• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The best team you ever had in Hoenn?

Years
  • So, yeah.

The best i ever had was a Blaziken, Salamence, Absol, Manectric, Walrein and a Miltank, all at lvl 100 and i won all the battle frontier symbols with them.

So, what was the best team you ever had on RSE? :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    In terms of what they've accomplished, my current crop are outstanding:

Swampert, Latios, Metagross, Ludicolo, Torkoal, Castform, Swellow. I swap out Castform or Torkoal for Latios depending on requirements. Swampert, Latios and Metagross are EV trained and have gained 5/7 symbols - Can't defeat Greta and always fell down one battle short of meeting Nolan.

However, back when Emerald was my only game I got pretty much all of my favourite pokémon to level 100. We're talking all 3 weather trio, all of my team, Seasor (kept thinking it would evolve at lv.99 into Kingdra), Wailord, Latios, Metagross...loads of them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't remember much else than that I had a Vileplume and a Swellow on it. Now, those are pokémon I normally don't like on my team at all. But somehow I found roles for them here and they did so remarkably well. Maybe I was just in luck with their stats or managed to give them suitable TMs for once ._. back then when I played Ruby, I never really thought much when assigning moves to my pokémon, haha.

Oh yeah, I had a Swampert and Zangoose too. Best pokémon in Hoenn, can sweep anything in-game :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh yeah, I had a Swampert and Zangoose too. Best pokémon in Hoenn, can sweep anything in-game :D

Damn I'm jealous now! Spent entire weeks of my childhood searching for Zangoose in Emerald! Still never owned one as far as I can remember, I'm sure I've sabotaged multiple Battle Factory challenges just to get to use it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My best team? I don't exactly remember, but what I do is that, at one point, I was pretty satisfied with having Blaziken, Gyarados, Skarmory, and Chansey together, as they were all able to cover each other pretty nicely. Former two were sweepers, and latter were walls. Of them all, my most favorite member was probably either Gyarados or Blaziken, since they were the only ones I've mostly used when battling opponents. Did use others, but just not as much.

As far as my worst team goes, that's probably have to be in my first run of Ruby, when my team consisted of only Blaziken and a couple of other random Pokémon (for HM purposes). It wasn't bad, per say, but it just wasn't well-balanced. In-game, it's great, but when going up against a friend, I'm sure they would've had no trouble taking me down.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I don't think I can even count how much times I've played through Hoenn, haha. One thing was that no matter what team you picked; it was amazingly fun. I enjoyed it every time. Some runs were hard, due to weak team members, while others ripped through the whole game due to their stats. I do remember having a Swampert that was amazing probably because it was Adamant. I don't quite remember it's moves, but I do definitely remember it destroying the E4 except Drake and Glacia x3

I can also remember along the lines that I had a Breloom. I've known from my personal experience it can be an amazing party member if you just keep it at the right level. If it starts getting underlevelled, it will not benefit you by a whole lot. Skarmory is also really really good. Steel Wing at a high level pretty much swept, unless you missed.

Years
  • Yeah, started playing again Emerald 3 days ago, and i have a pretty nice team: Blaziken, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Armaldo, Dusclops & Ludicolo

they #rekt

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My team was Blaziken, Wailord, Manectric, Shiftry, Salamence, and Metagross. I put them together in Emerald and it was like a dream team to me. I'm pretty sure I found Manectric and sometimes Wailord to be lacking, but I also wasn't as knowledgeable about moves sets and natures so that could of been partly a factor as to why.

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Currently (I guess since it's my first time playing through Emerald in a loong time) I have a: Sableye, Marshtomp, Aron, Swablu and an Egg that I can't remember for the life of me what it is..

Years
  • Swellow, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Swampert, Ninjask, and Flygon. It's been a while since I played, and I actually had to get out my Emerald game and find those 6 pokemon. I do remember falling in love with Flygon's ground type and its levitate ability, making it invincible to any electric type. I also had never heard of Shedinja when I evolved my Nincada to Ninjask, but learned it way after. Was too lazy to level up another one though. Unfortunately, my internal battery ran dry on the game, and does anyone know how to fix that?

Back