• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make Your Own Gym 2!

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
  • So I posted this thread a while back, asking people to create their own gyms and got some amazing results, so, after being stagnant for quite some time, I've decided to bring it back! So once again, post your gym ideas down in the replies!

Here's a template if you want it, but ultimately I'm not picky about it.
    Spoiler:

So there you go. Reply with your idea, and feel free to do way better than me.

Name: William

Number: 8th

Type: Ghost

Description: The gym is set in a large, almost Dark Souls-esque cathedral. As such, all of the trainers there would be monks. There would be four bells in the gym that you would have to to make your way to and ring. To ring them, you would have solve a small puzzle (Jigsaw, sliding, strength etc.) Once you ring all four bells, a staircase would come down and take you to me. I would be standing there, reading a book. I would begin reading aloud, possibly telling the backstory of the region's legendary.

Pre-Elite Four Team
    Spoiler:

Post-Elite Four Team
    Spoiler:

Cathedral Badge: An image of an intricate, white bell.

Reward: TM** Destiny Bond (I know it's not a TM)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Name: Ullion

Number: 6th gym

Type: My gym would be an equal split of electric and steel types, with my main Pokemon being a Magneton.

Description of Gym: Upon entry, the challenger will receive a pair of magnetic gloves and a remote control. The gym would be designed with disconnected pathways and platforms with large magnets located on or around them. Each magnet can be rotated by using the remote control to reverse their polarity - effecting their ability to pull or push the challenger. There would be several trainers throughout the gym located on the many platforms.

Team:

Vikavolt (level 38)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Signal Beam/baton pass
    - Silver Wind
    - Thunderbolt/volt switch

Skarmory (level 36)
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Steel Wing

Magneton (level 41)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power (water or grass)

TM Reward: Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon
    Gym Badge: Polarity Badge

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Name: Macc Finn

Number: Fifth Gym Badge

Type: Water Type

Description of Gym:
    The inside of the Gym is covered in a lush muddy tropical jungle. The Gym is built to produce a constant downpour of rain from the ceiling that never stops. The vibrant tropical plants that are growing in the gym have strange low hanging branches that look like umbrellas.
    The Gym at its center has four muddy hills with stairs that are completely covered in slick mud, which while the rain is constantly pouring down on them are incredibly slippery and are impossible to navigate.

In order for the player to navigate their way up the muddy hills within the gym, the player must walk over to one of the tropical plants and cut off a branch using the HM Cut, once the player does they are able to walk a certain number of steps while holding the umbrella leaf over their head in order to walk up the stairs without slipping. However once the player has walked the maximum amount of steps that the leaf can go, the leaf will cave in on the player from all the water it has collected and it will soak the player in water which then forces the player to slip in the mud which will cause the player to fall to the previous platform they were on before. Once the player has slipped down the stairs, a gym trainer walks over to the player, helps them off of the wet ground and then challenges the player to a battle.

The overall goal is to walk up the correct sets of muddy stairs while counting your steps in contrast to the number of steps a player can take with a leaf umbrella before it falls apart in order to climb each hill to get to the top where the Gym leader is.

At the top of the largest muddy hill within the gym, at it's center is a shimmering bright blue pond that appears constantly moving due to the constant downpour of rain. In the middle of the pond is a small island that has tropical plantlife surrounding the island except for the very center which is marked out to be a large muddy pokemon battle field. Macc Finn is standing in the middle waiting for the player while being constantly soaked in rain.

Description of the Gym Leader:
    Macc Finn is a Water type Gym Leader who absolutely loves the Rain. He also loves rare tropical plant life especially rare species of plants that can only survive in constant rain, which he explains is one of the main reasons why his gym is designed to constantly rain. He reveals that his gym is used to house rare tropical plants that can not be found anywhere else within the region. However at his core he loves water, without water and rain his plants would wither and die, and his constant use of Water Pokemon are used to support and care for the plant life. Other than his passion for Water Pokemon and his rare plants, he's really modest and soft spoken.

Macc Finn's first most notable feature is that he is completely drenched from standing in the rain constantly but he appears to not care at all in fact he looks comfortable from being so wet.
    He has short blond hair but some of the tips of his hair are dyed a dark blue, which matches well with his dark blue eyes. He wears a soaking wet blue hoodie with the hood partially covering over the top of his head, the hoodie itself also appears to have a water wave pattern on it. Under his hoodie he wears a simple green tee shirt. He wears regular blue jeans with dark mud stains at the cuffs of the legs, and his black mud boots just push up the muddy cuffs of his pants a little bit.

