• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gotten them on release day?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • I had great intentions of doing so. Then it all kinda fell through. Didn't fail to miss a beat when it came to OR/AS though. Nabbed both of those on launch, and the guidebook to book. Made extra special since I vividly remember strolling into Game to collect my preordered Ruby copy over a decade ago.

Years
  • Considering that I only just got my copy of X like...last month or so, I definitely didn't get mine anywhere near release day. c: Although even if I had wanted to buy it on release I couldn't, I didn't have a 3ds of any kind until this past December. Yeah I know, I'm kind of far behind on things.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I preordered X at GameStop, so yeah I got it on release day. I was pretty excited for it as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I bought my copy of X on release day in the early morning, even better that it was on a weekend. I went onto buy Y the following weekend. 8]

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I went to the midnight release and bought Pokemon X that night. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people there, way more than I expected. I stayed up most of that night playing it because it was so fun.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I got both on release day at the same time (preordered both games) and I had no wait time to play the games.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Got both of my original games on Release Day - both arrived on the same package, had them on pre-order.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I haven't missed a release day launch for a Pokémon game (main series games lol) since Diamond and Pearl came out, when I got Pearl on April 22, 2007. I've since pre-ordered and bought all of the new games on their release date, except I don't usually buy both of a game at the same time. Like, I got Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, White 2, and X, but their partner games (Black, Black 2, Y, etc) I either got months later, or haven't gotten them at all yet :x

Years
  • I bought a physical copy of Y yesterday, but I downloaded X at midnight on release day to save myself a walk and because I still had the $30 from the Fire Emblem Awakening + Shin Megami Tensei IV promotion and had nothing else to use it on.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I didn't get them until 2 months later. I didn't have a 3DS at the time... I only got a 3DS in christmas 2013.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I got it at the midnight release, which was really fun. It was a fairly long line, but manageable unlike, apparently, the GTA5 midnight release the month before. You could tell it was a small collective of dedicated fans. There were even a couple of kids too, which surprised me considering I don't know how I would've convinced my parents to take me to a midnight release of a video game at the age of 8.

Back