• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team OK

Years
  • 445.png

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Double Chop
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

LeadChomp puts fear into people. It causes lots of switches off the bat, basically guaranteeing I get SR up. There really aren't many leads I have any reason to fear with Chomp.

thundurus_v_2_by_xous54-d38w12n.png

Thundurus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mischievous Heart
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Was the Taunt/TWave one, but I decided to change it after Hydreigon went bye-bye. Still has T-Wave which helps deal with Blaziken, but hits hard as crap now. Not the best set, but it still works for what it needs to work for.

Gliscor.jpg

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hardy Nature
    - Fling
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobat
    - Protect

Gliscor helps cover Conkeldurr and Excadrill, which my team had trouble with before.

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail

I noticed after a couple of battles that my team doesn't have much to stop any good Drought teams, so here is my result. CB Tar hits hard and gets rid of sun, making Drought teams useless once their Ninetails is gone. Also doubles as a Psychic counter for Virizion.

Scizor_art_by_Pokemon_Diamond.png

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost

Basically Scizor is here to cover Virizion's main weakness - Psychics. I didn't want to do standard CB Scizor since that's what everybody expects, but I still wanted it to have bulk, so naturally I chose the Bulky SD set.

virizion_v_2_by_pokedex_himori-d37pk30.png

Virizion @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Substitute

This here is what the team was built around. I asked around for something to build a team around and someone said Virizion so I went with it. Not much counters it, and the rest of the team was built with Virizion in mind.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    On Virizion: I'd suggest Energy Ball over Giga Drain. I don't know, even though Giga Drain has that heal part, I still think Energy Ball is still better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    On Virizion: I'd suggest Energy Ball over Giga Drain. I don't know, even though Giga Drain has that heal part, I still think Energy Ball is still better.

Giga Drain is pretty much superior this gen, it only has 5 less base power than Energy Ball and heals you. So im at a loss as to why you'd use Energy Ball when Giga Drain is available.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd suggest Brick Break or Superpower on Scizor over Bug Bite because Heatran 4x resists its STABs.

Where are the 4 leftover HP EVs going to go on Garchomp and Thundurus?

Years
  • @ Zeffy: What DA said. lol

@ Platinum Dude: Tran already outspeeds Scizor so I'd rather just keep Bug Bite for STAB Tech'd power. And I put them in on PO just now, idk why I left them off.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'd suggest Brick Break or Superpower on Scizor over Bug Bite because Heatran 4x resists its STABs.

Where are the 4 leftover HP EVs going to go on Garchomp and Thundurus?

Without Bug Bite, SD Scizor loses a lot of its effectiveness, especially against things that resist Bullet Punch (aka a lot of things). While a Fighting-type move could hit tran and etc, it doesn't really add anything else to Scizor besides that. If you run Superpower or w/e, yank, run it over Roost; otherwise you're making Scizor inferior to like every other stat-upper. :/

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • As I said on the server (and you wanted me to post).

Virizion: Really, truly consider Substitute over Hidden Power Ice. I assume it's there for stuff like Mence or Chomp, but you have other pokemon that handle those threats pretty well (see: Thundurus handles non-scarf variants of Chomp and I'm fairly certain that he can handle the likes of Mence and Dragonite as well with SR; Scizor can deal some). Substitute will prevent any sweep hindering status moves, and offers an easier prediction game. I tried the same set, but with Sub >> HP Ice, and it worked wonders.

Thundurus: Replace with the NP variant when Blaziken is banned I guess. I'd be surprised if Ken doesn't get banned to be honest. The only thing stopping it is ghost switching and protecting (and that's a stretch). I can't see this set doing much for you as your team is already fairly quick and T-Wave support ins't entirely necessary.

Be careful facing Conkeldurr though, I don't see a definitive counter to him, although I don't know how big of a threat he is now (he was on just about every team early B&W).

Everything looks pretty solid overall however. A nice team, and despite being partial sandstorm, it's not based around the sandstorm element like the generic "spam Exadrill and Landorus to win".

EDIT: Which reminds me, what do you have to check Dory Exadrill?

Years
  • Yeah, I'm gonna switch HP Ice for Sub since it isn't doing much really. Thundurus' set will be changed or he'll be dropped once Blaziken's banned, which it better be. Conkeldurr I don't really have anything for. lol. So I'll be changing that. Excadrill I have Hydreigon to Fire Blast/Surf it/Virizion can handle it if Focus blast hits

And it's not really at all a sandstorm team. Chomp usually stays in til he dies, and when Ninetails dies, Tar comes in to save me from the dumb drought.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Yeah, I'm gonna switch HP Ice for Sub since it isn't doing much really. Thundurus' set will be changed or he'll be dropped once Blaziken's banned, which it better be. Conkeldurr I don't really have anything for. lol. So I'll be changing that. Excadrill I have Hydreigon to Fire Blast/Surf it/Virizion can handle it if Focus blast hits

And it's not really at all a sandstorm team. Chomp usually stays in til he dies, and when Ninetails dies, Tar comes in to save me from the dumb drought.

Hydreigon doesn't really handle Excadrill unless it's at 100% and gets in on EQ; and even then a smart player will know X-Scissor doesn't OHKO and will switch out. If you get in on like anything else (I imagine Rock Slide + X-Scissor 2HKOS and +2 X-Scissor OHKOs for sho) the rest of your team is kinda boned. Virizion is a fairly meh check, especially when it's mauled by X-Scissor or Return itself.

Also everyone expects Bulky SD Scizor now. Its ran way more often than CB in my uh matches.

You could try to run Gliscor over perhaps Hydreigon, as all its doing for you really is checking speed which Voltlos does wonderfully for. Plus, things that it cannot twave ie Excadrill and Garchomp are checked easily by scor. It also can probably cover your roob weak too.

Volcarona with Lum (getting more common these days) also looks like a pain in the ass, too. It gets in on half your team (Scizor, Birijion, -2 Hydreigon, Tyranitar locked in on Pursuit or idfk) and then QDs, eats the Voltlos twave and ohkos with sr (too lazy to do calcs but im almost entirely sure it does) and then mauls the rest of your team pretty much. Azumarill can beat it and it also checks Excadrill kinda too. Balloon Terakion might also be worth a look (though if you spot Excadrill on their team, you'll have to be really conservative with the Balloon). Bulk Up Scrafty could also be a prick though that's significantly less common these days.

Back