• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon That Look Identical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
  • Spr_5b_252.png
    Spr_5b_495.png

Treecko - Snivy

Treecko's tail is a leaf and so is Snivy's.
    They're the fastest starters in their generations and the weakest ones offensively too.

That's not true! Sceptile got quite a special attack, combine that with the fact that all grass moves were special in gen III as well as the fact it had access to the most powerful grass move at the time, Leaf Blade, it was quite deadly.

Also I don't think the 2 of them look similar at all. Treecko has got much larger arms and legs compared to Snivy, while Snivy has got a longer body. The tails are also quite different, treecko's isn't as flat as Snivy's. the Shapes of their tales is also quite different.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    That's not true! Sceptile got quite a special attack, combine that with the fact that all grass moves were special in gen III as well as the fact it had access to the most powerful grass move at the time, Leaf Blade, it was quite deadly.

Also I don't think the 2 of them look similar at all. Treecko has got much larger arms and legs compared to Snivy, while Snivy has got a longer body. The tails are also quite different, treecko's isn't as flat as Snivy's. the Shapes of their tales is also quite different.
    Lol, get owned :P

I think that Meganium and Tropius look a bit similar :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2015
    what about pokemon that are just duplicates of another pokemon?

for example, diglet > dugstrio
    magnemite > magneton

their identical in a way

Years
  • That's not true! Sceptile got quite a special attack, combine that with the fact that all grass moves were special in gen III as well as the fact it had access to the most powerful grass move at the time, Leaf Blade, it was quite deadly.
    If you sum their base offensive stats:
    Sceptile: 85 + 105 = 190 least offense
    Swampert: 110 + 85 = 195
    Blaziken: 120 + 110 = 230
    Serperior: 70 + 70 = 140 least offense
    Samurott: 100 + 108 =208
    Emboar: 123 + 100 = 223

Leaf Blade's Base Power in Generation III was 70. SolarBeam's was (and it still is) 120 in that Generation. Oh, I forgot!!! 70 is bigger number than 120!! Oh dearie me...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • If you sum their base offensive stats:
    Sceptile: 85 + 105 = 190 least offense
    Swampert: 110 + 85 = 195
    Blaziken: 120 + 110 = 230
    Serperior: 70 + 70 = 140 least offense
    Samurott: 100 + 108 =208
    Emboar: 123 + 100 = 223

Leaf Blade's Base Power in Generation III was 70. SolarBeam's was (and it still is) 120 in that Generation. Oh, I forgot!!! 70 is bigger number than 120!! Oh dearie me...

By the time you're able to launch you solar beam, I've already had the chance to strike twice with my leaf Blade. And base 105 Special attack is pretty high.

And not counting Serperior's hidden ability, Sceptile still has more offense, as well as a larger movepool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry, but this thread is two years old and therefore long dead. You should post in THIS thread instead though, since it is pretty much about the same thing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back