• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Yes. :( A thread :D about B] smiles. D:

What are some of your common emoticons? Do you try not to use them, or are you the type who can't go a single post without them?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • oh gawd. I use way too many of them for my own good. It's not even funny. I feel like if I don't use them, that people take me way too seriously though. They help me express myself better because most people take what I say in different ways if I don't.

However, it also depends on the situation. I usually use them the most if I'm in one of my goofy moods. Though, if it's a time to be serious, then I usually end up not using them at all.

Years
  • I use :3 a lot, it makes it look like I may be plotting something.
    Sometimes it becomes >:3

I feel like I need to use them, or I'll sound 100% serious all the time when I'm only serious about 10% of the time.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • C:, :C, :D, :l, (: (if i'm being sarcastic), and :) are my go-to emoticons. Emojis have replaced all of the others that I regularly use.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't use any unless emojis count.

If they do count then 👀 is probably in a few of my posts.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I use :) :/ :( a lot.

Using XD anymore makes me cringe, despite my insufferable usage of it in the past. Now a good "lol" will suffice, though ironically we used XD in the past because "lol" was cringey. Funny how times change.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I like these particular smileys: :) ^^ c: -_- :( D:

Usually I used smileys when I feel like it, sometimes I tend to use it quite often.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I use
    favicon.png
    a lot.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to use a lot--and I mean a lot of smilies--when I was younger, but then I went through a phase where I got really embarrassed by them and tried to cut them out entirely. Now I just... I dunno. I throw them in if it feels right? They're practically a part of the English language on the internet in the sense that they help convey tone in text so that people know how to read what you're saying. I don't think they're silly at all now.

Anyway, I guess my most commonly used ones are probably... :) :( :/ :\ and uh. Embarrassingly enough, xD is making a comeback for me because over the summer I ended up in a group who still used it unironically and it does kind of convey a different meaning than XD SO RANDOM or lol/lmao. I can't really explain it, but it has a place in my emoticon lexicon again now.

I've also been using :3c a lot lately because I'm often a little shit who likes to taunt and make fun of people......... :3c

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • c: :c :x :P :T :o P: :/ :| :v :3 are my most commonly-used smilies.

Oh, can't forget, ಠ_ಠ as well.

Back