• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Team

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    Fortress (W/Leftovers)

Gryo Ball
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rocks
    Explosion

EV'S: 252HP, 80 ATK, 176 DEF
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -SPD)

Dusknoir (W/Leftovers)

Shadow Sneak
    Fire Punch
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split

EV'S: 252 HP, 52 DEF, 204 SDEF
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SATK)

Sceptile (W/Liechi or Salac Berry)

Sword's Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide/X-Scissor

EV'S: 252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 DEF
    Jolly Nature (+SPD, -SATK)

Espeon (W/Leftovers)

Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

EV'S: 196 HP, 192 SPD, 120 SDEF

Alakazam (W/Choice Specs)

Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Trick

EV'S: 252 SATK, 252 SPD, 4HP
    Timid Nature (+Spd, - ATK)

If anybody could leave comments on who I should use as my 6th pokemon, or any changes you think my team needs.

Thanks, Ryan.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • zam and espy are really bad in OU psychic is pretty crappy in general. replace them with anything else that can be a special attacker/baton passer. (starmie and jolteon are decent options)

sceptile sucks too, grass is a pretty bad attacking type and even if you do use it LO is a much better option than a berry. your team is OHKO'd by a +1 Offensive Gyara running Waterfall/Ice Fang/EQ/DD so put in something to counter it (starmie and/or jolteon mentioned earlier will help, rotom is also good and dusknior sucks).

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    hehe sorry but i dont think that sceptile suck at all indeed i winned most of my wifi batlle with him.But still i would change his last attack for outrage or dragon claw.for your 6 pokemon i would go for a good water tank pokemon as wailord.But overall your team would be deafeat pretty easily with a houndoom :) try going to mariland you can check there your pokemon team

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    zam and espy are really bad in OU psychic is pretty crappy in general. replace them with anything else that can be a special attacker/baton passer. (starmie and jolteon are decent options)

sceptile sucks too, grass is a pretty bad attacking type and even if you do use it LO is a much better option than a berry. your team is OHKO'd by a +1 Offensive Gyara running Waterfall/Ice Fang/EQ/DD so put in something to counter it (starmie and/or jolteon mentioned earlier will help, rotom is also good and dusknior sucks).

If psychic is crappy in general, why suggest Starmie as a replace for Zam/ Espeon??
    Surely just saying several pokes are bad won't help, even if it was true. All 3 can be good in ou If they r used right.

Having 2 frail psycic types on one team is a bad idea because pursuit is so common, so if you keep both, you should find a way to lure and counter scarf ttar and cb Scizor.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If psychic is crappy in general, why suggest Starmie as a replace for Zam/ Espeon??
    Surely just saying several pokes are bad won't help, even if it was true. All 3 can be good in ou If they r used right.

Having 2 frail psycic types on one team is a bad idea because pursuit is so common, so if you keep both, you should find a way to lure and counter scarf ttar and cb Scizor.
    Starmie still has another type, which is Water.

Rotom-A can help with your Gyarados weakness, Starmie can be used too. Just remove Sceptile for a Gyarados check. Specs Rotom-W seems nice:

Rotom-W @Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Shadowball
    ~ Trick

You can also use Scarf Rotom-W, same as above just change the item to Choice Scarf. With a Scarf, this Rotom-W can act as a revenge killer as well.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • If psychic is crappy in general, why suggest Starmie as a replace for Zam/ Espeon??

hi

starmie is psychic water, meaning it has a useable stab. thanks.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Heatran. Wall. You. Hard. Specifically Scarf Heatran. Sceptile has the best chance of beating it... and you know that's not good. And making #6 something to wall Heatran, that won't be nearly enough to salvage it as a weakness. Heatran is usually brought in late game as a revenge killing sweeper (Scarf is, anyway), so once that added Poke gets taken out or scouted well enough, say hello to a Heatran sweep.

In any endeavor, I suggest Starmie or Vaporeon for the last slot, maybe even ditching Espeon completely. Espeon serves no unique role to this team and only makes Alakazam, who can actually excel in OU, kind of redundant. I feel like bulky Dragonite Cleric would serve as a good role here, as it's weaknesses are generally covered by the rest of the team's resistances.

Lastly, Fire Punch+Will-o-Wisp=bigger Heatran bait. Stick with Will-o-Wisp, and maybe get something like Brick Break or Ice Punch for coverage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    Thanks guys for the comments.

What I specifically need is a way to defeat my Brothers Team.

He uses a Gengar, Magmortor, Tyranitar and a Metagross.

The only thing is I have to use my Sceptile.

I need help on who to use to counter his team.

uskelly

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • MN
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Find a fast EQer (Earthquake) and 2 of those will be coutnered (Metagross and Tyranitar).

Something like Flygon of Scarfed Flygon? Gengar might be a problem since he's super fast and hits hard... Dusknoir can definitely take a hit and return with a Shadow Sneak and Pian Split...

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Swampert or Machamp are two of the best Tyranitar counters. Swampert can also put a stop to Magmortar unless it's toting HP Grass. Consider Weavile to counter Gengar. As long as it doesn't have a Choice Scarf and Focus Blast (and even if he does, since Focus Blast doesn't have the greatest accuracy), you should be able to get in a Night Slash, or better yet, a Pursuit as he runs away. If you teach it Low Kick, it might be able to hit Tyranitar as well.

Back