• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Was Anti-Climatic!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • Have you ever been disappointed in Pokemon games? How and why?

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • X and Y's Elite Four were surprisingly easy and it was nowhere nearly as challenging as it should have been.

I couldn't agree more. :(

In fact, I found the entire game far too easy and ended up just sweeping through it, really. I realise X/Y was more or less "testing out the 3D" and I did enjoy a good deal of it, however I find that when the gym leaders and League, as well as the Champion of course, aren't much of a challenge, the game loses a lot of the fun. I was thinking of restarting and doing a Nuzlocke but I love my current team too much to part with them. xD;

Speaking of X/Y, the male player was a major disappointment. :T Plus, facial hair is a big no-no haha...

Last edited:
    Years
  • X and Y's Elite Four were surprisingly easy and it was nowhere nearly as challenging as it should have been.

Whether you use the Exp Share throughout the whole game or not, X and Y's Elite Four will always be easy. It's honestly one of the biggest disappointments in Pokémon.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    That one time I decided to train up a Dragonite in Gen 3 and found out it's not really all that great. That wasn't fun. :c

Years
  • Seeing the Battle Maison in ORAS, which I think is one of the worst battle facilities in the entire series. Even more infuriating is the reason the developers had as to why the Battle Frontier wasn't implemented. Not to mention that the Maison is a direct copy-and-paste from X and Y as well.

Years
  • Hm... One thing I can admit i'm not pleased with in ORAS is that almost none of the higher level trainers have unique movesets, and they're mostly just copy/paste the basic level moves. I mean, an Ace Trainer with a Haxorus that uses Dragon Dance AND Swords Dance...and Dragon Pulse? Heck, why is an Ace Trainer using a Haxorus with Dragon Pulse at all?

I mean, with Victory Road in XY, at least most of the trainers had Pokémon with movesets that were versatile (like that Ice Punch Weavile at the very beginning, and that Veteran with the Alakazam at the very end). ORAS Victory Road just takes the level-up moves for the level they're at and just throws them in there, and that does feel like a downgrade.

pkmin3033

I was bitterly disappointed in Black and White. My expectations for an exciting and fresh start, with an original story that deviated from the standard formula - which was ridiculously hyped up prior to its release - were dashed by the harsh cruel reality of a broken random encounter rate that made just playing the game a chore, a story that was identical to previous versions save for the order the events took place, and a generation of Pokemon which I loathed, barring a couple of exceptions. The sequels fixed most of the mistakes, but Black and White very nearly killed my interest in the franchise. "Disappointed" is an understatement.

Years
  • I'm mainly with those who said Kalos Elite Four in X/Y. I loved their designs and type usage and all, but as they said it's easy to steamroll them even if you don't use the Exp. Share.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Sinnoh Pokédex in Diamond and Pearl. Slow frame rate, particularly in all Gen IV and Gen VI games.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Everything about Team Flare. They had the darkest goal in the whole series (and very nearly achieved it) but they're the most moronic, waste of space team I've ever seen. Lame Pokémon, crappy leaders, terrible outfits...they were just not threatening at all.

And also echoing everyone who said the Elite Four in XY, but I'd add pretty much every single Kalos gym leader in there. They're all pushovers, made doubly so by the fact that they stuck with the godawful "no more than three Pokémon for gym leaders, four Pokémon for Elite Four" standard they set in fifth gen. Not to mention, the Pokémon that they do have just aren't that great - Olympia having a Meowstic as her ace at the seventh gym (when you've been facing your rival's Meowstic the entire game) was laughable, and Wulfric even basically admits you can one-shot his entire team by breathing on them before he even battles you. As if that weren't bad enough, there's only one gym leader that has Pokémon with full sets of four moves - seriously, look it up on Bulbapedia if you don't believe me. The champion was a pushover as well.

Can I also add a quick note to say how absolutely anticlimactic the final showdown with Archer is in GSC and HGSS? He's the interim head of Team Rocket in the absence of Giovanni, you fight through a takeover of the largest freaking city in Johto to get to him, and when you finally face him...you get a team of three Pokémon - two of them being the weak unevolved Houndour and Koffing. Thank God for Drayano ROM hacks that actually fleshed out the Rocket story arc and gave it a proper final showdown.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was slightly disappointed by the games Black 2 and White 2 all-together. When playing, I was expecting them to be more different (even though they're sequels to original Black and White and are connected), but unfortunately, they wound up feeling like a rehash, at least to me.

Back