• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team to beat my boyfriend. Please give me some feedback.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Ok, my boyfriend keeps saying I have no strategy in pokemon and that he's ''always ahead of me'' thinking he can beat me anytime so we decided to build teams and have a match. I'd like some feedback about my team to see if i'm on the right way to victory lol. I actually made 2 alternate teams so he doesn't know which one i'll pick when we fight, but the types in both teams are pretty similar. I also haven't appointed items to my pokemons yet, so i'd be looking for some suggestions for that ;3

Team 1 :

Tyranitar: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/255 def)
    - Stone edge
    - Earthquake
    - Fire punch
    - Crunch

Swampert: Gentle nature (EV= 255 atk/255 sp def)
    - Aqua tail
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer arm
    - Outrage

Weavile: Naive nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Nightslash
    - Ice punch
    - Poison jab/metal claw
    - Brick break

Luxray: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/ 255 spd)
    - Spark
    - Ice fang
    - Crunch
    - Superpower

Ninetale: Modest nature (EV= 255 sp atk/255 spd)
    - Hypnosis
    - Energy ball
    - Flamethrower
    - Extrasensory

Mismagius: Modest nature (EV= 255 sp atk/~100 sp def/~155 spd)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Magical leaf
    - Shadowball
    - Power gem/psychic

Team 2 :

Aggron: Sassy nature (EV= 255 atk/255 def)
    - Aqua tail
    - Earthquake
    - Iron tail
    - Double-edge/Head smash (I would need to breed a new one for head smash, i'm not sure i'll have the willpower or time lol)

Starmie: Modest nature (EV= 255 sp atk/255 spd)
    - Ice beam
    - Psychic
    - Surf
    - Power gem/signal beam

Scizor: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/~126 def/~126 spd)
    - X-scissor
    - Iron head
    - Wing attack/Brick break
    - Nighslash

Weavile (same as above)

Electivire: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Cross chop
    - Earthquake
    - Ice punch
    - Thunder punch

Flygon: Jolly nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Dragonclaw
    - Fire punch

I don't know the details of his team but I know he has a Dragonite, a Vaporeon, Espeon, Charizard, Crobat and one last pokemon he's not certain of yet. He refuses to leave the first and second generation so it's easy for me to predict the kind of movesets his pokemons would have, and hard for him to predict mine since he's not familiar with the later generations :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ok, my boyfriend keeps saying I have no strategy in pokemon and that he's ''always ahead of me'' thinking he can beat me anytime so we decided to build teams and have a match. I'd like some feedback about my team to see if i'm on the right way to victory lol. I actually made 2 alternate teams so he doesn't know which one i'll pick when we fight, but the types in both teams are pretty similar. I also haven't appointed items to my pokemons yet, so i'd be looking for some suggestions for that ;3

Team 1 :

Tyranitar: Adamant nature (EV= 180 HP/255 atk/76 Spe)
    - Stone edge
    - Earthquake
    - Fire punch
    - Crunch
    Item: Choice Band

Swampert: Relaxed nature (EV= 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf/Roar
    Item: Leftovers

Gentle is a bad nature for Pokemon in general, IMO. It's better as a lead with this set.

Weavile: Naive nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Nightslash
    - Ice punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick break
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Jolly would've been better, but Weavile is still fragile, anyway.

Luxray: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/ 255 spd)
    - Spark
    - Ice fang
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt/Leftovers

Ninetale: Timid nature (EV= 255 sp atk/255 spd)
    - Hypnosis
    - Energy ball
    - Flamethrower
    - Nasty Plot
    Item: Wide Lens/Life Orb

Since Nasty Plot makes up for the Special Attack loss lost from shifting from Modest to Timid, it might be a good option.

Mismagius: Timid nature (EV= 48 HP/208 SAtk/252 Spe)
    - Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadowball
    - Substitute
    Item: Leftovers

Team 2 :

Aggron: Adamant nature (EV= 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe)
    - Aqua tail
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Polish
    - Head smash
    (I would need to breed a new one for head smash, i'm not sure i'll have the willpower or time lol)
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Starmie: Timid nature (EV= 255 sp atk/255 spd)
    - Ice beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Recover

Scizor: Adamant nature (EV= 4 HP/252 atk/252 spd)
    - X-scissor
    - Iron head
    - Wing attack/Brick break
    - Swords Dance
    If this Scizor had Technician, it would've gone with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite.

Weavile (same as above)

Electivire: Adamant nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Cross chop
    - Earthquake
    - Ice punch
    - Thunder punch
    Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Looks good.
    Flygon: Jolly nature (EV= 255 atk/255 spd)
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Dragonclaw
    - Fire punch
    Item: Choice Scarf
    I don't know the details of his team but I know he has a Dragonite, a Vaporeon, Espeon, Charizard, Crobat and one last pokemon he's not certain of yet. He refuses to leave the first and second generation so it's easy for me to predict the kind of movesets his pokemons would have, and hard for him to predict mine since he's not familiar with the later generations :D
    Comments/suggestions in bold. I noticed you didn't have items, so I decided to give you some suggestions for them.

Years
  • i like low kick on weavile better than brick break. it will work against a snorlax, ttar and all those heavy pkmn that are weak to fighting. thats just my opinion. teams look prtty good if yu go with the suggestions above. good luck=]

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • Just one thing. 4EVs give you an extra point in that stat so, make all EVs divisible by 4. There's no difference between 252 EVs and 255, so take those last 4 (6) EVs and put them on HP, Defense or Speed

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
  • Team 1:

Change Weavile's Ice Punch for an Ice Shard. Anything that is OHKO'd by Weavile's Ice Punch, is also OHKO'd by its Ice Shard, and you get the chance to strike first no matter what. Also, I prefer using Low Kick over Brick Break, since almost anything you use Brick Break on, its heavy enough to be damaged as much with Low Kick; but that's just me.
    For a variation, you might want to use Pursuit instead of Night Slash. It won't hit as hard, but you can switch into his Espeon, and Pursuit it's 40 Defense with an 80 power Physical Attack to hell and back again on the switch.

Also, your Luxray could use some HP EVs. Since you are using a Smogon moveset, you might as well use the full thing (40 HP, 252 Atk, 216 Spe).

PlatinumDude already gave you good suggestions for your other pokes, though your Ninetales' EVs could use a little change. Give him/her 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe. Just so you don't waste any EV points.

Team 2:

Got to go to work, I'll edit later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Thank you all for your precious suggestions. I'll try to fix some of the EVs with berries but will have to keep the same natures for all pokemon because I don't have the time to rebreed them and retrain them. I did most of all this during the summer when I had time but now i'm too busy with college to have much free moments to spend on pokemon.
    Also, my boyfriend decided on his last pokemon which will be a Tyranitar. So his team is officially Dragonite, Espeon, Vaporeon, Crobat, Charizard, Tyranitar. I'm guessing I have all his types covered with my teams so I should be alright. He claims he has some strategy to beat me and says he'll use my ''lack of tactical mind'' to his advantage but we'll see. Also, I learned that he has an electric type hidden power on his Vaporeon. Not sure how that can be a threat to me but, oh well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    definitely keep Aggron, or sub out for a Rhydon to counter Charizard. Rhydon kicks Charizard's ass anyday

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    definitely keep Aggron, or sub out for a Rhydon to counter Charizard. Rhydon kicks Charizard's ass anyday

Rhydon = Allright
    Rhperior = Amazing

What im trying to say is why would you use Rhydon while rhyperior is the evolution and higher stats etc.

Back