• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is there a 6 Poke limit in the poke world?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    the manga said that six is easier to disrepute love evenly anime well electric hits ground

It is true. It is clearly stated that:

Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    "ELM, DON'T JUST BURY YOURSELF IN YOUR RESEARCH. YOU SHOULD AT LEAST KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE POKéMON WORLD. IF ONE BRINGS ALONG 7 OR 8 POKéMON, OR EVEN 20 TO 30 POKéMON, THAT IS JUST CARRYING THEM AROUND. BUT IN THIS CASE, IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOWER EACH POKéMON WITH THE LOVE AND CARE THEY NEED. ONLY RESEARCHERS LIKE US LOOK FORWARD TO COLLECTING AS MANY POKéMON AS POSSIBLE. ANY TRAINER WITH 7 TO 8 POKéMON IS NOT WELL-LIKED. THAT IS WHY EVEN IN THE POKéMON LEAGUE, THERE'S THE OFFICIAL RULE THAT EVERY TRAINER CAN ONLY USE 6 POKéMON.

---EDIT---
    In the Manga too, electric hits ground. (Pikachu used Thunderbolt on Nidoqueen)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, the line should be drawn somewhere, you can't just have 20 Pokémon with you, and apart from that, they're just staying true to the game. It would be strange if you could have 7 or 8 in the anime, but 6 in the game, that'd arise more questions than the way it is now I think.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Didn't the manga say the law was in place to ensure that each one of the trainer's Pokemon was getting proper attention or something like that? I'll go with that.

Yeah, it was something about how if there were more than 6 Pokémon on a team, then not all the Pokémon would be getting the right level of attention and how 6 was the optimal number. Which makes sense really because you couldn't really give attention to 50 Pokémon at a time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Didn't the manga say the law was in place to ensure that each one of the trainer's Pokemon was getting proper attention or something like that? I'll go with that.
    Yeah that was the reasoning the manga gave, which I think is perfectly fair.

Other than that it's also just to keep battles fair and balanced as well, and it keep an element of strategy as well - if you could carry however many you pleased, you don't need to worry about strategy as much since you could just switch to another Pokemon.

Or something like that.

Back