• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding tips on inheriting certain stats from one parent instead of the other.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Alright, I have been breeding for two days and it's become this infuriating task! I got a 5IV Feebas (missing HP) and a 6IV Ditto (Yes it's 6IV, so don't ask me if I'm sure it's a 6IV Ditto!) and been breeding for it to be missing Attack. Anyway, out of 90 (NINETY) Feebas, only 2 (TWO) have inherited their HP from the Ditto, while all other 88 (EIGHTY EIGHT!) have all inherited their HP from the Feebas, SO is there anything at all I can do? Reverse the order in which they are in Daycare? Take them both out and put them both back in sporadically? Anything? (I can't give them a power item, they're each holding the Destiny Knot or Everstone) Since hackers have picked apart the game to the point of being able to make mods and stuff that someone would have picked apart the coding for breeding to see if there's any little trick to it because after EIGHTY EIGHT pokemon all getting their stupid HP from the stupid Feebas, I'm getting pretty aggravated! Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm afraid there's nothing really you can do other than keep breeding =( There's no coding quirks I'm aware of that you can use to manipulate it into being more likely to get a specific IV spread.

The RNG can be downright evil sometimes. I've had it happen to me too, the game not giving you the IV spread you want for a long time. It gets even more annoying when you're trying to throw abilities/gender/egg moves into the mix on top of IVs.

TEXg715

TEXg
    Years
  • Try the Time machine method. It won't give you exactly what you want but you'll know what IV's you'll get and can decide to scrap the egg or keep it. It's sort of complicated so look up thejustinflynn's video on it on youtube.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Try the Time machine method. It won't give you exactly what you want but you'll know what IV's you'll get and can decide to scrap the egg or keep it. It's sort of complicated so look up thejustinflynn's video on it on youtube.

That method made no sense to me at first cause I didn't understand why you would need to do that. Now I know it is for breeding (explains how I can ask on the trade forum and get a 6iv pokemon with a chain bred move on it and nature within minutes of settling on what I would trade for it.)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My only suggestion would be to keep trying. Usually when you're breeding a 5 IV Pokémon with a 6 IV Ditto, the missing IV in the 5 IV Pokémon is what's carried down, but it's all based on luck. I almost always breed with both parents having 6 IVs and even then I've just been plain unlucky - when you try for combinations such as a specific ability, egg moves, gender, and nature (if you don't already have it with Everstone) then it can really test your patience.

Back