Team:
    Azumarill; Level: 36, Ability: Huge Power, Item: None
    -Play Rough -Aqua Tail
    -Aqua Ring - Rollout

Ludicolo; Level: 38, Ability: Rain Dish, Iten: None
    -Leech Seed -Fake Out
    -Bubble Beam -Giga Drain

Gastrodon; Level: 40, Ability: Storm Drain, Item: None
    -Water Pulse -Mud Bomb
    -Icy Wind -Protect

Gorebyss; Level 40, Ability: Swift Swim, Item: None
    -Scald -Icy Wind
    -Confusion -Draining Kiss

TM Reward: TM 55: Scald

Gym Badge: The Monsoon Badge. the badge in appearance is a silver colored cloud with three water drop shapes attached to it. The two water drops on the right and the left of the cloud shape are a small size and are light blue in color. The third water drop which is in the middle of the cloud is a darker blue color and is also outlined with a silver color that sparkles in the light.

After Thought: As much fun as I just now had with creating my own gym just now... is it appropriate for me to ask how this topic relates to Alola? I mean haven't we at this point figured out that it is incredibly unlikely that Gyms will be in Alola at all.
    In order to make this sort of Alola related, I went with a tropical theme for my gym...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Name: Theo (from Theobroma cacao, the scientific name of the cacao tree)
    Spoiler:

Number: 7th

Type: Dark

Description of Gym: It's a chocolate shop! In the center of the floor is a counter where customers can buy chocolates, which are placed in display cases throughout the room, or place an order for dessert. There are tables for them to sit near the room's edges and towards the back. There's also another counter at the very back, where Theo waits, preparing customers' orders. Challengers must work their way through, battling various employees--some behind the counter, some delivering desserts, some handing out samples--trying to make their way to the back and to Theo.

Team:
    Sableye Lv46
    Shiftry Lv47
    Malamar Lv47
    Bisharp Lv48

Badge: The Confection Badge
    gcJTb9F.png

TM: TM63 Embargo - "You don't need your own Items when you can just buy some of my chocolate! Ah ha ha!"

ImMrRoboto

Years
  • Name:
    After Thought: As much fun as I just now had with creating my own gym just now... is it appropriate for me to ask how this topic relates to Alola? I mean haven't we at this point figured out that it is incredibly unlikely that Gyms will be in Alola at all.
    In order to make this sort of Alola related, I went with a tropical theme for my gym...

Good Question, this thread is here because the last thread was here. That thread was originally in Pokémon Gaming Central, until it was moved to Sun & Moon. If you want to see it, you can go here

http://http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369270

You can see why it was moved here as well as the fact that the original thread came before we discovered the no-gym thing.

Awesome idea by the way. I really like the leaf umbrellas!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Good Question, this thread is here because the last thread was here. That thread was originally in Pokémon Gaming Central, until it was moved to Sun & Moon. If you want to see it, you can go here

http://http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369270

You can see why it was moved here as well as the fact that the original thread came before we discovered the no-gym thing.

Awesome idea by the way. I really like the leaf umbrellas!

Cool! I like this thread just wanted to make sure you don't get in trouble. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    Name:
    Aleosia
    Gym Type:
    Ghost. It's my favourite type and there have only been two.
    What Number Gym in the Region?:
    8th
    Badge Name and Design:
    The Skull Badge. A plain Skull with purple-bluey eyes.
    Layout of Gym:
    Spoiler:

Gym Leader and Pokemon: You will be faced by Aleosia the Gym Leader (AKA Me). I will have 5 Pokemon and my Pokemon will be early to late fifties (quite challenging)

Spoiler:

TM:Shadow Punch (Not a TM but still)

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Name: Alluria

Number: First gym

Type: Normal

Gym Leader Pokemon:
    1. Minccino L17 - Echoed Voice, Baby-Doll Eyes, Tickle, Mud-Slap
    2. Delcatty L18 - Echoed Voice, Fake Out, Cosmic Power, Disarming Voice
    3. Lopunny L20 - Echoed Voice, Quick Attack, Sweet Kiss, Circle Throw

Badge: Caring Badge

Gym Description: Alluria is the headmaster of a kindergarden. Her gym is at the back of the building, as the front part is used for classrooms. Her gym will be a playroom, heaven for kids! You can play slides, see-saws or house dolls, but the player has to get through ball pools to get to Alluria, and some preschoolers will hide in the ball pools, waiting to challenge you! Alluria is well-known for her caring personality, and willingly to teach stuffs to students in hopes of them could become great Pokemon trainers in future!

p/s: I know that my level choice is high, but if I were to create a game, I'll tend to drag the gym battle until around that level, fill it with storylines first so that it could build up the game until having a high level champion on the first playthrough. Also my gym leaders will have a main occupation whereas the gym leader position is their secondary occupation (gotta earn money for living first, yo), so in this case Alluria is a headmaster first then gym leader comes second.

