• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Wants To Be A PokéMillionaire?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    Hi everyone!

I will be holding a Millionaire Pokémon-Style gameshow in this thread for people to play! I have seen there have been previous versions of this created by other people in the past, but I am going to try this myself. The game itself will play exactly like the classic UK version of the show, with a few obvious differences, mainly being the questions will be all about Pokémon, whether this be the games, the anime, the TCG or any other Pokémon related things I can think of.

I'll post the rules here briefly just incase anyone hasn't seen a version of this show: (Please note: PéD = PokéDollars)

1. Before the game begins, up to 10 contestants will play Fastest Finger First to decide who will play in the hotseat. A question will be asked, and the contestants will have to PM me the answer. The fastest person to get it right will then go to the hotseat.
    2. In the hotseat, the contestant will have to answer 15 multiple choice questions correctly. Doing so will win them 1,000,000 PokéDollars.
    3. Question 5 for PéD1,000 and Question 10 for PéD32,000 are safe levels, meaning once a contestant gets past that question, they are guaranteed to leave with at least that much.
    4. If a contestant should get a question wrong at any point, they will fall back to the last safe level the reached, and will leave with that much. If a contestant answers one of the first five questions wrong, they will leave with PéD0.
    5. Each contestant has 3 lifelines they can use once at any point during the game. There is no limit to the amount of lifelines that can be used on any particular question, but each one can only be used.
    6. The first lifeline is 50:50. This lifeline removes two of the wrong answers, leaving the correct answer, and one wrong answer.
    7. The second lifeline is PHONE-A-FRIEND. This lifeline allows the contestant to ask another member of Pokécommunity for help on that question. I would say try to arrange your Phone-A-Friend before your run in the hotseat starts, simply to save time, and to avoid making another member doing something they don't want to.
    8. The third lifeline is ASK THE AUDIENCE. This lifeline will either allow other members to vote on a question, or I will create the results myself. I haven't decided this yet.
    9. At any point, a contestant may choose to Walk Away with the money they have won so far. Even if the contestant has used a lifeline on the same question, they can still walk away.
    10. Once a contestants run is over, another player is selected to play, by playing Fastest Finger First again. (See Rule 1)
    11. All contestants must say 'Final Answer', 'That's My Final Answer', 'Lock it in' or a similar phrase to signal that this is their Final Answer. If you don't do this, I will politely prompt you to do so.

So those are the format rules, but there are a few more housekeeping rules just to keep the game running smoothly.

1. When it is your turn in the hotseat, there will be a limit of 48 hours to give me your answer.
    2. If you miss the 48 hour limit, you will recieve a strike. Reach three strikes, and I will class it as if you have Walked Away.
    3. Please don't post unless you are the contestant, or if you are the Phone-A-Friend and this lifeline is in use, an Audience member during this lifeline, or rooting for the contestant. It is requested any out-of-character comments be placed in (Brackets/Parenthesis).
    4. After you have finished your game, you must wait for 1 whole episode to pass before you may re-enter the contestant pool.
    5. Please don't search the answers up on google or ask other people using the PM system. It takes the fun out of the game, and I may report you the staff and disqualify you from the game.

You may now be thinking 'hmm, this sounds fun! I want to play! Where do I sign up?'. To sign up you must either PM me or place in this thread the following:

• Name you wish to use in the game.
    • Hometown (A Pokémon town or city.)
    • Occupation (Optional, but can be real or fictional)
    • Favourite Pokémon.
    • A funny Pokémon story you wish to be retold during the contestant introuduction segment before the main game begins (This is also optional).

The only thing left to cover now are the roles available in this game. The only thing I need are either 6, 8, or 10 contestants. Preferably an even number just because I will be using images, and an odd number of Fastest Finger First seats won't look right... The deadline for sign-ups is either Wednesday 22nd June, or whenever all the roles are filled. Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you all soon!

DipperPines12 ;)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • The third lifeline is ASK THE AUDIENCE. This lifeline will either allow other members to vote on a question, or I will create the results myself. I haven't decided this yet.
    I recommend voting, it's funnier and more like in the actual show.

Edit:
    The second lifeline is PHONE-A-FRIEND. This lifeline allows the contestant to ask another member of Pokécommunity for help on that question. I would say try to arrange your Phone-A-Friend before your run in the hotseat starts, simply to save time, and to avoid making another member doing something they don't want to.
    In forum environment, this is pretty much same as skipping the question unless can somehow implement the 30 sec time limit because it's so easy to find the answer if you know where to look at. Short time limit is the key point in this lifeline.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    I recommend voting, it's funnier and more like in the actual show.

Edit:
    In forum environment, this is pretty much same as skipping the question unless can somehow implement the 30 sec time limit because it's so easy to find the answer if you know where to look at. Short time limit is the key point in this lifeline.

Thanks for your suggestions! In terms of Ask The Audience, I will go with voting, I think. As for Phone-A-Friend, I did originally plan to make this just a 'scripted' Phone-A-Friend, or as a set role with a few members someone can pick for. However, being on Millionaire forums that do Phone-A-Friend using this method, it does usually work there, so I am hoping it'll work here. If it's clear it isn't working right, I will either change who does the lifeline, or change it for a different lifeline altogether.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    If it's clear it isn't working right, I will either change who does the lifeline, or change it for a different lifeline altogether.

Yeah, I would recommend just changing it to swapping the question for another question or Double Dip (kinda pointless when 50:50 is sorta the same thing but still) because I don't really see that working very well.

I'd be down for something like this though, but how can you make sure people don't just look it up somewhere? I mean, I know the actual show's fake as hell but this kind of thing just works better live than over a forum like this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    I'd be down for something like this though, but how can you make sure people don't just look it up somewhere? I mean, I know the actual show's fake as hell but this kind of thing just works better live than over a forum like this.

Truth be told, there is no way to ensure people don't cheat except to threaten them with being reported and disqualification from the game. Usually, on other forums these sorts of things happen, this is enough, and a WWTBAM-specific forum I am on rarely gets cheaters. It's also usually quite obvious to tell if somebody is cheating though.

EDIT: A Live online version could work... Although personally I'd prefer text-based. Does anyone know of any websites where I could create something like this?

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • EDIT: A Live online version could work... Although personally I'd prefer text-based. Does anyone know of any websites where I could create something like this?

If I understand your concept correctly, I think any chatting client will do. I'd recommend Skype or Discord (PC has actually its own Discord group in case you're interested).

Back