• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Rain Team

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
Years
  • The UU tier is the tier that interests me the most, mainly because of the wider variety of Pokemon that appear in it. As well, I love weather-based teams, so I decided to whip up a Rain Dance team. Let me know what you think!

UU Rain Team

Lead: Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 28 Attack/252 SpAttack/228 Speed
    • Rain Dance
    • Explosion
    • Thunder
    • Light Screen

UU Rain Team

Attacker: Kabutops @ Muscle Band
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Attack/184 Speed
    • Swords Dance
    • Waterfall
    • Stone Edge
    • X-scissor

UU Rain Team

Support: Lanturn @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 40 HP/216 SpA/252 SpD
    • Rain Dance
    • Surf
    • Thunder
    • Ice Beam

UU Rain Team

SpAttacker: Ludicolo @ Wise Glasses
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAttack/252 Speed
    • Surf
    • Ice Beam
    • Energy Ball
    • Toxic

UU Rain Team

Tank: Milotic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Defense/8 Speed
    • Surf
    • Ice Beam
    • Rest
    • Sleep Talk

UU Rain Team

Attacker: Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 8 HP/252 Attack/248 Speed
    • Substitute
    • Focus Punch
    • Stone Edge
    • Poison Jab

Critique away!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Give Kabutops life orb for 30% improved damage(10% really won't change much), plus Aqua jet over x Scissor. Coverage is nice, but Aqua jets priority is way more useful imo, adamant lo +2 Kabutops in the rain 1hkos 252hp Registeel every time, so yea its not exactly weak.
    Life orb > wise glasses for Ludicolo aswell, but if u really want no recoil, use expert belt. Plus, I doubt you use toxic much on Ludicolo, so try sub or hp something instead.
    Milotic seems like a random addition to your team, while its a good wall, it doesnt have much synergy with the others. I would replace it for support Registeel:

Registeel@ Leftovers / damp rock
    Careful
    252hp 252spD 4def
    ~ Stealth rock
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Seismic Toss / Shadow Claw
    ~ Rain Dance / T wave

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Hp water is a good option on electrode in the rain rather than Light screen.You can also keep taunt.I'd suggest Thunderbolt> Thunder simply because of Kabutops leads(U can kill it first and then set up rain). Rain Dance>Toxic on Ludicolo.Give Lanturn Charge Beam/Substitute rather than Rain dance.SD+Cross chop is better on toxicroak than Sub-punch.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Give Kabutops life orb for 30% improved damage(10% really won't change much), plus Aqua jet over x Scissor. Coverage is nice, but Aqua jets priority is way more useful imo, adamant lo +2 Kabutops in the rain 1hkos 252hp Registeel every time, so yea its not exactly weak.
    Don't you think, with the investment in Speed, plus with Swift Swim, Aqua Jet becomes a bit redundant? Maybe someone can crunch some numbers to find out what Kabutops is outspeeding and what he should be outspeeding, but I almost think he'll be going first most of the time anyways. And if Aqua Jet can OHKO Registeel, then Waterfall certainly can as well. I'm a bit keen to keep X-scissor, just to make any Grass-Type switching in suffer.
    Life orb > wise glasses for Ludicolo aswell, but if u really want no recoil, use expert belt. Plus, I doubt you use toxic much on Ludicolo, so try sub or hp something instead.
    I'm always a little scared of killing my own Pokemon with Life Orb, since I can barely keep them alive with only the enemy doing damage to them. I'll give Ludicolo Expert Belt, since he seems to have pretty good coverage, and I'll see if I can't get HP Ground on him as well.
    Milotic seems like a random addition to your team, while its a good wall, it doesnt have much synergy with the others. I would replace it for support Registeel:

