• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This Moveset Tho XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxFlashFreezexZ

The Immortal Champion
Years
  • Haha, I'm going with this new moveset for tournaments! I know Mean Look and Light Screen would have been better than Hypnosis and Rest, but they're not allowed on Politoeds in Pokemon Showdown.

Loki (Politoed) (M) @ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 4 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Perish Song
    - Hypnosis
    - Protect
    - Rest

If you see any way to improve my moveset/ability/EVs, please tell me! :)

-Flash

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Haha, I'm going with this new moveset for tournaments! I know Mean Look and Light Screen would have been better than Hypnosis and Rest, but they're not allowed on Politoeds in Pokemon Showdown.

Loki (Politoed) (M) @ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 4 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Perish Song
    - Hypnosis
    - Protect
    - Rest

If you see any way to improve my moveset/ability/EVs, please tell me! :)

-Flash

In OU teams, Politoed should use the Drizzle ability, as this is the ability that made it viable in the first place last generation by doubling the Speed of Pokemon with the Swift Swim ability, powering up Water moves, making Hurricane and Thunder perfectly accurate, and lessening Fire weaknesses. Your current Politoed set is also Taunt bait:
    -Scald
    -Toxic/Hypnosis
    -Encore/Perish Song
    -Rest
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/164 SDef/96 Spe
    Item: Damp Rock
    Ability: Drizzle

In Uber teams, Mega Gengar does Perish Song abuse better because Shadow Tag prevents its targets from switching out, saving up a moveslot for something else, while (Primal) Kyogre is the better rain setter.

ZxFlashFreezexZ

The Immortal Champion
    Years
  • In OU teams, Politoed should use the Drizzle ability, as this is the ability that made it viable in the first place last generation by doubling the Speed of Pokemon with the Swift Swim ability, powering up Water moves, making Hurricane and Thunder perfectly accurate, and lessening Fire weaknesses. Your current Politoed set is also Taunt bait:
    -Scald
    -Toxic/Hypnosis
    -Encore/Perish Song
    -Rest
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/164 SDef/96 Spe
    Item: Damp Rock
    Ability: Drizzle

In Uber teams, Mega Gengar does Perish Song abuse better because Shadow Tag prevents its targets from switching out, saving up a moveslot for something else, while (Primal) Kyogre is the better rain setter.

Once again, good advice! You've been helping me an awful lot lately, thanks so much for taking your time to do that! :)

-Flash

By the way, Loki is in PU team I'm setting up.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back