• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 7 Kanto Game

Should we have a Kanto rebirth?

• OOOH YEAH!

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Nah..

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Yes - however tweak it slightly and change things.

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Kanto was the first region in a Pokemon Game.
    Give it some love guys, we need a new gen rebirth of Kanto!
    Maybe... Magma Red and... Vine Green? Um.... Flame Red and Grass Green?
    Dunno. But I really want a new Kanto game. It has been years (11 technically speaking - yes I just googled that.) And where are Pokemon games on Wii U?

Anyway.. what do you think?

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Welp, the pokemon games are mainly focused on the handhelds (currently the 2/3ds), most
    of the people have those. that's why I guess.

as for the kanto rebirth, no matter how much you would want it, it most likely won't be
    game freak's next release, they do remakes only from time to time.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Welp, the pokemon games are mainly focused on the handhelds (currently the 2/3ds), most
    of the people have those. that's why I guess.

as for the kanto rebirth, no matter how much you would want it, it most likely won't be
    game freak's next release, they do remakes only from time to time.

True, probably wont be getting a Wii U game but it might be nice to get a core series Pokemon game on the Wii U... for a change? Especially that I know alot of people with a Wii U but not a 3DS.

Hmm... Gen 8? Possibly? Then we aren't that close and buched up together.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Kanto again, but for now, if they're going to put-together new remakes, I'd rather like to see them focusing on Sinnoh. Pattern-wise, I believe this would make better sense, because in almost every gen of games, they remake titles that had been released two - three generations back.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I would like to see new Kanto games sometime soon, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. It would make sense for it to happen soon since they just released OR/AS and the first Kanto remakes were released in Gen III alongside the Hoenn games, but I'm not sure if they would do that anytime soon. However, I would be very welcome to it as I love the first generation.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    True, probably wont be getting a Wii U game but it might be nice to get a core series Pokemon game on the Wii U... for a change? Especially that I know alot of people with a Wii U but not a 3DS.

Hmm... Gen 8? Possibly? Then we aren't that close and buched up together.

That's true also. like there were pokemon colloseum and XD Gale of darkness on the GameCube.

And again about the next game, I can't say for sure what it'll be, but a remake of Kanto wouldn't be bad at all, or a Sinnoh one.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm definitely thinking we will be revisiting Kanto in the near future, it's just unpredictable to tell what games they're scheduled to release next. Perhaps we will see Kanto again when the 20th anniversary of Pokemon Red, Blue and Green comes around in 2016?

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Based on how the remakes are going, the next one will be remakes of the Sinnoh games. Look at how they have handled the remakes currently: Gen 1 was remade in Gen 3, then came Gen 2 in Gen 4, then Gen 3 in gen 6. So chances seem more likely the next remake will be in Gen 8 and will be of Gen 4 games

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Actually, I think they're gonna wait until Nintendo releases their next handheld to remake Gen 4. It makes sense when you look at it this way: They waited until the GBA to remake Gen 1 which is two generations ahead of the original Game Boy, the DS for Gen 2 which is two generations ahead of the Game Boy Colour, and the 3DS for Gen 3 which is two generations ahead of the GBA. That's why Gen 5 had no Hoenn remake in the first place. So we can't really predict if it's gonna be Gen 7, Gen 8 or Gen 21.

But, yeah. I voted Nah because the pokémon variation in Gen 1 is terrible, and FR/LG didn't help on it. Also because we've been to Kanto way too many times by now, and it's not the most interesting region in any of the games by a long shot.

Oops, did I just say that out loud?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Kanto has already a remake FireRed/LeafGreen which doesn't have quality standard as HG/SS and ORAS was. Now move on, FR/LG and let D/P/Pt takes the glory of remake this time and hopefully it's better than we though

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • I would love to have a Kanto remake. Of course we already seen it in Gen 4, but we also have seen Sinnoh in gen 4 so I don't see a difference. Or actually I do: Kanto wasn't the main region in HGSS so if it doesn't get a remake it's very unfair for people who like the RBGY/FRLG storyline. Also I haven't been in Kanto myself so I would like to it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Kanto has already a remake FireRed/LeafGreen which doesn't have quality standard as HG/SS and ORAS was. Now move on, FR/LG and let D/P/Pt takes the glory of remake this time and hopefully it's better than we though
    Alright. Kanto could wait till Gen 8 or 9.

Or 10...

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
    Years
  • No.

Kanto has had its opportunity to appear in four games: Red/Blue/Yellow, G/S/C, HG/SS, and FR/LG. Kanto has made more appearances in Pokemon games than any other region to date and while I haven't played R/B/Y myself, I can hazard a pretty good guess that Kanto hasn't really changed since its introduction in those games and has kept roughly the same formula except with maybe a few tweaks here and there.

Please give Kanto a rest. HG/SS is honestly not even that old for those who want to explore Kanto in its latest iteration and I'm not sure what else you can do to make the region even "more" interesting, as it were. What are you going to do? What else are you going to change about Team Rocket? I can see a Kanto remake maybe happening for nostalgic reasons during like a very specific event or a celebration (like the franchise's 20th anniversary next year or so?), but after that, it should really be put to rest for a good long time.

Gen VII should really be an entirely new region, entirely new characters, new "evil" team or whatever, just like Pokemon has continued doing with each and every single generation to date so far. Maybe change up the plotline so its actually more interesting than just you being a one-dimensional 10-year old kid trying to save the world, I dunno. That's just me.

Well, in HGSS the Kanto has been cutter down to half the size it was and lost its original charm, and faced major story line changes and plus, I don't even think they sell the HGSS games anymore.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Kanto with a whole new story rather than a mere Fr/Lg or RGB remake would be a lot better imo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    What Game Freaks should do (and it's my deepest wish since I never played pokemon games prior to the current gen we have) is a complete Pokemon World game where you get to choose a region and you start from there, explore the world and so on. This would of course need a really different story instead of remaking all the regions. But I'm not Game Freak, so I can't decide what will happen next.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    A DPPt remake seems more likely considering we've just had a Gen. 3 remake with ORAS. Not to mention Kanto is still reachable if you play HGSS, which can be done with a 3DS.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Interesting theory...though my question is this: Would you consider the New 3DS as an entirely new, separate console? If each Pokemon game is tied into whatever handheld Nintendo releases next, and ORAS shipped like two months or so before the New 3DS was released, what does that say about any possible remakes tying into the New 3DS, or is that system just not count in the eyes of GF?

Not going to go into the DSi/DSi XL/DS Lite/2DS b/c I don't think those really fall into the same category as the New 3DS.

As someone who owns both a regular 3DS and New 3DS, I can safely say the New 3DS is not much different from the regular 3DS, contrary to popular belief. All it really gets that the normal 3DS can't do is two more shoulder buttons and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, but the DSi had its exclusives too, I'm pretty sure.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I do wonder if they'll do something for the 20th anniversary of Red/Blue next year, but it's also possible that they wait till 25 years as well since that could argubly be more important. And while we can still visit Kanto on the current systems in HG/SS, we can't play through the actual region in it's original form on those systems. I also think that since Kanto is the region that began it all, it deserves the full upscale treatment if you ask me.

Back