• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Grass (Oct. 4-10)

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2016: Grass (Oct. 4-10)

mgfRcWp.png

5uq07bM.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pok?mon Tournament, hosted here in Pok?mon General! The goal of the Favorite Pok?mon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pok?mon of the users here at the Pok?Community. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pok?mon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pok?mon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as Pok?Community's favorite Pok?mon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pok?mon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pok?mon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Grass-type, check the "Other Pok?mon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until October 10th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I voted...

Celebi, because TIME TRAVEL!
    The Lotad line, because a Lotad had helped me throughout Alpha Sapphire. Also Lombre looks cool.
    The Budew line, again, for same reason as last time.
    The Lileep line. Sea anemone are life.
    Tropius. IT'S A BANANA DINOSAUR.
    The Turtwig line. Yes.
    The Snivy line, due to their awesome designs and nice competitive niche.
    The Cottonee line, especially Whimsicott. I love 'em!
    The Petilil line. I love them too.
    The Ferroseed line. They're great in battle and I love bizarre Pok?mon!
    Virizion. What's not to love about a grass musketeer?
    The Chespin line because of Bulletproof and Spiky Shield.

Also...WHERE IS THE PHANTUMP LINE?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I voted for the Snover line! Snover and Abomasnow are two of my favourite Pokemon. How can you not love them? I've always been fascinated by yetis and I adore Abomasnow for being a 7ft angry yeti. Plus Snover is super cute. I've always liked the typing of grass/ice and I think Snow Warning is a neat ability, even though I've accidentally died to hail damage more times than I can count.

There are a few other grass types I like - namely the Lotad, Turtwig and Cottonee lines but I really like Snover and Abomasnow so they get my vote. Sorry to all the other grass types!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Grass is my favorite type, so bear with me here...

Bulbasaur line.
    Bellsprout line.
    Chikorita line.
    Treecko line.
    Lotad line.
    Turtwig line.
    Leafeon.
    Snivy line.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Pretty good group of Pokemon here but only three lines got my vote:

The Sceptile line - my 2nd favorite starter line
    The Turtwig line - for being awesome
    The Leavanny line (other) - for being the Pokemon line that opened my eyes to the cool Pokemon that the 5th gen offers

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I was actually surprised to realize that I like a lot of Grass pokemon. Many Grass pokemon have wonderful designs and battle in really cool ways.

Vileplume: I listed off Vileplume in the Poison type poll, but after picking it as the only Grass type that I like from generation one, I'm reminded of how incredibly powerful this guy was while playing through Red and Blue. Victreebell is a pretty impressive pokemon, but the power and speed of Vileplume combined with it's attractive giant flower design makes it the most memorable for me.

Jumpluff: Jumpluff was my favorite Grass type pokemon from generation 2 and it was actually very upsetting to me that it was not a very useful pokemon during that particular generation. I have a belief, that at the time of Jumpluff's conception they purposely gave it a not so great move pool (it's stats although not fantastic are still viable when used properly) due to its incredible brand new type combination. Still despite this, it didn't stop me from running a Jumpluff in my first play through of Silver.
    Later on Game Freak gave Jumpluff two huge buffs that make it an incredible battling pokemon. Starting in Generation 3, they introduced "Chlorophyll" to Jumpluff, which allowed Jumpluff to become incredibly fast, however this alone was not enough for it to be competitive, due to a lacking move pool. Generation 4 however gave Jumpluff the final touch it needed, they introduced the one single move to Jumpluff's move pool that makes this pokemon incredible, "Bounce". It may sound strange that a nerfed "Fly" could do so much work for a pokemon like Jumpluff, but it does, and in turn it made Jumpluff into an incredibly frightening "Sunny Day" pokemon which I have used and thoroughly enjoyed. I should also say, the final factor that makes me love Jumpluff is that it is based on my favorite flower, the Dandelion.

Celebi: Celebi quickly became my favorite Legendary pokemon right after Mew. It had an adorable design, it had a mythical background with interesting lore and was explained to be revered as a guardian of the forest, then to top it all off, it is known to travel back and forth through time. I don't use Legendary pokemon for battling, so I have no input on how good this pokemon is competitively (although I recall hearing some negative stuff about it, mostly due to being Psychic type), but the overall design and lore make me really adore this little time traveler.

Ludicolo: This pokemon is pure awesome. I thought this guy was amazing when I found out about it before R/S was released. This pokemon was spoiled to me and I knew that I wanted one on my team and sure enough my very first play through of Sapphire, this guy was on my team the moment I caught him and he stuck with me until the very end. It's design is hilariously awesome, it's vibrant, exciting, energetic, and it is addicted to dancing and partying, just pure awesome. It has probably one of the most amazing type combinations I have ever seen, it is bulky and very hard to kill, it has an absolutely impressive move pool, and seeing it on an opposing team strikes fear into my heart. Ludicolo is an all around incredible pokemon.

Cradily: Cradily is actually what I consider to be more of my favorite Rock pokemon more than being my favorite Grass pokemon. It took me a while before I grew to like Cradily, I didn't really enjoy it until generation 4, I was always attracted to its design but I had no understanding on how to properly battle with it. I understood at the time how to build good wall pokemon, but I had a hard time wanting to use Rock pokemon (which is my second least favorite type) and other than using healing and defensive moves, I was worried that Cradily would be useless without offensive moves. It wasn't until I carefully built one and tried it out with a team that could use it as a proper wall death fodder, that I was finally able to see the amazing utility that this pokemon provides.
    It has the second best best defensive type combination in the game which compliments its stats beautifully. Cradily is an ideal choice for heavy offensive teams that support heavy offensive types, where Cradily fits in as the perfect death fodder to hide behind using the types it has that would be considered useless for sweeping. It fits in best with teams that make it appear to be the odd one out.

