• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • Hello everyone :D

I've been gone for a while (almost a year, now), mainly due to exams and school. Back when I was active I hanged out a lot in the RP corner. I've decided to peep back in, and see how things are going. A few people I distinctly remember RPing with are Sir Bastian, PJBottoms (which may or may not have changed their username) and Chalifoux (previously known as EliteBeats).

So basically, all I want to know is - what have been the most distinct changes since my extremely shamelessly long hiatus?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hello everyone :D

I've been gone for a while (almost a year, now), mainly due to exams and school. Back when I was active I hanged out a lot in the RP corner. I've decided to peep back in, and see how things are going. A few people I distinctly remember RPing with are Sir Bastian, PJBottoms (which may or may not have changed their username) and Chalifoux (previously known as EliteBeats).

So basically, all I want to know is - what have been the most distinct changes since my extremely shamelessly long hiatus?

HEY FOX! Was I Magic before you left? Maybe Magic Fox?

Welcome back :3 honestly, not much has changed here aha. Lots of new faces around though as well as the ones you'll recognise. ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone :D

Welcome back! The most distinct changes are probably the flashy forum banners you'll see above the index. They are just there to be cool. And slightly informative. Etcetera.

Also we have a couple of stickied threads in the Roleplay Lounge nowadays that might be fun :3

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • The Shadow Shards, have you ever wanted a Fakemon RP but couldn't find one? If your answer is yes then you've found one! Whether your answer was yes or not you'll still enjoy this RP! This RP takes place in the Zytran region, a place that has it all, rolling hills, soaring mountains, beautiful meadows, dark caves, lush forests, and even fiery volcanoes. It even has calm towns and advanced cities. But as nice as this place sounds, it has another side. The Shadow Triad, a giant clan divided into 3 branches, is currently at war with the rest of the region. The Resistance is an army trying to stop the Shadow Triad. What are they after you might ask? The Shadow Shards, pieces of a crystal know as The Chaos Shadow Diamond that have an unknown power. As with most wars, there are people caught in the middle. They are known as The Survivors, many groups of people just trying to survive, but some are also after the shards. The Pokèmon League still manages to hold itself together. With 20 gyms to challenge, this league is a tough one! But don't worry if you're a Pokèmon coordinator because Zytran also has 20 villages for you to visit and compete for the ribbons at! No matter your faction, your ultimate goal is up to you. Hey, if you master the secret, you might even discover Zytran's legendary evolution,The Hyper Transformation. With a whole new region, tons of Pokèmon, many secrets, and even a new form of evolution, The Shadow Shards is definitely an RP that will be remembered!

Join Now: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=340276

Years

I remember you! For memory you're one of the people who I didn't end up kicking out of Novia for inactivity. Welcome back xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I remember you! For memory you're one of the people who I didn't end up kicking out of Novia for inactivity. Welcome back xD
    You didn't kick me either, I left on my own accord iirc 8)
    /slapp'd

Years
  • You didn't kick me either, I left on my own accord iirc 8)
    /slapp'd

Yeah you did haha
    It was a while after you left where I ended up having to remove everyone but like two or three people to make room for active people haha

Not one of my brightest moments as a GM really xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We're all learning as we go! I'm sort of bummed at not having the creative energy to participate in both RPs I'm GMing. I want to jump back into Begin Again with you guys :3

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years

I have no idea who you are, and cannot answer your question because I am relatively new and am sparingly here, but a Zorori avatar? I really shouldn't be surprised, but I can't help it as I watched that a lot when I was younger.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • So, I have another question for y'all....

What are your thoughts on maps for forum based RPs (the one we have here)? Are they useless, or are they worth the time and effort to make? If they are indeed, how do you go about making them? Computer program, drawn out by hand, etc...

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I LOVE maps! Actually, I've never really participated extensively in a roleplay with them yet. But so many times have happened where I find it impossible to keep track of where we are, and I really want some visual of that. Maps are perfect. In fact, we've created our own map for this RP we've been working on making here. (For months, it's been, but hey, loads of distractions are everywhere)

Of course, I suck at geography. So I had my fiance draw out the map on paper, and then I cleaned it up in Photoshop as well as adding shiny colors. Here, take a look! That's probably what I'll be doing for any future maps that are made as well.

Years
  • So, I have another question for y'all....

What are your thoughts on maps for forum based RPs (the one we have here)? Are they useless, or are they worth the time and effort to make? If they are indeed, how do you go about making them? Computer program, drawn out by hand, etc...

I think it depends a lot depending on the RP. If the characters are frequently moving back and forth between different locations across a large area then I think maps can be beneficial which is why I want one for my current project.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years

• Wow, looks nice!

I think it depends a lot depending on the RP. If the characters are frequently moving back and forth between different locations across a large area then I think maps can be beneficial which is why I want one for my current project.

I was thinking the same thing. What would you say is a good option for those like me, who haven't an artistic bone in their body? I'm toying with the idea of creating a map for an RP concept of mine.

Years
  • Wow, looks nice!

I was thinking the same thing. What would you say is a good option for those like me, who haven't an artistic bone in their body? I'm toying with the idea of creating a map for an RP concept of mine.

RPG Maker Lite and Hexographer were suggested to me.
    Unfortunately the former didn't seem to suit my purposes and for some reason my computer won't let me use the latter - which I will say is very efficient having used it before.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I once made a relatively crappy map with some hours in MS Paint :] it wasn't beautiful, but it suited my needs. If you care about the looks more than utility though, the above might be worth a try.

Years
  • I just took the adventure route and created a map for my RP in Paint.
    It wasn't very difficult at all really, although my map is definitely functional not pretty to look at.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, who is up for some springtime Roleplay Awards? :) to praise the people you think have performed admirably in the RPC lately but maybe haven't been noticed as much as you think they should be!

Years
  • So, who is up for some springtime Roleplay Awards? :) to praise the people you think have performed admirably in the RPC lately but maybe haven't been noticed as much as you think they should be!

Yes.
    Much yes.
    I love giving people recognition for their work.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • So, who is up for some springtime Roleplay Awards? :) to praise the people you think have performed admirably in the RPC lately but maybe haven't been noticed as much as you think they should be!

Oooh, you got season-ly awards now? They're probably rigged since mods always win

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back