• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rate my UU team

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
  • hello everybody. so normally i play in OU but i decided to get into the lower tiers to see if they would work for me. this is the team im working on, feedback is always helpful:

Mew
    item- wise glasses
    nature- timid
    trait- synchronize
    EVs- 200hp/ 100def, sp.def/56 sp.att/ 52spd
    -psyhshock
    -aura sphere
    -nasty plot
    -softboiled

okay so this is my somewhat bulky lead mew. it basicly sets up, recovers away damage and then hits things hard. the speed EVs are to prevent it from being outsped by alot of annoying pokes.

Altaria
    item- leftovers
    nature- impish
    trait- natural cure
    EVs- 196hp/ 116att/ 100def/ 96sp.def
    -dragon dance
    -dragon claw
    -rest
    -sleep talk

an altaria set, not the best probably but there you go. so DD to set up, D-claw for damage after set up, rest to get rid damage, and sleep talk to hit while asleep.

Arcanine
    item- expert belt
    nature- jolly
    trait- intimidate
    EVs- 156hp/ 252att/ 100spd
    -flare blitz
    -thunder fang
    -extremespeed
    -close combat

this is my sweeper set. flare blitz for powerful STAB, T-fang for water pokes, extremespeed to revenge kill, and close combat to hurt stuff.

Rhyperior
    item- expert belt
    nature- careful
    trait- solid rock
    EVs- 156hp/ 200att/ 152sp.def
    -earthquake
    -stone edge
    -rock polish
    -thunderpunch

this rhyperior boosts its speed, hits hard, and whoops guys like no tomorrow.

Roserade
    item- big root
    nature- timid
    trait- natural cure
    EVs- 252hp/ 60sp.att/ 196spd
    -giga drain
    -sludge bomb
    -leech seed
    -substitute

this set is simple, sub, then leech seed then giga drain/sludge bomb.

Raikou
    item- air ballon
    nature- timid
    trait- pressure
    EVs- 156hp/ 252sp.att/ 100 spd
    -thunderbolt
    -aura sphere
    -calm mind
    -substitute

okay so calm mind for set up, sub for protection, T-bolt for STAB, aura sphere for damage.

so tell me what you think of my brand new UU team. im using PO so making any changes isnt hard.

i also want to know if raikou is OU or not, if its not please tell me and suggest replacements.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ideally, a bulky Mew should have max HP and max Defense with a Bold nature to help it set up multiple CMs.

While RestTalk is a perfectly good strategy, Altaria is able to heal itself with Roost, and rid itself of status with Natural Cure, so it's not really needed:
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Heal Bell
    -Roost
    -Perish Song/Toxic/Flamethrower
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure

Use max Attack and max Speed with an Adamant/Jolly on Rhyperior; it really needs both those things to use Rock Polish effectively; a defensive nature doesn't cut it for Speed boosting sets. While ThunderPunch can hit Waters supereffectively, a supereffective unSTABed ThunderPunch does the same amount of damage as a neutral STAB Earthquake/Stone Edge. Use Megahorn instead, so that it can hit Grass Pokemon hard, as well as the occasional Claydol, who resists the QuakeEdge combo thanks to Levitate.

Whimsicott can perform SubSeed better thanks to Prankster:
    -Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute/U-turn
    -Taunt/Stun Spore
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Prankster
    (note: Whimsicott isn't meant to attack; it's meant to support the team through very annoying means)

Timid nature + Aura Sphere is an illegal combo on Raikou. If it has to use Aura Sphere, then it must be Rash, since the event Raikou with that move always has that nature. You're better off with Hidden Power (Ice/Grass) over Aura Sphere if you choose to run Timid. Oh and this EV spread should do wonders: 128 HP/76 Def/52 SAtk/252 Spe. Oh, and Raikou is still UU.

If you really want to use Aura Sphere, use a Choice set:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Aura Sphere/Extrasensory
    Nature: Rash/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
    Years
  • Ideally, a bulky Mew should have max HP and max Defense with a Bold nature to help it set up multiple CMs.

While RestTalk is a perfectly good strategy, Altaria is able to heal itself with Roost, and rid itself of status with Natural Cure, so it's not really needed:
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Heal Bell
    -Roost
    -Perish Song/Toxic/Flamethrower
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Natural Cure

Use max Attack and max Speed with an Adamant/Jolly on Rhyperior; it really needs both those things to use Rock Polish effectively; a defensive nature doesn't cut it for Speed boosting sets. While ThunderPunch can hit Waters supereffectively, a supereffective unSTABed ThunderPunch does the same amount of damage as a neutral STAB Earthquake/Stone Edge. Use Megahorn instead, so that it can hit Grass Pokemon hard, as well as the occasional Claydol, who resists the QuakeEdge combo thanks to Levitate.

Whimsicott can perform SubSeed better thanks to Prankster:
    -Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute/U-turn
    -Taunt/Stun Spore
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Prankster
    (note: Whimsicott isn't meant to attack; it's meant to support the team through very annoying means)

Timid nature + Aura Sphere is an illegal combo on Raikou. If it has to use Aura Sphere, then it must be Rash, since the event Raikou with that move always has that nature. You're better off with Hidden Power (Ice/Grass) over Aura Sphere if you choose to run Timid. Oh and this EV spread should do wonders: 128 HP/76 Def/52 SAtk/252 Spe. Oh, and Raikou is still UU.

If you really want to use Aura Sphere, use a Choice set:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Aura Sphere/Extrasensory
    Nature: Rash/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

raikou isnt OU? well it comes up that way on every server, with my team being OU tier. i think it might be the creators way of screwing with people.

anyway i forgot about megahorn, if id remembered i wouldve used it instead. and i didnt know that timid+aura sphere raikou was illegal, ill change it. as for the whimsicott im really not good at using supporting pokes but ill give the set a try. ill most likely take out mews sp.att EVs for more bulk, but with the set you suggested i really dont see how it could live hard special hits. as for altaria i was going to change the set to something similar to that but at the time i just copy/pasted it from my other forumi post on. and i dont really like speacial altaria, it just nerver has enough power when i use it.

ill also be replacing raikou, any good replacements?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Altaria has 70 in both offenses, and a special Altaria is recommended because Dragon Pulse is slightly more powerful than Dragon Claw. The set I suggested for it is mainly used to support the team, not to attack all-out.

For a Steel Pokemon, you can try Cobalion. Its bulk lets it set up multiple Swords Dances or Calm Minds:
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Iron Head
    -Taunt/Substitute
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Ghost)
    -Substitute/Taunt
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Since some of your team is weak to Ground, you can use a Ground-neutral Steel like Escavalier:
    -Megahorn
    -Iron Head
    -Return
    -Pursuit
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Swarm

Years
  • Since PlatinumDude mentioned you have a Ground weakness going, may I recommend some Flying-type Pokemon or Pokemon with Levitate that may be useful in UU?

Bronzong is a nice wall that can take a lot of hits, it's a good choice for most UU teams.

Try this set if you are thinking of using one:

Relaxed nature
    Light Clay
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense
    - Gyro Ball
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Earthquake / Hypnosis

Togekiss is also a big threat in most UU teams, try this set if you are considering using one:

Timid nature
    Choice Scarf
    Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Trick
    - Fire Blast

Try them out and see which one you like.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
    Years
  • to Hikari10:

i like the togekiss set, so i think ill give it a try.

to PlatinumDude:

thanks for the whimsicott/cobalion sets, ill try them as well.

ill post an update on my lineup after someone else posts something.

Back