for so many years I knew nothing about those abilities!?!?!?

Back