• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team IHaven'tTestedThisYetBecauseOfPO!

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
  • *NOTE! All of these set are custom made, unless I have remembered one from Smogon but can't quite remember I did!*
    At a glance:

Team Buliding Process:

? ? ? ? ?

So, at this moment, I didn't have a clue how to construct a team! I decided that I needed a lead who can have all entry hazards, just as a help. So, I decided on Forretress!

? ? ? ?
    Now that I had my lead, I decided that I needed a Phsyical attacker. So, I went with Daikenki becaues, although he has better Special Attack, he has some great Physical moves, like Aqua Tail, Aerial Ace and Night Slash, so I slotted in Daikenki!

? ? ?
    So, I had my lead and a physical attacker, I thought, "What is another key point to construct a team?", and I thought and thought and then I thought, "A Special Attacker!" and immediatly thought of Porygon-Z. Seeing as it has an immense Special Attack with 252 EVs invested into that stat, he jumped onto the band wagon.

? ?
    Now that I had three key points in my team, I thought, "What else would help?" and then thought of Wish support. I was thinking of using Vaporeon, as it has massive HP and Special Defense, but instead took Blissey. So, she joined the team.

?
    So, I had; my lead, a physical attacker, a special attacker and my Wish support, and thought, "Maybe another Physical attacker could be a big help!" so thought of some fighting types! I was thinking of running Hitmonchan with Fire, Ice, Thunder and Drain/Mach Punch with Iron Fist, but decided on Roopushin. He has massive Attack, and access to Bulk Up, so he climbed aboard.

So, I decided that another Special Attack could be a great help, and had a couple candidates in mind, such as Alakazam and Gengar, but went with Gardevoir. She isn't as powerful as Pory-Z, but her moveset is epic and she will probably be a great help! This is my final line-up, but more changes will be made.

Under the Microscope:

Forretress (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin

I used this set because, with 252 Def and Spd EVs, it might give me time to set up at least two of my hazard and possibly spin of some that have been set up on me!

Daikenki (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    ~ Aqua Jet
    ~ Dragon Tail
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Swords Dance

So, for this set I thought outside of the box. I knew Dragon Tail forced a switch, plus did some damage, and I knew Swords Dance was a +2 for attack, so I gave it both attack to also spam entry hazards damage!

Porygon-Z @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Psychic

Being a brilliant Special Attacker, I thought Porygon-Z would be awesome! So I grabbed it, gave it this set, and seeing as it's Defense is lower than it's Special Defense, Download comes into play brilliantly!

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    ~ Wish
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Toxic

Pretty self-explanatory! Toxic/T-Wave, Seismic Toss and Wish when needed!

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Drain Punch

I put in Roopushin because he has access to Bulk Up and Drain Punch, meaning he can be a deadly beast with a few Bulk Ups! I gave him Stone Edge for extra coverage.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt

I gave her this set to keep a check on her main weaknesses: Dark and Ghost. I have Shadow Ball for Ghost and Signal Beam for Dark!​

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All 3 entry hazards on Forretress is a big no-no. It's too slow to be Jolly. I'd replace it with this:
    -Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Gyro Ball/Payback
    -Earthquake/Explosion
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

The lack of STAB hurts on Porygon-Z. This set is better with a Timid nature:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Tri-Attack
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)

Using BoltBeam alongside Tri Attack works as well.

A Rash nature on Gardevoir hurts its good Special Defense, so it's better with Timid. You can also replace any of its moves (but not Psychic) with Trick to cripple walls with your Choice item.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • *Snipped away*

Under the Microscope:

Forretress (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin​

I used this set because, with 252 Def and Spd EVs, it might give me time to set up at least two of my hazard and possibly spin of some that have been set up on me!

