• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Promises; and they still feel oh so wasted on myself

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • I try to commit to my word no matter what. If I have said or promised something, it's very unlikely I will break that promise. I even do this in video games. If I tell a character I'll back them up or stick with them, I follow through with that. Haha. Kind of gets me in trouble in games. :P

As for actual words, if I tell someone they're one of my best friends, I mean it. If I say "I love you", I mean it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't tend to make a lot of promises unlike the fine lad above me. I don't like feeling obligated to do things for people (family & close friends MAYBE). When I do make a promise though, I will carry out my word rest assured. I suppose I'm more cautious in making promises I suppose.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If I make a promise I'm going to keep it. I hate being lied to and I hate to lie to other people because it fucking sucks getting lied to, lead on, or put off. It doesn't matter to me if we've just met or if I've known you my whole life. If I say something, I mean it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't make promises if I can help it, I'm very non-committal and I don't like the thought of being locked into something Ive promised.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • I don't like lying, so I prefer to not make promises. Especially if it's something that requires more mature attention, I don't give off the pretense that I'm always available or whatever.

But, I do commit, and the commitments I make are the ones I keep. I just don't want to give someone a false hope or lie to them, so I don't voice them, instead my actions speak for me.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i usually promise to give a reassurance of my future actions. imo a promise is the highest reassurance you can give. saying that, i don't break promises bc breaking promises breaks trusts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I try not to make any promises because there's so many things in life that aren't guaranteed. So many little things could wreak havoc on your plans and ruin your promise.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If I make a promise. I will fulfill it. No matter the circumstances, excuses, people, or obstacles. After I say "I promise", it stays with me. It'll either take time for me to fulfill it, or it'll be quick.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I only make promises if it's something I feel I can realistically fulfill, but I very rarely make promises despite that.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • If I make a promise I'm going to keep it. I hate being lied to and I hate to lie to other people because it fucking sucks getting lied to, lead on, or put off. It doesn't matter to me if we've just met or if I've known you my whole life. If I say something, I mean it.

This^

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I'm a pretty unreliable person. I think more of myself than anyone else, so it irks me when people rely on me for much of anything. As far as relying on other people, I try to live my life so that I don't even have to do that.

hope.OR

Esperanza.OR
    Years
  • i am reliable person, but i don't know many people who are

does anyone know were i can find a Pokemon collector or shop in London?

Years
  • I don't tend to make a lot of promises unlike the fine lad above me. I don't like feeling obligated to do things for people (family & close friends MAYBE). When I do make a promise though, I will carry out my word rest assured. I suppose I'm more cautious in making promises I suppose.

I've always regarded "promise" as being one of those heavy words that you never particularly use unless the situation absolutely warrants it. Whenever people use it on me, I never actually believe them. I could give them the benefit of the doubt and get my hopes up, but I'd rather not do to myself. If you're going to use it willy-nilly, that's your decision and if you manage to keep your word, more power to you. But that's not my personality. I will tell them straight up what I can and cannot do for them. So making promises are not something I do frequently, very rarely to more accurate.

I try not to make any promises because there's so many things in life that aren't guaranteed. So many little things could wreak havoc on your plans and ruin your promise.

Life is unpredictable and people need to understand that promises can and will be broken, despite how much we don't intend for that to happen.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Oh no no. I'm very unreliable.

Like I'm a nice guy and all but don't expect me to keep my word. Nope. Too forgetful for that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • If I make a promise, I usually try to keep my word. The only time the promise really stops for me is if that person does something mean or horrible. Like, how I ended up losing my previous hero. Before I turned to visual kei, we were pretty close as far as the whole hero thing went I guess. I had spilled my heart out to him. I made a promise that he would be my hero no matter what. Then one day, after I got into visual kei and had my twitter profile set up for it, I posted on his recent update. He went on one of his favoriting sprees like he sometimes does. Mind you, he has ALWAYS favorited my tweets. Yet, this time... he skipped over my tweet like I didn't matter. I know damn well he didn't just miss it either. He never does that to me. Well, this actually broke my heart to pieces. I cried for two fucking days. I was just that devastated. I ended up changing my twitter name, deleting everything I had said to him and everything. I just couldn't deal with it.

However, any other time, I am a strong promise keeper. I don't like breaking promises to people. That's why when I tell them I do something, I don't actually make promises I can't keep either. It's really hard because if I become emotionally attached to said person as well, I end up becoming absolutely devastated when they leave me stranded or stab me in the back. I actually made this promise to my hero that I was going to be strong and do my best to improve my anxiety, or well... eventually I will tell him this. It will make it easier for me because it will help me in the long run.

Sorry for getting kind of rambly there. ^^;

Back