• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • New Hyrule Warriors trailer is up!

Still no Ganondorf (he was teased during one of the E3 trailers), but lol that ending.

Sir Codin

Don't care, just want him to throw Rupees everywhere, and fly on his balloon. Don't judge me xD

He wouldn't throw Rupees everywhere, he'd charge you exhorbitant Rupee fees to translate treasure charts.

And fly around on his balloon.

And still look like a child molester.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • He wouldn't throw Rupees everywhere, he'd charge you exhorbiant Rupee fees to translate treasure charts.

And fly around on his balloon.

And still look like a child molester.

And with that, he'll become overpowered. Kills enemies with overbearing fees and rocks.

Sir Codin

And with that, he'll become overpowered. Kills enemies with overbearing fees and rocks.
    So not only will he be a 35 year-old manchild, balloon-riding, Jew pedophile, he'll be an overpowered one on top of it.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • So not only will he be a 35 year-old manchild, balloon-riding, Jew pedophile, he'll be an overpowered one on top of it.

Exactly. XD Don't worry, it's only my weird wishes.

I doubt he'll be in, to be honest. It was only meant as a joke. :p

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • No one even posted the trailers for Ruto, Darunia, or even Shiek while I was away? :(

Ruto:

Darunia:

Sheik:

Really don't have much to say about any of them. They all look great and positively fun to play as. Sheik is probably one of my more anticipated character to play as though. I'm loving the fact that she's incorporating the Harp into her moveset. I like how she's playing the Ocarina melodies for her Harp attacks, it's a shame that they're rather slow to initiate. Her moveset seems to be a mix of Kunoichi, Cai Wenji, and Zhen Ji.

Oh, I also played some Hyrule Warriors over at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge. Was pretty fun. I managed to play Link with the Sword and Shield, Zelda, and Midna. I wanted to try out Magic Rod as well, but the wait time was ridiculous >_> I'll put some brief impressions for all of the characters below.

Link: Standard fare. Most people shouldn't have a problem using him. His animations are short and his range is decent. I found that his crowd control was rather lacking though. Do note that this is for Sword and Shield.

Zelda: Probably the worst of the three that I've played. A lot of her attacks have some long-winded animations. In particular, her C3. It's a zig-zag attack that ends with hopping into the air followed by a repeated rapier pierces downwards, you have the option to let Zelda float to the ground after the rapier stabbings or rekka into an impact that instantly brings her to the ground. The problem I have is that during her repeated rapier stabs, she's completely vulnerable because of how long the animation takes.

Midna: Probably my favourite of all of the characters I've played. Her moveset is very mobile, lots of range, and hits hard. Not much to say other than that.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • You get all my likes, my good sir. Thoughts on each trailer broken down:

Ruto - At first I was a little skeptical considering I never expected her to be in it (was she bouncing at the beginning of the trailer? lol) but she looks like an all-around good fighter! Not to many weaknesses in her fighting style, considering it's almost Neji-like where her attacks can go 360 degrees at once.

Darunia - Okay, I've found my fighter for Hyrule Warriors. I was utterly blown away by 1.) how fast he was moving considering he's such a large, heavy character and 2.) his range on his attacks is ridiculous. Plus, it looks like he got the equivalent of the Skull Hammer - one of my favorite weapons - which I hypothesized earlier that Link was going to get. Nonetheless, I'm happy someone got it, and Darunia all and all looks like a pretty damn badass character.

Sheik - Not going to lie, I was disappointed with the Sheik trailer. As she's my favorite Super Smash Bros character to use, I was hoping for...a little more from her, I guess. I like the speed they gave her, but I don't like the range of her dagger attacks as you're basically up against everyone which can be really bad when you're getting swarmed. I'm also just not a big fan that her main attacks seems to be with the harp, which personally to me doesn't really qualify as a "weapon" of sorts. Still, it's good that Nintendo is giving some diversity when it comes to each person's arsenal of weapons, but all and all my opinion of her was meh.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hyrule Warriors is basically confirmed to have online play:

sanstitrebnkfe.png

Purchase of additional content
    Automatic posting of play status to Miiverse
    Play special battle in adventure mode

