• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preventing trainer from going somewhere based on badges

JohnnyComotion

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • I am currently working on a game, which starts in the Kanto, and New Island is to the south of Cinnabar Island. I have placed a building directly below the Island, and I need to have a liaison of some sort to prevent the trainer from passing before getting their 8th badge.

Also, I'd like to figure out how to lock up the last gym until the first 7 badges have been collected.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Thius is more for essentials section but anyway, no script is required just use switches or Variables.

Variables sounds better, in my head.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Step one: Create a variable!
    Step two: Each time you beat a gym leader variable +=1
    Step three: If variable < 7, the door won't open!

This shouldn't be too hard too implement. If you're strugglinh with this, try looking up some basic RMXP eventing tutorials/exercises before trying to tackle similar, or even more difficult problems.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Variables would probably work much better for things that require a specific number of gym badges to be obtained, for example entry to the Pokemon League would require a check of 8 by standard. Things which require individual badges, such as small roadblocks, should use switches. I doubt you'd want to set an 8-tier conditional branch for a Pokemon League checkpoint, and I doubt you'd want to have a roadblock cleared from a route that required the "Third" gym badge, but you instead have a variable set to check for "Three" gym badges.

Variables for larger things, switches for smaller events.

Back