People at Smogon have found that walls with 252 HP wall better than with the EVs you're using. Use the set PlatinumDude recommended. Forretress seems pretty out of place here because this looks like a pretty offensive team and Forretress just slows down the pace, as does Blissey. I'd replace it with something that can set up SR more reliably, say, Gigaiasu, and still keep offensive pressure. Rapid Spin support isn't really needed here, BTW. It's really monly useful when you have something like Salamence on your team.

Daikenki (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    ~ Aqua Jet
    ~ Dragon Tail
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Swords Dance​

So, for this set I thought outside of the box. I knew Dragon Tail forced a switch, plus did some damage, and I knew Swords Dance was a +2 for attack, so I gave it both attack to also spam entry hazards damage!

I'm hoping you also knew that Dragon Tail has negative priority... Anyways, put the 4 Def into HP, EVs in Defense for sweepers are usually there for weakness to SR I think, and Daikenki's neutral to it and probably won't be switching in all the time either. It wants a stronger Water attack like Waterfall over Dragon Tail. You're really not supporting this thing well, to be honest. Bulky waters seriously hinder this, as they do with pretty much the rest of your team. You also need a wallbreaker, as your team hates Natt-Buru and also Skarm-Bliss. As well as Porygon-Z, this can also use Paralysis support to its advantage, since Aqua Jet can be underwhelming at times.

Porygon-Z @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Psychic​

Being a brilliant Special Attacker, I thought Porygon-Z would be awesome! So I grabbed it, gave it this set, and seeing as it's Defense is lower than it's Special Defense, Download comes into play brilliantly!

Use the set PlatinumDude recommended. I noticed your team is very Roobushin weak (Most Roobushins carry Payback, so Gardevoir wouldn't be doing much). This really just adds to this weakness. I'd recommend replacing it with a different special attacker. I've found Rankurusu to work well. It CAN beat Roobushin because Roobushin outspeeds it with Payback (Which doesn't do a lot on the first turn) while Rankurusu can just hit it with Psycho Shock/Psychic. I forgot the exact set, I think it's on the updated threat list.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    ~ Wish
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Toxic​

Pretty self-explanatory! Toxic/T-Wave, Seismic Toss and Wish when needed!

Blissey seriously does not seem to be doing much here. Walls do not support sweepers all that well unless it's for a specific purpose. For example, I had a Burungeru on one of my Gen V teams specifically to cripple physical attackers, particularly Tyranitar, with Will-O-Wisp. Here, Blissey seems to just be spreading status, which is just slowing down momentum. Spreading status isn't a good idea here anyways since you have Toxic Spikes on Forretress...

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Drain Punch​

I put in Roopushin because he has access to Bulk Up and Drain Punch, meaning he can be a deadly beast with a few Bulk Ups! I gave him Stone Edge for extra coverage.

No. This set is way outclassed by the standard Bulk Up user. Firstly, Guts >>>>>>>>>>>Iron Fist. Payback >> Stone Edge, too. Why? Burungeru (Which your team absolutely hates) and Desukan (Which your team hates not as much, but still hates). Drain Punch you can keep, although I've found a set with Mach Punch/Stone Edge/Payback/Bulk Up works well. It's up to you, really. EVs should be 120 HP/252 Atk/136 SpD. If you're using Payback, use 0 Speed IVs with a Brave nature, also.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt​

I gave her this set to keep a check on her main weaknesses: Dark and Ghost. I have Shadow Ball for Ghost and Signal Beam for Dark!

...However, that doesn't mean it works well. Gardevoir finds itself outspeeded and KOed by Choice Scarf Tyranitar and Warubiaru. Not a good thing. Honestly, this is dead weight because you're doing essentially what Roobushin could with Payback. If you want to keep it, Use Trick>Thunderbolt with a Timid nature. If you want to scrap it, I'd recommend getting a wallbreaker, because your team doesn't fare well against Stall teams (Roobushin doesn't even have Payback to counter Burungeru, which makes it worse), especially stall teams with Skarm-Bliss (Which is seldom seen, but probably still works if they have a counter to Salamence). You could use Salamence here, but I'm not sure it can counter bulky waters.

