• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
  • UPDATE WHITE 2
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Gonna go ahead and start me a Pokemon Zeta Nuzlocke! Gonna be hella fun and all that shizz
    Got the grass starter Bellsprout (Didn't knew who to pick, used RNG)
    Her name is now Belle.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    It's time for us to plan for the Elite Four, and I need all the help I can get!! :DDDD!!!!

I'm away next week, but from Monday 25th April, I will have daily uploads from Monday through to Friday for the Elite Four and the Champion!!​

PS: watch to the end for a cheeky BONUS scene :P

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Username: PokeHunterBlack
    Game: White
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Optional rules:
    All pokemon must be nicknamed
    No dupes clause (only if the pokemon is alive)
    A black out doesn't end the run unless there are no pokemon left in the PC

Years
  • Username: Count
    Version: X
    Single/Ultimate: Single

--

Started this run, my first proper nuzlocke, about a week ago but didn't feel the need to post because everything went very smoothly and I had just one casualty up until yesterday.

I just defeated Olympia. I led with my Vivillon as it was the only one with an advantage over the Psychic type. I wasn't expecting her to lead with Sigilyph so he needed some help there, but it went very smoothly afterwards. My current team:

703.png
    Sibel | Lv. 46
    448.png
    Storm | Lv. 47
    006.png
    Olympus | Lv. 49
    666.png
    Disco | Lv. 49
    654.png
    Plume | Lv. 50
    184.png
    Smurfe | Lv. 50

And in the graveyard...

696.png
    Umpire | Lv. 24. I forgot where it died. Oops.
    143.png
    Meave | Lv. 44. Died in Forst Cavern. I had just taught it Belly Drum, didn't turn out very well.
    460.png
    Frostbite | Lv. 40. Girl had a short lived career on my team. I caught it, evolved it using a Rare Candy, and it died soon after in a battle versus Calem in front the Anistar City gym.

Edit:

My dear Carbink just passed away... Thought I'd quickly take out Lysandre's Murkrow with it, I was sure it would survive despite it being at 1/3 of its HP. I hadn't thought about Steel Wing... I feel really stupid now because the exact same thing has happened before. Man, this sucks.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I just started a Pokémon Y Nulocke challenge. I picked Froakie as my starter.

- Got froakie
    - Defeated Shauna pretty early
    - First encounter Route 2 was Zigzagoon. But Froakie killed it with a crit tackle
    - First encounter Santalune Forest was Caterpie. Caught it succesfully and grinded it up to level 5.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Pokemon White Nuzlocke Challenge

Session 1

I chose Snivy (Alex) in the beginning and thrashed Bianca and Cheren. I got the PokéDex and on Route 1 I captured a Lillipup (Lily) and Patrat (Matt), before going to Acculmula Town I trained a bit before N. Which I almost lost Lily and Alex. I beat N and headed to Striaton City, where I got Panpour (Harry) and trained a bit before Chili.

Current Team
    Alex (Snivy) Lvl 15
    Lily (Lillipup) Lvl 15
    Harry (Panpour) Lvl 14

PC
    Matt (Patrat) Lvl 5

Session 2

After getting the 1st badge I went to Nacrene City after saving to little girls Pokémon from Team Plasma. A caught a few Pokémon along the way, like Dennis the Blitzle. After training a bit before taking on the Gym a faced Lenora and lost all my Pokémon! All of them, including the ones in the PC during the rematch!

Pokémon caught - 12 - Snivy, Herdier, Watchog, Purloin, Panpour, Munna, Pidove, Woobat, Throh, Tympole and Timburr

Badges - 1/8

Challenge Failed! I am not going to try again.

Next Up! The Anime Style Challenge!

Years
  • Well, that was intense. The Elite Four didn't go as smoothly as initially anticipated.

Graveyard, pre-E4, with many deaths since last update:

Spoiler:

Went into the league with this as my team (don't know the levels they were at, I think 62-69):
    576.png
    Annabelle
    716.png
    Juvenile
    108.png
    Enzyme
    448.png
    Storm
    654.png
    Plume
    184.png
    Smurfe

It actually started off quite good. Got through Mr. Ironworks and Ms. Dragonmark rather easily, knowing the second half would be a bit tougher, but I thought I would do fine. And everything was fine, until Chandelure took the life of Smurfe with a critical Shadow Ball. I was relying on Smurfe to get through Mr. Flood without too many problems so that sucked.
    In the battle with Mr. Flood, some more warriors fell... First to go was Annabelle, got hit by X-Scissor, I don't know what I was thinking. Storm also fainted, which had me in such a shock that I have no idea how it happened.

