• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most hated move

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    So, what move, build, or ability do you just absolutely hate?

Really, I just hate anything gimmicky that you need something very specific to counter. But nothing grinds my gears than someone who uses the move Substitute. I hate substitute. It gives me nothing but crap! All I want to do is beat the living daylights out of my opponent's Pokemon. But NO! Substutute! Then that player feels free to spam that skill for god knows how long dragging the battle on and on and on hoping that you'll get bored and just quit. Then they have the nerve to try to put you to sleep dragging the battle for even longer.

I know that some people like battles to have 50+ turns. But I absolutely hate it. What makes matters worse is that my oppoonent ends up losing anyway. . . . WHAT THE PSYDUCK WAS THE POINT???????? You didn't even win? You just wasted my fricken time when I could have played 3-4 other rounds? You had the darn nerve to spam Substitute, and you weren't even good at it. *Sigh*

Check out this battle:
    8R4W-WWWW-WW2WG3LX

Let me share some advice about Sub:

Sub Spammers are Noobs
    If you are gonna spam subs, don't be predictable
    If you are going to spam sub, don't do it in front of a Pokemon with the ability Pressure. Are you fricking retarded? Do you need a fricken cat scan or something?

Okay, rant over. What is your most hated Move, ability, or gimmicky build?

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • If you are going to spam sub, don't do it in front of a Pokemon with the ability Pressure. Are you fricking retarded? Do you need a fricken cat scan or something?

>stays in long enough to allow sub user to use sub 8 times.
    >calls sub user retarded

May I call Scald, Knock Off, and Lando-T to the stand?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Fucking Focus Blast. Its 70% accuracy can really screw you over considering so many Pokemon need it. I also hate Scald because of its stupid burn rate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So, what move, build, or ability do you just absolutely hate?

Really, I just hate anything gimmicky that you need something very specific to counter. But nothing grinds my gears than someone who uses the move Substitute. I hate substitute. It gives me nothing but crap! All I want to do is beat the living daylights out of my opponent's Pokemon. But NO! Substutute! Then that player feels free to spam that skill for god knows how long dragging the battle on and on and on hoping that you'll get bored and just quit. Then they have the nerve to try to put you to sleep dragging the battle for even longer.

I know that some people like battles to have 50+ turns. But I absolutely hate it. What makes matters worse is that my oppoonent ends up losing anyway. . . . WHAT THE PSYDUCK WAS THE POINT???????? You didn't even win? You just wasted my fricken time when I could have played 3-4 other rounds? You had the darn nerve to spam Substitute, and you weren't even good at it. *Sigh*

Check out this battle:
    8R4W-WWWW-WW2WG3LX

Let me share some advice about Sub:

Sub Spammers are Noobs
    If you are gonna spam subs, don't be predictable
    If you are going to spam sub, don't do it in front of a Pokemon with the ability Pressure. Are you fricking retarded? Do you need a fricken cat scan or something?

Okay, rant over. What is your most hated Move, ability, or gimmicky build?
    Pressure doesn't affect Substitute because it only affects moves that specifically target the Pressure user itself.

Anyway, one of my most hated moves is Thunder Wave coming from Prankster Thundurus. As an offensive player, my mojo gets thrown off when one of my fast attackers gets crippled.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Pressure doesn't affect Substitute because it only affects moves that specifically target the Pressure user itself.

Meh, didn't know that considering the ability's description says:

The Pokemon raises opposing Pokemon's PP usage.

Nothing about the description says that it only affects the moves that target the opponent.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Scald can fuck right off along with its other broken brethren, Shadow Tag, full paralysis, and Swagger.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Protect in combination with toxic and wish.Damn it.I hate that move in general,but when used in this combination it can make me rage quit the battle.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    The move I have the most trouble dealing with is magic coat. It doesn't come up often, and it sometimes fails, but when it works, it can be a game changer.

Magic bounce reflects status moves like willow wisp, thunder wave, stealth rock, probably roar, and toxic.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Anything that is luck based so I say:

- All confusion moves (confuse ray, swagger, flatter etc.)
    - Evasion moves
    - Critical hits in general
    - Focus Miss is probably my most hated move ever cause some pokémon really need it but can't use it well cause of the poor accuracy

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • has already been said, but scald is ridiculous. a 100% accurate 80 base power move is already nice, and burn on its own is really nice (that's why people will use the notoriously inaccurate will-o-wisp, after all), so combining both into one move is just ridiculous. i liked karpman's description that it messes up the balance of the type chart. people often bring up lava plume and discharge, but fire-types double as will-o-wisp absorbers, and they resist lava plume. they are weak to scald. as for discharge, electric- and ground-types offer great ways to take BOTH the attack AND the secondary effect. very few pokemon exist that can take scald as a water attack and deal with the burn. it also has a ton of low opportunity cost abusers like slowbro (and slowbro-mega), keldeo, manaphy, keldeo, and keldeo. it's the worst.

honorable mentions to knock off, u-turn, and v-create.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • - Scald
    - Knock Off
    - Pixelate
    - Shadow Tag

I know the thread says "most hated move" not ability - but I have to second pixellate. If it just converted normal to fairy, I don't think I'd mind as much - but normal to fairy, and +30% power (Fairly certain it's +30% power) is just crazy, and moreso with pixellate than aerialate or other things - because there IS NO 4 X FAIRY RESIST outside heatran. And I don't like where that puts Heatran. Or pixellate abusers, especially with hyper voice since both the primary ones got it. Just, please game freak - next gen, if pixellate is gonna continue to be so strong - seventh gen. Poison / Steel. Steel / Fire that's not heatran. Poison / Fire. Make at least one of those happen, please.

As for moves, subs are annoying but I mean, there's ways to deal with them. Taunt. Encore. Sound moves. Status, since if they have to use sub every turn they're probably not healing enough to do it sustainably.

I probably have a loathing for hyper voice because of pixellate too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    idk why all the -ate abilities give a +30% boost when everything that gets those abilities gets STAB on the moves too

Back