• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm biased for Pokemon!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always never liked apes/monkeys. Unsurprisingly I don't care for/borderline hate the Pokemon based on these animals (with one exception). Which brings me to my question!

Is there any group of Pokemon or just a Pokemon you dislike because of your dislike for what they're based upon in the real world? Since we're here I'll also ask the opposite. Do you just love some Pokemon so much because you love what they're based upon in the real world? I mean these questions in a biased way.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yep, that would be Rotom's formes. It's base form is cute, but the appliances... They just remember me of all the chores I have to do :)

Sirfetch’d

Yep, that would be Rotom's formes. It's base form is cute, but the appliances... They just remember me of all the chores I have to do :)

I couldn't agree more haha. Rotom was fine until they added the silly forms :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've never liked monkeys/apes or pigs, so I tend to not like Pokemon based off of those things. Except for Infernape. Infernape's cool.

I couldn't agree more haha. Rotom was fine until they added the silly forms :(

Aw, c'mon, you two have to at least think it's a bit funny to kick someone's ass with a washing machine or an Easy Bake Oven.

Reactions: Tek

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Yep, that would be Rotom's formes. It's base form is cute, but the appliances... They just remember me of all the chores I have to do :)

I could never train one because all them appliances represented a different headache; lawn moving the huge grass outside, washing the mountains of clothes, checking the oven, keep the fridge organized, all too much of a pain.

As for apes, I never really liked them either. I mean, a fire monkey? Come on people! At least a fighting type makes sense...

Sirfetch’d

I've never liked monkeys/apes or pigs, so I tend to not like Pokemon based off of those things. Except for Infernape. Infernape's cool.

Aw, c'mon, you two have to at least think it's a bit funny to kick someone's ass with a washing machine or an Easy Bake Oven.

I suppose that is true! Had a 6-0 sweep earlier with a desk fan that was pretty funny c:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not such a huge fan of dinosaurs (or reptiles in general, I suppose)--don't get me wrong, they are cool, but unfortunately, something about them just don't seem to click with me--but when I'd first seen Tropius (or was it something else?), those Pokémon immediately started to grow on me. I still don't like the animals themselves, but Pokémon, I do.

Same could be applied for apes; I'm not too fond of them, unfortunately, but have nothing against Pokémon that are designed after the animal group.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • Snake pokemon are love. They're my favorite animal, and I can safely say I don't have a gripe about any Snake Pokemon's design.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Anyone who's heard me talk about my favorite pokemans before will know I'm biased toward dragon and dinosaur looking pokemon. I also tend to dislike some rodent pokemon, like watchog and bibarel, and catlike ones, such as zangoose and purugly.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The Rotom formes are so blech. :(

I'm also not a big fan of the fossil Pokémon but that actually changed in Gen VI with the Amaura line. I like Tyrantrum a bit too but not Tyrunt.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Humanoid like Jynx and Machoke and Tyrogue is a bit too unpokemonyes that's now a word made by yours truly so I often not choose it even though its a glass cannon

Years
  • I love all the monkey-based Pokemon, because well my Chinese Zodiac is the monkey. I'm also pretty much attracted to any cute-looking Pokemon, but mostly the pink and blue stuff hehehehe.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Canines, foxes and felines. I love them so much in real life.

So I'm very, very, very biased towards any Pokemon that resembles such animals.

Also dragons too, I love dragons as well.

So my teams always consist of dragon, and canine/fox/feline looking pokemon.

Years
  • As a whole, I don't have any problem with the Rock type, but I just find it hard to like anything that looks like one or a few sentient rocks (Geodude, Onix, Roggenrola, Solrock, etc.). The same with Grass types- I like the typing itself, but a living plant (Bellsprout, Exeggutor, Sunflora, etc.) just doesn't capture my attention like a creature with earth based powers does.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • That's how I choose my favorite Pokemon, so in a way I'm very biased on Pokemon based on my favorite animals
    - Meerkats, Weasels, Ferrets, Otters, Felines, Foxes, Raccoons, Skunks, & Squirrels.

Any Pokemon resembling them are instantly in my top favorites, even if they aren't the best "competitively" I always prefer them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I absolutely hate Pokemon that come with clothes on. How the hell are Sawk and Throh hatched with a karate gi?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'm actually a bit sexist when it comes to certain Pokemon.
    Like, there are some Pokemon that I simply would not want as a female, or vice versa.

Back