• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Never played Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Are they worth getting all together for 30?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    Found them all together on eBay for 30, and I'm considering getting them. I have two siblings with 3DS' as well, so we might all grab one and run through it at the same time. So, is it worth getting?

Thanks, Lucardio

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Honestly that's not bad for all three games. Platinum is the best out of the three, however. It makes Gen 4 feel slightly less slow with its subtle refinements.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Platinum alone sells for like $39 alone at GameStop, so that's good for all three. But I would be wary about buying online, especially when those games are priced so low. Could possibly be fakes.

If things turn out okay though, I highly recommend playing Platinum over the other two. For $30 for the three, you can't get much better than that and you won't be losing out on money if you ignore Diamond and Pearl in favor of Platinum. But DP just run...really slowly, especially when surfing and battling (even with the animations off). Platinum fixed that, as well as a bunch of other issues people had with Diamond and Pearl, and it's a really solid game.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    Hmm... Looks like I might get it and play Platinum. Now to convince my siblings Platinum is mine.... (I heard about the post-game content, and I don't want that to go to waste, because they never finish Pokemon games.)

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • All three games are worth getting. Platinum is especially worth it, particularly if in the box. The thing about Pokemon games (particularly the 4th gen games, if GameStop's pricing is anything to go on), is that they tend to hold their value better than other games, mainly because they tend to have more demand than most other games.

Put simply, you should definitely go for it if you can.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    The Pokemon games I see at my local shops go for 30 dollars (most of the time more) for one game, so I'd say definitely. I'll also agree that Platinum is the best.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • If I were gonna pick one, I'd go with Platinum. As a game, I feel like it's mostly the same as the first two, but better as far as some of the events / story goes. I really would recommend at least playing that one, but all of them are fun. Worth it IMO.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Found them all together on eBay for 30
    I have two siblings with 3DS' as well, so we might all grab one and run through it at the same time. So, is it worth getting?

$30 for three now-uncommon Pokemon games for three people? That's what you call a crazy bargain. I think the answer is obvious by now. :3

just hide platinum away from your siblings.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    10 bucks for each is a really good price, and the games are totally worth it.
    Just make sure the games are not counterfeit.

Years
  • Like most of the others said, Platinum is the best of the three if you want a good Sinnoh experience since it fixes a lot of the issues Diamond & Pearl had, and the postgame content is fairly decent with rematches against the Gym Leaders as well as the Battle Frontier.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I got Diamond for 20$ used and on special. And the rest usually go for 30$ average. So 30$ for the lot is a good deal. Go for it, you can't go wrong.

Back