• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A crazy idea...

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I have an Idea, though I don't know how it could be done, But, here it goes:

It would be a game for and by everyone, yes, everyone. Everyone here that uses rm2k(3) could work on a part of the game, a part that they are best at. One person doing story, one events, one towns, one battles, ect, ect... It could be done quickly as well. The entire game could be made up in under a month, with everyones help. The game would also be a very high quality game, since everyone's expertese would go into this game. I don't know if anyone else can understand what I am trying to say here, but, it sounds like a cool idea, and I think it would be to everyone's benifit, not only as a learning experience, but as a way to make a great pokemon game, one greater than has ever been seen before.

Years
  • This is already being done.. The people who are working on the battle system had this idea a while ago.. They just needed a battle system for their game so they started work on that.
    I think your idea IS crazy because if you just invite EVERYONE to join in then there will be fights over who gets to do this and that.. It may actually turn out pretty low-quality as well because (I really hate to say this)some people don't have very good skills when it comes to using rm2k3.. (sorry).. They haven't been using the program for long enough to develop the required skills.. Also they might not be good spriters/rippers...
    I'm just saying that your taking a chance by inviting everyone.. You should have like auditions or something :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I know I'm not supposed to double post, but, in just this one case, I would like to clarify what I was trying to say...

-Everyone works on a Section of the game, meaning one person does a town, another does a town, ect...
    -You must be able to do what is in your field to do, meaning, if you can't sprite, don't, or, if you can't do events, don't, and if you don't know how to use the software at all, don't!
    - I'm thinking more on the line of, one person heads it all, and compiles all of the towns, cities, ect together, in a manner which makes sense. Everything must follow the story.
    - More than one person can have the same roll, I think if they actually cared, they could work it out on their own.
    - Things *CAN* be debated, if it will result in a better final product.
    - Maybe, but, maybe multiple games could be combined for the project, adding to the number of possible regions that are in the game!
    - Rest is up for debate. If I get any further Ideas, or if their are any other complaints or comments, I'll add the response here.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • This is sorta being done. The RM2K3 Pokemon Battle System is being done by a team. If you wish to join the team, you PM me and I add you to the list under what you're interested in doing. We've got map designers, story creators, event makers, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of the participants left. Those remaining will still work on the game when the battle system is completed by KM and other misc contributors (KM's doing all the hard work :))

Back