• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you indulge in Humblebragging or know someone who does?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Okay, for those not familiar with the term, a humblebrag basically refers to boasting about something & then downplaying it under the guise of humility or self-deprecating humor. You can call it false modesty.

An example: - I'm tired of my two-week long, self-paid Tour of Europe, I really need a vacation.

This is a humblebrag, coz the basic intent here is to draw attention to the fact that you have been on a long vacation & bore all expenses.

So are you a humblebragger? Or have an interesting Humblebrag to share?

Pika Pika :chu:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Its a very common practice here in the Philippines. I might fill an entire thread of with a list of some friends and even cousins who do this.

Last edited:

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I don't humblebrag, but I know a lot of people who are really good at something and pretend they're not when you compliment them so that they appear more modest than they really are.

Years
  • Haha I do this, I feel bad if I speak positively of myself in any way, so I usually follow up with some casual self hate.

Last edited:

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • If I'm going to humblebrag I'll just brag. That being said I don't (usually) have anything to brag about unironically.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    yea I do this a lot tbh. I donnu but I really go out of my way to seek validation and I'll start to second guess myself if I'm not getting enough of it, it's prolly one of my biggest personality weaknesses. I really just need to get over myself lol, but I've tasted the fruit. oh well

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Humblebragging is bad, really, really bad, I never do it, no one should ever do it, its immoral, unethical & should be completely banned!

(beep beep beep beep)

Oh sry, that was the lie detector machine, forgot to switch it off, hehehehe :3c

Pika Pika :chu:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • You know how else humblebrags? Most people who do let's plays on youtube. I'm not even mentioning any of the "mainstream" ones. We all get it. Its hard to play while doing good commentary at the same time. What beefs me really is that there are those who aren't even interesting when they speak yet still play really poorly and humblebrag their way to victoly. Then again, it takes some talent to actually play an interesting game but make it grossly uninteresting.

Last edited:
    Back