• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon: EDM Version

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hack Name: Pokemon EDM

Hack Of: Pokemon Red

Introduction:
    So I know it's been some time since I posted here but I've decided to attempt once more to hack Pokemon Red. This time there will be no pressure on a release, I will take my time and who knows maybe a considerable amount will be done within a few months. I will release one demo which will feature all of the western side of the map (2 gym leaders and 4 towns). Then the final release.

Plot:
    You are thrust into a strange hybrid world where EDM producers and Pokemon are combined. As you explore the land you discover more about the reason you are here and how to get back home. Challenge GYM Leaders who are familiar faces in the EDM world! Capture all the Pokemans as per usual too!

Features:

- New region that is almost twice the size of Kanto! Welcome to the region of Merino!
    Fo6cD.jpg

{The red parts are what is explorable in the first demo}

- New maps
    All the maps will be changed and new maps have been added!

- New music
    All the town music and other landmark music has been replaced with EDM songs I think are appropriate (re-composed in the Pokemon Gameboy style by myself!)

- New characters
    Characters from the real world have been thrown into this strange surreal hybrid land.

- Catch all 151 Pokemans
    Plus many more that I've added myself! :D

- New ASM scripts
    In order for the storyline to fully pan out, new ASM events and scripts have been added for a wide variety of new story episodes and features!

- Increased maximum level to 250
    Yeah, thats right! Pokemon can now level all the way up to 250 simply due to the length of this game!

Screenshots

{These images may not depict the final product, these were taken during development!}

nTWiS.jpg
    Xe47B.jpg

Bwgbq.jpg
    8EFIg.jpg

QdO75.jpg
    bZCBi.jpg

9TmXy.jpg
    MQ2nI.jpg

lZg4Y.jpg
    tshsA.jpg

ikI7v.jpg
    IGqgZ.jpg

TDcOM.jpg

Video

Game Introduction

S.S.ZOOM Script

Download

[TBA] - Demo is 75% finished.

Credits

Hax.iimarck.us Users - For all there continual help
    Danny-E 33 - Gen II Graphics Patch
    IIMarckus - Pokered dissassembley
    ShantyTown - RBMap
    Me - Putting all this stuff together LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Seems nice and fun to play. I was wondering the same thing but on Gen3 rom. Will you insert EDM music ? (Dont know if that can happen, just asking.)

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • Seems nice and fun to play. I was wondering the same thing but on Gen3 rom. Will you insert EDM music ? (Dont know if that can happen, just asking.)

There will be well known EDM tracks in there, just modified to sound more in the style of Pokemon :)

~Red

Years
  • Graphics update! Used the tileset from my old project Pokemon: Wisteria :)

QdO75.jpg
    bZCBi.jpg

9TmXy.jpg
    MQ2nI.jpg

Demo is getting closer to being finished. I'd say we're at 65% completion.

Years
  • VIDEO TIME :D

This is the intro to the game.

Your video's broken. Instead of putting the whole youtube link within the Youtube brackets (you put https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9kbi59KbM) only put the part after the equal sign, so only put "fa9kbi59KbM" in the brackets.

Also the game introduction video in the OP has the same problem.

~Red

Years
  • A little update. The demo is very nearly finished, just got to finish off the last few parts of the storyline. I've also expanded the region so that it's almost twice the size of Kanto.

Welcome to the Merino Region! Here is a map of the region itself, the red parts are what will be explorable in the demo. I'm also thinking of releasing a second demo before the final release as the game is going to be very long and I don't want to keep you guys hanging :)

Fo6cD.jpg

Last edited:

~Red

Years
  • So the demo is now playable, going to run through the game myself and polish it up and balance the difficulty. Once thats done if anyone would like the test the beta please send me a PM :)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • So the demo is now playable, going to run through the game myself and polish it up and balance the difficulty. Once thats done if anyone would like the test the beta please send me a PM :)
    As much fun as it sounds I'm sure the demo would just tease me so good luck to everyone who will be testing it.

~Red

Years
  • Gonna be redoing most of the demo as I feel the other Red hacks being worked on at the moment are far more adventurous than mine and you'll just get bored.

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    I look forward to giving RED EDM a try when it's released. Looks cool :)

I was wondering though, if anyone has got ShantyTown's RBMap Editor working on Windows 7?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I am only reviving this thread for one purpose, I found the source code on an old USB and have uploaded it to github. I'm struggling to compile it but if anyone would like to give it a go and finish this they are welcome to. https://github.com/SnydOfficial/pokeedm

EDIT: I used avicii as one of the planned gym leaders and to respect his passing it is up to any future developers to include him or not.

EDIT2: I used to be ~Red before I lost my password lmao

Last edited:
    Back