• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VS Sequences?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    Hey all. I'm trying to do versus bar sequences for major battles, but all of the guides I have read have either been confusing or incomplete. Can anyone explain how to do it or at least point me in the right direction?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • the player is either defined as 0 for male or 1 for female
    you make an important trainer in the pbs folder in the txt labelled trainertypes
    lets say this trainer is #32
    go into the transitions folder and make graphics labelled vsBar0 vBar1 vsBar32 vsTrainer0 vsTrainer32 vsTrainer1

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    Ah I see! So when I want this to happen how to I actually include this in the in game event?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    All you need to do is make the graphics. The Vs animation will be played automatically if they exist. I swear the wiki says this.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    I'm just dumb. Thanks for being nice guys. I know little morons like me can get obnoxious.

Well I got it to work, but the images I have of the other trainers are too small. This sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • this might help, just base them off of what is in essentials already
    this and this

they;re called mugshots, you can probably find more on the internet somewhere, like DA

Back