• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Face-Off Series [Current Topic: Create a Trainer!]

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
Years
  • Approved by Revised Librarian~

Greetings and welcome to The PokéCommunity Face-Off Series! I'm Duranteater who used to be Deceiving Eyes! Nidoking is also here co-owning this thread as well so make sure to say hi to him!

In this thread, we as the members of PokéCommunity will get to play games called Face-Offs (or Knockouts/Eliminations). Twelve different members (including me and Nidoking) can submit a topic of their choosing. It can be Pokemon Types, Eeveelutions, or almost anything related to Pokemon! We might allow a few more depending on the demand. When a member submits a topic in this thread, I or Nidoking will approve if it meets these guidelines:

• Has enough choices to warrant a Face-Off (six-seven being the ideal minimum).
    • Will not take a long time (I or Nidoking might find a solution if it's the case).
    • Is related to Pokemon.

After all topics are approved, we'll use an RNG to determine the order of which Face-Offs will be played. Once we are all done with them, we'll do one final Face-Off consisting the twelve Face-Offs in which the winner will have his Face-Off crowned PFS Winner!

Here are the formats that will be used depending on the topics submitted. More than one format may be used in a Face-Off if needed:

Hurt-Heal: This is usually the standard format of most Face-Offs and the most well known. Members simply count up a choice by a certain number and vice-versa. Here's an example:
    Accelgor: 11 +
    Vivillon: 10
    Metapod: 9 -

Hurt-Heal Distribution: This works like the original Hurt-Heal format but instead of being limited to two choices, you can upvote/downvote any number of choices available. There's also a point distribution where members have a certain number of points (like 7) and can distribute them in any manner as long as he or she upvotes and downvotes. Here's an example:
    Accelgor: 13 (+3)
    Vivillon: 12 (+2)
    Metapod: 8 (-2)

Count Up/Count Down: This format is relatively simple. All you have to do is count up/down by 1 and whichever choice hits a certain number wins (or loses). Here's an example:
    Accelgor: 1
    Escavalier: 0

Multi-Tournament: This works exactly like the Count Up/Count Down format but there is more than one set of choices as opposed to just two choices competing. Whichever contestants reaches a certain number wins. Here's an example:
    Accelgor: 1 +
    Escavalier: 0

Leavanny: 1 +
    Vespiquen: 0

Butterfree: 0
    Beedrill: 1 +

List Elimination: While I or Nidoking would normally not do long and tiring Face-Offs, List Elimination is a last resort. This is used if there are a ton of choices. An example would be if one wanted to do a Unova Pokemon Face-Off. We would then put all 156 Pokemon in a list inside a spoiler and members eliminate a Pokemon one-by-one until the list gets shorter.

To submit a topic of your choice, just fill out this application:

Username:
    Face-Off Topic:
    Favorite Unova Pokemon:

...and that's all there is to it! Here are the rules to follow:

Rules:
    1. Follow all general PokéCommunity Rules.
    2. Do not double post unless it was an accident. If you do just delete your duplicate/second post.
    3. Do not edit your posts when playing a Face-Off unless you get "ninja'd".
    4. Do not delete your posts shortly after making them as this causes confusion.
    5. Do not ask others to help you unless I can't see that you're doing it.
    6. Respect each other's opinions. We're all a part of the family.
    7. I and Nidoking have the authority to pause the game to fix up tallies and ban anyone from playing if we see someone constantly doing something inappropriate.
    8. Anyone can play! This thread isn't limited to those that submitted a topic so go nuts (well not too nutty but you get the gist of it)!
    9. Have fun!

I'll start by submitting my own Face-Off:

Username: Duranteater
    Face-Off Topic: Create-A-Trainer
    Favorite Unova Pokemon: Durant, Heatmor, Archeops, Zekrom, Serperior, Hydreigon, Vanilluxe, Garbodor...everything about Unova is amazing!