Comments in bold. Use the sets from Smogon, please. Your custom sets aren't doing you too much justice, quite frankly.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Stone Edge is better on Roobushin than Payback. Paybacks nerf frankly makes it suck. Additionally Payback Roob loses to Desukan because it makes your ability Mummy and your Guts will be negated. That and Stone Edge is already doing enough to Burungeru who cant really do much at all to it. Gyarados and other flying foes are really horrible to you otherwise. Evs wise though i agree.

Next NEVER put all entry hazards on one pokemon, it makes it total set up bait and often makes it really hard to get them up. Spread them between 2 Pokemon. Get a lead which is more offensive for a team like this to set your hazards. Deoxys-S, Deoxys-D, Agiruda, Nattorei, Pendorra, Iwaparesu all serve as good pokes for this role.

Id suggest you put Stealth Rock on Blissey with a set of SR/Thunderwave or Toxic/Softboiled/Flamethrower Calm 252 Def / 80 SP.Atk / 176 Sp.Def. This set is optimal in this current metagame as it hits many of Blisseys switch ins (Scizor, Lucario, Doryuuzu, Breloom, Nattorei just the tip of the iceberg) and generally outclassed Seismic Toss. This also allows you to hit sub Gar. Blissey also NEEDS the sp.def more than ever with things like Latios flinging around Draco Meteors and stuff with base 145 sp.att.

Espeon is superior to Gardevoir in every sense of the word. Lati@s too and like everything else including Rankurusu.

You also lack a Spin blocker making your spiking attempts futile. Get a ghost to replace the rather useless P-Z.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I don't see why Daikenki has Dragon Tail, because it is negative priority. I would drop it for Waterfall just to gain a stronger STAB attack.

D_A also talked about getting a secondary spiker, you could replace Daikenki wih said spiker. Ghosts do give you problems, so consider that when picking your secondary hazarder. Kirikizan gets SR, so you could consider that.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I don't see why Daikenki has Dragon Tail, because it is negative priority. I would drop it for Waterfall just to gain a stronger STAB attack.
    You do know that Dragon Tail is like Whirlwind only to damage first before the switch. It helps if you want to scout your opponent's team. But if that wasn't the purpose then I don't know what else.

BTW, I use this Forretress moveset and it works good for me: Stealth Rock, [filler move or Spikes/Toxic Spikes], Rapid Spin, Payback. Also, Focus Sash is kinda redundant on Forretress as Sturdy has just the same purpose. May I suggest Shed Shell as seeing this is a DW team, Shadow Tag Shandera can set up/KO on Forretress.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • You do know that Dragon Tail is like Whirlwind only to damage first before the switch. It helps if you want to scout your opponent's team. But if that wasn't the purpose then I don't know what else.

BTW, I use this Forretress moveset and it works good for me: Stealth Rock, [filler move or Spikes/Toxic Spikes], Rapid Spin, Payback. Also, Focus Sash is kinda redundant on Forretress as Sturdy has just the same purpose. May I suggest Shed Shell as seeing this is a DW team, Shadow Tag Shandera can set up/KO on Forretress.

Yea I know what Dragon Tail does, it just doesn't fit on a Swords Dance set with no bulk put into it besides 1 hitpoint.

Anyways on the spiker point I would pick a Stealth Rock anti-lead and move Forry to somewhere further down on the team. With all of the taunt leads going around Forry won't be setting up much.

Pory-Z can be replaced by the SR lead, as it isn't doing much at all. Some good options for leads that can set up SR are Aerodactyl (the majority of taunter leads that are faster than him/ use Mischevious Heart are smashed by Stone Edge or EQ so don't worry too much about that) or Gigaiasu.

Also I would replace Daikenki with the Ghost (probably Burungeru, Desukan, or Shandera) so that you can block spinners.

Back