At this point I was already accepting my fate. I figured I was without a chance. But I refused to give up and faced Diantha, with just the following three:

716.png
    Juvenile
    108.png
    Enzyme
    654.png
    Plume

Juvenile got through Hawlucha and Tyrantrum very easily. For Aurorus, I figured my best bet would be Enzyme with Power-Up Punch, which eventually got it down, leaving it with a whopping +6 Attack. I was getting hopeful. It got Goodra down with a single Strength, but Pumpkaboo would be too hard to take down, so it had to make room for Plume. I realized that if I used Light Screen, I could use Juvenile's Geomancy later on, after which taking down Mega Gardevoir would be a piece of cake. Plume took down Pumpkaboo with a Flamethrower, and it was time for Juvenile vs. Gardevoir. With Light Screen on, it turned out to be even easier than expected to set up for taking down Gardevoir. And thus we succeeded.

716.png
    Juvenile | Lv. 64
    108.png
    Enzyme | Lv. 65
    654.png
    Plume | Lv. 70

Not bad, if I may say so myself.

(Fun fact: Enzyme died during the battle with the tall guy).

The end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    So I made it to the Elite Four in my Pokémon Ruby Nuzlocke!!

You can see how my mighty team of heroes did down below (Each battle is in a separate spoiler tag to keep the mystery alive!!):

First up it's Sidney...

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • I have a new Nuzlocke Challenge LP coming to my channel soon, which I will post every episode here for anyone that's interested, and figured I would sign-up now.

User Name: TheCrystalFlaaffy
    Game: Pokemon Blue Kaizo
    Optional Rules:
    Spoiler:

I look forward to recording the first episode, and I hope you'll all enjoy :]

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Hello Poke-Community! I'll be doing a new Nuzlocke playthrough within the next few weeks. Thought I'd share the love with the forums and see if anyone was interested in watching me go through the journey!

Username: GhostFlame
    Version: Pokemon My Ass Version [HACK of PKMN Fire Red]
    Single/Ultimate?: Single Challenge.

Optional Rules:
    Spoiler:

Choose My Starter! Please comment on the video saying which of the 6 starter choices you want me to start with. Thanks guys, wish me luck!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Okay so here we go everyone, the start of our new adventure is finally here!

I just uploaded the first episode of my channel's newest let's play of Pokémon Blue Kaizo so check it out if you're interested :]

Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Episode 1 Update
    Spoiler:
    Episode 2 Update
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finally got to play a little, so here's update:

Spoiler:

And team:
    Amaura lvl. 34
    Sima (Furfrou) lvl. 34
    Onda (Pidgeot) lvl. 38
    Lena (Venusaur) lvl. 38
    Squick (Tentacool) lvl. 26

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Here's episode 3 everyone, I'm posting it a day late cause I didn't have the time to do it yesterday unfortunately. But better late than never right?

Enjoy :]

Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Badges
    50px-Boulder_Badge.png

Episode 3:
    Spoiler:
    Current Team:
    002.png

Belladonna the Ivysaur
    Level 19
    Vine Whip | Headbutt | Toxic | Absorb
    017.png

Stardust the Pidgeotto
    Level 17
    Wing Attack | Sand Attack | Quick Attack | Swift
    030.png

London the Nidorina
    Level 16
    Double Kick | Bite | Toxic
    105.png

Mama's Boy the Marowak
    Level 18
    Headbutt | Bonemerang | Double-Edge | Rock Slide
    025.png

Ketchum the Pikachu
    Level 18
    Thunder Punch | Quick Attack | Thunder Wave | Headbutt
    129.png

Cocktail the Magikarp
    Level 5
    Splash | Bubble
    Boxed:
    Spoiler:
    Deaths:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Following yesterday's update, I played today and actually get another 2 badges and 1 death...

Spoiler:

And team:
    Sima (Furfrou) lvl. 45
    Onda (Pidgeot) lvl. 48
    Lena (Venusaur) lvl. 47
    Flash (Slowbro) lvl. 42
    Satoshi (Gabite) lvl. 38
    Hellmo (Shelmet) lvl. 30

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Username: Superstrength79
    Version: Alpha Sapphire

Optional rules:
    1. Pokemon must be shiny! Must PokeNav or Horde encounter until a Pokemon is found/captured.
    2. Pokemon must be fully EV trained before battle (Super Training)
    3. No Pokemon Amie.

Update #1

Found first shiny Pokemon after 600+ encounters. This is my "starter" Pokemon.

263.png

Nickname: Teek
    LVL: 2
    Ability: Quick Feet
    Nature: Hasty

EV trained Teek on Poochyena and other Zigzagoon until I could get to Petalburg City and unlock the Super Training. Used Super Training to max out Attack and Speed, with the remainder in HP. Now I am in Petalburg Woods trying to get a shiny Shroomish. Leveled Teek to 11.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I finally have time to post that I started my Diamond playthrough. No, I have not finished any others. I'm still in the middle of Blue and started Emerald, but I just really wanted to explore through Sinnoh again.

Started my game up, and my Trainer ID showed that I was going to choose Chimchar as my starter. Things went well enough, and I caught a wide variety of decent Pokemon already. The journey isn't going too badly, though it is still just the beginning. I only have one badge, and saved in Floaroma Town. I'm just trying to get some members of the team trained so I'm not always relying on a select few.

The 6-man roster:
    Spoiler:

Back