• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

coolest Pokémon cry?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Really simple question, obviously! Every Pokémon has a cry, which one sounds coolest to your ears? Do you have a least favorite? If you could replace one or several, what cry would you want that Pokémon to have instead?

Personally I really like Victini. Obviously I don't remember them all and am not about to go listen to them all, but off the top of my head I remember that Victini's sounds pretty neat. Also, I find that most of the early Pokémon (Gen I/II) have very pixelated and similar cries that are rather boring, while later generations have a lot more unique ones.

EDIT: oooh also I just found this site if you want to test your Pokémon cry memorization

Last edited:
    Years
  • My fave cry has to be Sylveon (or it's at least up there with my faves) because I feel it's so cute and it makes sense when you consider it's an adorable Eeveelution. Another one I somehow accidentally loved was Gothitelle's since it reminds me a lot of the shower scene from Psycho (such a classic, that movie). Shame the cry got butchered in 6th Gen though.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I think my absolute favorite pokemon cry is Spiritomb's cry. I swear every time I hear it sounds to me like it is saying "BOW WOW!", plus the pitch of the cry itself is so strange it sort of even sounds like its a reverb dripping sound.

It's impossible to forget Kriketune's cry, it almost always makes me laugh. "DELELELEWOOP!"
    (I love the fact that the Bug Club has that cry in their title, I laughed so hard the first time I saw it because I immediately recognized which pokemon cry it was. :D)

Milotic has a pretty unforgettable cry, that long majestic moan sound. It's melancholy but very beautiful sounding which I don't think is something I can say about most pokemon cries.

I also really like Gastrodon's cry, that high pitched cry followed by those weird sticky slime sounds. It sounds just as it looks, like a gigantic slug.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Musharna's cry is somewhat loud and intimidating albeit the look. Regice's cry is pretty "cool" into an extent. (Get it?) And then there's Aurorus with it's cry as if it was ready for a Hyper Voice. However, my favorite would go into... Electabuzz.

No seriously, I'm not deaf for liking loud cries. :/

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I love the spectrum in Vivillon's cry. Delphox has a memorable scream too.

I like that Skuntank kind of sounds like a fart. Musharna's cry is fitting too, like a deep space dreamy sound.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Kricketune's is just wonderfully unforgettable. I remember using it when I played through Sinnoh the first time and I fell in love with it simply because of its cry. haha

I also really love Magnezone's cry:
    Spoiler:

Honestly Gen 4 produced most of my favorite cries. One I do still love from the older games is Electabuzz though. I don't why, I just always thought it was fun.

The Oranguru Way

ukulelel
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I, like many others, was in love with Kricketune's cry from the moment I first heard it. I was so ecstatic when I heard it became a meme. And while we're there, I'm also going to give an honorable mention to its younger brother Kricketot, who sounds like a xylophone.

Others include
    Milotic: An ethereal wail of a cry. Beautiful to listen to. It's also the sound of a pain the butt, because does anyone remember Cynthia's milotic?

Mewtwo: The cry still gives me chills. I guess by association, I like Paras's and Parasect's cries too because they're so similar to Mewtwo's.

Porygon2: A chromatic rise and fall thing. I love it! Again, by association, I suppose I like Girafarig's cry too, but it suits Porygon2 better imo.

Jynx: It's the repetition. Makes me want to dance. Also Hypno's.

Manaphy: Sounds like a spirit taking a dive in the river.

Mega Absol: It's just absol with reverb, but who cares? I love it!

And if we consider the anime as well, let's take a moment to appreciate Krabby's, Paras's and Clefairy's cries.

Back