• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "My Master..." Battle Chateau?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    People have been through the Battle Chateau of course. Has anyone noticed the two Trainers, the Butler and the Maid, who say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but my Master is forcing me to battle you", and "I shall never reveal my Masters name" after losing (paraphrasing)? I haven't seen anything else in the game linking to a master or the Chateau, and I have no clue who it could be. Perhaps the old man who welcomes you upon becoming a Grand Duchess/Grand Duke? Why is he forcing his servants to battle you? Is this something important?

There's also the odd Robo-Maid, designed to battle... weird.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I honestly think it's more random text than anything. Maybe they'll play on it next game, but as it stands, I really do think it's just random nonsensical speech. Wouldn't put too much effort into trying to figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    It would be random normally, but that there's TWO trainers who say it?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I really don't think there's anything behind those lines.

Although you could look at it like this: While adventuring about, you happened to unknowingly piss off someone with a lot of money/status off, who then sends his/her servants off to defeat you (its like a PG version of someone placing a hit on you).

Or for all we know, its some reference to something only Japanese people would get; they do that occasionally.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    This is weird, I thought people would be a little more curious about this. NPCs are always saying things, but they usually are saying something meaningful that fans like to talk about, especially when they address a person, or place, or thing. Especially when that person or thing is one that hasn't appeared yet. I mean, entire wide-spread theories come about from a single character quote sometimes (e.g. "I tell you what kid, electric Pokemon saved me during the war!").

Oh well. I guess if no one wants to think or talk about these two mysterious servants (three counting the Robo-Maid... who now that I think about it, talked almost like Essentia), I'll just wait for the next game to see if it actually had relevance.

Back