Face-Off Topics:
    1. Create-A-Trainer by Duranteater
    2. Villain Teams by Nidoking
    3. Eeveelutions by Revised Librarian
    4. PokéBalls by Lycanthropy
    5. Pseudo-Legends by classiccartoonsftw

Winners:
    TBD

Last edited by a moderator:

d

NPC might take a long time so i'll change mine to villain teams

2. Do not double post unless it was an accident. If you do just delete your duplicate/second post.

Regarding this, I do think we should try to remake the thread whenever it gets long enough for this to become a problem

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Let's give this a shot! :D

Username: Revise Librarian
    Face-Off Topic: Eeveelutions!
    Favorite Unova Pokémon: Sewaddle/Swadloon <3

I hope I didn't miss anything here! xD

King Rockruff

Rockruff
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I think if we don't get too many submissions we could just start the face-offs anyway. 4 is enough to last a while

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
    Years
  • NPC might take a long time so i'll change mine to villain teams

Regarding this, I do think we should try to remake the thread whenever it gets long enough for this to become a problem
    Your topic has been changed! And yeah I'll probably do that if we ever reach to that situation.
    Let's give this a shot! :D

Username: Revise Librarian
    Face-Off Topic: Eeveelutions!
    Favorite Unova Pokémon: Sewaddle/Swadloon <3

I hope I didn't miss anything here! xD
    You're good to go. Accepted! Hope you have fun!
    Hi! o/

Username: Lycanthropy
    Face-Off Topic: Poké Balls
    Favorite Unova Pokemon: Sandshrew Chandelure

Accepted! Hope you have fun!

I'll add both of your topics to the OP now!

I think if we don't get too many submissions we could just start the face-offs anyway. 4 is enough to last a while

Yeah I was thinking of a cut-off date. I think two-three more days could be enough before we begin. What do you all think?

King Rockruff

Rockruff
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Either a cut off date or just allow people to submit multiple face-offs, just for this one time only. It likely won't be this slow after the games get started, since there will be more people here, meaning more submissions for face-offs.

But more might come, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

Meadow

Years
  • Yeah I was thinking of a cut-off date. I think two-three more days could be enough before we begin. What do you all think?

I agree with having a cut-off date! Unfortunately, PokéTrivia is nowhere near as active as it used to be, so it would be a real challenge to get 12 different people to make submissions here. =(

I think a couple more days should be fine, but it's your call whenever you feel we're ready to start! :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Username: classiccartoonsftw
    Face-Off Topic: Pseudo-legends
    Favorite Unova Pokemon: Volcarona

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
    Years
  • I agree with having a cut-off date! Unfortunately, PokéTrivia is nowhere near as active as it used to be, so it would be a real challenge to get 12 different people to make submissions here. =(

I think a couple more days should be fine, but it's your call whenever you feel we're ready to start! :D
    I thought about a cut-off date! We will begin on Sunday August 14th...whenever I wake up which means we'll have two more days of submissions by other members so if you haven't submitted a topic, do so now!
    Username: classiccartoonsftw
    Face-Off Topic: Pseudo-legends
    Favorite Unova Pokemon: Volcarona
    Approved! I'll add you to the list!

King Rockruff

Rockruff
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    So... I used the RNG and got 3, which means... we'll begin with the Eeveelution Face-Off by Revise Librarian!

Revise, you may choose the format and host your face off here.

Meadow

Years
  • Alrighty! According to the first post, this race will be following the Count Down format! You cannot add points to the Eeveelutions — you can only subtract! Once an Eeveelution reaches 0 points, just put "Eliminated" next to its name (instead of a number). The last Eeveelution standing will be our winner!

(I apologize in advance if Count Up/Down was supposed to be a single format, but it seemed to me like we had a choice between those two!)

Vaporeon - 20
    Jolteon - 20
    Flareon - 20
    Espeon - 20
    Umbreon - 20
    Leafeon - 20
    Glaceon - 20
    Sylveon - 20

Good luck!

King Rockruff

Rockruff
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Vaporeon - 20
    Jolteon - 20
    Flareon - 20
    Espeon - 20
    Umbreon - 20
    Leafeon - 20
    Glaceon - 20
    Sylveon - 19 -

No, he meant them as two different formats, but it can also be both in one if you choose. This works perfectly well. How many points are we allowed to remove? Just one?

Meadow

Years
  • Vaporeon - 20
    Jolteon - 20
    Flareon - 20
    Espeon - 20
    Umbreon - 20
    Leafeon - 20
    Glaceon - 20
    Sylveon - 18

How many points are we allowed to remove? Just one?

Yup, just one! (Whoops, forgot to mention that in my last post, haha.)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Vaporeon - 20
    Jolteon - 20
    Flareon - 20
    Espeon - 20
    Umbreon - 19 -
    Leafeon - 20
    Glaceon - 20
    Sylveon - 18