Years
  • This would be my team if I were a gym leader in Sun and Moon. Though, we still have more pokemon to discover. I am on the fringe of having a grass team; still waiting on the evolutions for Morelull and Bounsweet. Since, the Popplio line is my favorite, I decided to go with water.

Gym Description:

The gym would be a sea cave maze with whirlpools that can transport you to different areas. A rainbow mist would appear as the sun hits shines through the tops of the caves. It would look something like this in a given cave + whirlpools and glistening mist of course.
    Spoiler:

Here is how my team would look at different badge levels. Also the final team can serve as a PWT or Rematch Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    This would be my team if I were a gym leader in Sun and Moon. Though, we still have more pokemon to discover. I am on the fringe of having a grass team; still waiting on the evolutions for Morelull and Bounsweet. Since, the Popplio line is my favorite, I decided to go with water.

Gym Description:

The gym would be a sea cave maze with whirlpools that can transport you to different areas. A rainbow mist would appear as the sun hits shines through the tops of the caves. It would look something like this in a given cave + whirlpools and glistening mist of course.
    Spoiler:

Here is how my team would look at different badge levels. Also the final team can serve as a PWT or Rematch Team:
    Spoiler:

I really like it! I hope so badly that the leaked evolution lines are real. Rowlet as an Archer looks so good

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noa
    Psychic Gym

Noa's Gym consists of five rooms, each one bigger than the last. Each room has a shining purple floor and gray walls, and is only illuminated by a dim light from an unknown source. The puzzle involves moving mirrors around the room to reflect a beam of light into the next door. At that point, the door will shatter and a Trainer will emerge, either a Psychic or Hex Maniac, but an Ace Trainer will instead emerge in the fourth room. Their teams consist of Pokemon from the Gardevoir, Natu, Espurr, Slowpoke, and Inkay lines, depending on how many Badges the challenger already has. The fourth room will have a much larger door that must be hit by two beams instead of one, and when the player walks into the fifth room they will find a much different sight. The room begins with a small staircase, lined with pillars, and Noa waits at the top. The room shines golden, tinted by the sun, and at the back of the room is a sole window; a huge stained-glass depiction of Lunala. When the player reaches the top, Noa will be facing the window, but then turn around and engage with them. Typically, Noa is seen as the seventh Gym Leader, but he will use a team based on how many badges you have, and therefore can be challenged by anyone.

First Badge
    slowpoke.png
    kirlia.png

Second Badge
    slowpoke.png
    kadabra.png
    kirlia.png

Third Badge
    espeon.png
    kadabra.png
    kirlia.png

Fourth Badge
    slowpoke.png
    espeon.png
    kadabra.png
    gallade.png

Fifth Badge
    slowbro.png
    espeon.png
    alakazam.png
    gallade.png

Sixth Badge
    slowbro.png
    meowstic.png
    espeon.png
    alakazam.png
    gallade.png

Seventh Badge
    slowbro.png
    meowstic.png
    espeon.png
    alakazam.png
    Mega-Gallade_ROZA.png

Eighth Badge
    slowbro.png
    delphox.png
    meowstic.png
    espeon.png
    alakazam.png
    Mega-Gallade_ROZA.png

ImMrRoboto

Years
  • Hi there! From looking at this thread, it seems this was moreso made as a general gym creation thread rather than one that was geared towards Alola in particular, so I'll move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you, okay? ^^

Thanks!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Eh, why not.

Number:
    Type: Water/Rain

Team:
    - Politoed
    - Manaphy
    - Tornadus-Therian
    - Swampert-Mega
    - Rotom-Wash
    - Kingdra

Description:
    An unknown island in the middle of the sea that is covered by fog. Actually, that island isn't even covered by fog, but instead there's clouds and it rains constantly. The island itself has a bunch of buildings that imply that it once was an inhabited city. There's also a large building in the center of the island, but it doesn't have an entrance. The only way to get inside is by uncovering the secrets of said island and on top of the big building is going to be the battlefield for the gym badge.

Back