Registeel@ Leftovers / damp rock
    Careful
    252hp 252spD 4def
    ~ Stealth rock
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Seismic Toss / Shadow Claw
    ~ Rain Dance / T wave
    Hm, I see how Registeel would be a good addition to my team. The only problem is that I don't have a lot to counter any Fighting Types that could ruin his day. If I can get my hands on a Registeel, I'll try it out.
    Hp water is a good option on electrode in the rain rather than Light screen.You can also keep taunt.I'd suggest Thunderbolt> Thunder simply because of Kabutops leads(U can kill it first and then set up rain).
    I see your point with Thunderbolt over Thunder, but I think I'll stick with Thunder for now, just to give it a little bit of a kick. HP Water is a good idea, though, especially with the rain boost. I'll have a lot less trouble with opposing Ground-types that way.
    Rain Dance>Toxic on Ludicolo.
    Maybe you're right. I do need another Dancer, and I just threw Toxic in because I had an empty move. As jkriall suggested though, HP Ground would be a good option as well, particularly with an Expert Belt, since that would give me some way of hitting opposing electric types.
    Give Lanturn Charge Beam/Substitute rather than Rain dance.
    I think I'll leave Lanturn as is, since my main plan for him is to switch in on predicted Electric attacks, keep the Rain going while the opponent switches out, and then attack away with STAB Thunderbolt and Surf, and Ice Beam for those pesky Grass-types.
    SD+Cross chop is better on toxicroak than Sub-punch.
    With Rain happening, Dry Skin + Black Sludge is just too tempting to pass up. Think of it this way: Toxicroak puts up a Substitute, which costs him 25% of his HP. Then Dry Skin heals 12.5%, and Black Sludge heals 6.25%, for a total of 18.75% of his health, which is three quarters of what he lost by making the Substitute. As long as the Substitute lasts for more than one turn, and as long as the rain keeps pouring, Toxicroak can stick around for quite a while.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Electrode wants Taunt somewhere to avoid being utter Spikes and set up bait which is one of the things that wrecks rain. Put it over Light Screen.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Toxicroak, it might want to have Sucker Punch somewhere in there to deal with Psychics and Ghosts (maybe over Poison Jab). Sucker Punch, along with Substitute and Focus Punch, can confuse your opponent (if you have a Sub up, your opponent will have to decide between attacking, setting up and switching; if they attack (which is likely), they'll eat a Sucker Punch or if they set up, switch or break the Sub with an attack, they may take a Focus Punch).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Also dont ever use HP Ground on Ludicolo ever. STAB Surf hits HARDER even when HP Ground is Super effective. -_-

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I have no idea why you're using Black Sludge on Toxicroak. All it takes is a Trick and you've been crippled. Replace with Life Orb/Leftovers. Croak also does want Sucker Punch >> Poison Jab since it provides with a reliable move which gives priority and doesn't lose coverage.

I'd advise giving Electrode a Focus Sash so you can at least get in a Rain Dance and a Taunt before going boom.

You do seem to have a bit of an EQ weakness as well, and Milotic can't be taking hits forever. I'd replace that with something.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • I think you have Black Sludge confused with some other item. Just to refresh your memory, it does exactly the same thing as Leftovers, but only to Poison-type Pokemon. All other types receive damage from it. So with that in mind, I think I'll keep it, since it helps me out a little if someone does Trick it away.
    Sucker Punch over Poison Jab is an interesting suggestion though. Personally, I'm not a fan of a move that's not guaranteed to hit, but with good prediction, I suppose it could be better.
    You're also right about the EQ weakness - I hadn't even noticed that. I think I might do some switching up to even things out a bit. Perhaps I'll swap Milotic for a Claydol, since that would help with my EQ weakness, as well as my Electric-type weakness. And you mentioning Trick gave me an idea for what I think might be a better Lead than Electrode:
    UU Rain Team

Lead: Ambipom @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
    • Switcheroo
    • Fake Out
    • Rain Dance
    • U-turn
    Sure his Rain doesn't last as long as it would with Damp Stone, but I think he could potentially cause a lot more trouble than Electrode. Since he does have a shorter Rain Dance, then the aforementioned Claydol could look like this:
    UU Rain Team

Tank: Claydol @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/144 Defense/114 SpAttack
    • Rapid Spin
    • Earth Power
    • Rain Dance
    • Rest
    What do you think? Better?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    No no no. The reason he says that is it encourages them to just trick it on to another pokemon of yours, which is very bad for you.
    Oh by the way, Electrode's a better rain dancer than Ambipom. If you want Ambipom that bad, take off the scarf for lefties/damp rock.
    Rest without sleep talk is meh, especially since Claydol has so many weaknesses.

Back