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/bwpj/index.html

Or, idk, it depends on how you take a look at the 'special battle' bit in adventure mode.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So when this comes out we're gonna have some kind of Hyrule Warriors event Dragon, right? Riiiiiight?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • You get all my likes, my good sir. Thoughts on each trailer broken down:

Ruto - At first I was a little skeptical considering I never expected her to be in it (was she bouncing at the beginning of the trailer? lol) but she looks like an all-around good fighter! Not to many weaknesses in her fighting style, considering it's almost Neji-like where her attacks can go 360 degrees at once.

You can see Link's arms underneath her in the beginning. It's a reference to how in the past she did nothing for herself and made Link do everything, but now she can hold her own in battle. :]

I was surprised Darunia was holding the hammer because when I first heard about him I thought he would just be smashing things with his fists. Not disappointed though! He looks really great. In the beginning, Sheik also looked pretty fun but the Harp animations take pretty long, not sure how those are going to work out.

I'm really excited for this and multiplayer. My brother hasn't played Zelda before so it'll be a fun way to introduce him to all the cooler characters other than Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Link from Smash Bros (he doesn't want to start with a larger game >.>)

So when this comes out we're gonna have some kind of Hyrule Warriors event Dragon, right? Riiiiiight?

Yesyesyes. Please. :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • So when this comes out we're gonna have some kind of Hyrule Warriors event Dragon, right? Riiiiiight?

Yeah, I'll see what I can do. XD

By the way, there's going to be a Nintendo Direct that's going to feature Hyrule Warriors on Monday; anyone gonna watch that? o: New stuff is gonna be shown!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Typically online for Warriors game only allow two players per session, so no big four player frenzy. Anyways, Impa has a new weapon to show off.

A naginata, hmm. Looks like Koei is giving Impa all of the Japanese flair it seems, haha. From what I've seen, I like it! It's not too slow and it has decent range. I'll be honest, stick this weapon into Samurai Warriors and it'll in just fine.

But wait! I'm not finished! Let's take a look at Lana's new weapon, Deku Staff. (this is like a week old though lol.)

Gameplay starts at around 2:05. I don't like this as much as her Magic Book, but it's decent moveset. Very reminiscent of of Zhou Yu. She covers a decent amount of range in the front of her, which is good. It doesn't seem like her Charge moves are going to be covering her backside, so that will most definitely be troublesome on the higher difficulties.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It appears nobody has mentioned Hyrule Warriors getting its own Nintendo Direct next week: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/08-04-2014/

Maybe they'll surely introduce Ganondorf here.

Not happy about the news of lack of online co-op. That was a selling point for me before
    Not every game needs to have online multiplayer, and the Game Overthinker has already stated how local co-op multiplayer is superior to online.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It appears nobody has mentioned Hyrule Warriors getting its own Nintendo Direct next week: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/08-04-2014/

Maybe they'll surely introduce Ganondorf here.

Not every game needs to have online multiplayer, and the Game Overthinker has already stated how local co-op multiplayer is superior to online.
    I don't know who the Game Overthinker is o.o

In any event, I'd like both present. If that's not possible, for me, local is preferred.

But they had previously announced online co-op. So, the lack of it now is disappointing

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Eh, the lack of on-line play doesn't bother me...
    The only on-line game I play right now is Elsword.

But WOW!!!
    Link with the Gaunlets looks AWESOME!!!
    Defenitly getting that weapon ASAP!
    Haven't seen the trailers yet, but Darunia & Impa are other characters that
    interest me...
    I generally do my best with the heavy-hitters, so yeah, these 3 are my top characters so far.

<3 & Ruto is CUUUUUTE! <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only person I'll probably be playing this with will be near me and won't own the game so it won't be annoying to me, but I can see how it would be annoying and disappointing. :(

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • I wonder if they'll let you switch between two weapons like they did in DW7 and DW8.
    If they do, i'm so getting the game.

EDIT: Does anyone think Link and the other characters will be added into the Warriors Orochi Roster?

Back