Whimsicott: The ultimate Prankster, Whimsicott. Although there are a few other pokemon who have the ability Prankster, Whimsicott is the pokemon that has truly stolen the show with this ability. Even during its short run in generation 5 as a solid grass type, it was highly picked over many other grass types due to it having Prankster and having an incredibly huge selection of five star status moves within its move pool. This pokemon is as frightening to face as it is adorable. Then in generation 6 they decided to make it even more incredibly frightening by giving it the Fairy type, and improving its move pool to be appropriate for the added type, making Whimsicott even more of a terror than it was previously. Whimsicott is just an all around fantastic pokemon that is both adorable and a mighty force to be reckoned with, and I enjoy watching its amazing battle style.

Ferrothorn: I love Ferrothorn for almost the same reasons I enjoy Cradily, however Ferrothorn is different from Cradily in that it uses its incredible survival capabilities to be an offensive pokemon which Cradily is not. Ferrothorn is not Death Fodder, it is itself a brutal killer. I mentioned previously that Cradily has the second best defensive type combination in pokemon, well Ferrothorn is the number one best defensive combination and it definitely shows. On top of the absolutley amazing competitive value Ferrothorn has, I also heavily enjoy its overall design. I call it the "Pokey Watermelon".

Breloom: So I sadly forgot to vote for the "Other" category for Grass type pokemon, because I didn't realize until after I voted that Breloom is not on this list. Which is weird because Breloom is my absolute favorite Grass and Fight type pokemon, I have no idea how it slipped my mind, but it did. Luckily I voted for Breloom as my favorite Fight type pokemon, and all the reasons I love Breloom are in that thread, so I don't think I need to go over it again, but I just feel plain silly for forgetting about it in this thread, until writing this comment.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I didn't realise how few Grass-types there are that I actually like! The only two that really stand out from this line-up are Leafeon and the Cottonee line. I would have voted for Budew line, but I kinda already voted for it in the Favourite Poison-type Tournament. That and I kinda skimmed past it by mistake. ;;

Years
  • I voted early but a "connection was reset" error caused me to be inactive, so I'm now sharing what I voted.

Anyways, I voted for every starter in the poll. But for other options, I mention the Oddish line, Hoppip line, Lotad line, Budew line, Lileep line, Snover line, Leafeon, Shaymin, Skiddo line, and all the 5th Gen ones. Voted mainly based on design and the fact I tend to favour the cute Grass-types.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Aaaaaa how to chooooose :( I'm surprised I was able to show such restraint by limiting the amount of Pokémon I voted for! :O

Oddish line - One of my favourite Pokémon lines. Oddish is adorable <3 Vileplume has a really cool design and I love its basis, and Bellossom is just a gorgeous Pokémon with a super cool design.

Bellsprout line - Again, super cool design. I especially love James' Victreebel from the anime hahaha.

Hoppip line - One of my favourite Pokémon lines - really cute design and quite creative too. Jumpluff was my powerhouse in HGSS, with its Leech Seed + Toxic + Giga Drain + Headbutt combination. Definitely one of my favourite Pokémon of all time.

Lilligant line - Lilligant has a brilliant design and is a beast in battle. I used one in White and it was definitely the hero of my team. Quiver Dance <3

Also voting for a few others that weren't listed on their own:

Paras line - one of the coolest concepts for a Pokémon. Although they're pretty meh in battle, I love their design (particularly that of Parasect).

Tangela - really cool design. I much prefer Tangela over Tangrowth but meh they're both pretty cool I guess.

Cherrim line - omgaahhhhh cutest design ever. I love Cherrim's Sunny form (can't remember its name), so adorable.

Sunflora line - sure, Sunkern may be one of the weakest Pokémon out there, but I adore Sunflora's line. It's just a shame they're so weak lol.

Years
  • Ring the Victreebel, school's in sucka.

Reasons why I pick Victreebell?

1. Acid Spray has no equal amongst the stat reduction moves. It has a Power of 40 and reduces the Special Defense of the target Pokémon by two levels and has an accuracy of 100, so unless you're out of the way or a Steel Type, you're in for trouble.

2. Pitcher Plants are pretty cool and they keep insects away, as well as have the capability to digest amphibians and small rodents.

3. Victreebel is actually pretty fast. With a Speed base of 70, Victreebel easily out paces the vast majority of Grass type Pokémon, which is quite surprising as it has no legs to speak of.

4. Victreebel's cry is pretty cool.

5. Victreebel's dual typing, when it comes to Grass type Pokémon, gives it a huge advantage. With access to some of Poison's handiest moves like Clear Smog, Acid Spray and Sludge Bomb Victreebel can, in combination with its Speed stat, can end battles against other Grass types fairly quickly.

Bonus: Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the Devil!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Asdf this alredy starterd ;-;

HOW DARE YOU NOT INCLUDE ANY OF MY FAVE GRASS- oh wait theres Torterra:D

Years
  • I know there was no proper advertisement for this week's polls, so thank you to those of you who still showed up and voted!

Despite the smaller numbers in the poll, a BIG upset took plass in our Grass type vote. For the first time ever, it was Leafeon that came out victorious from the Grass type Pokemon, earning a spot in the finale alongside Umbreon. Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile, who had won this poll in all 3 previous years, finished runners-up, with Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur rounding out the podium.

Again, thank you to everyone who participated, and be sure to check back in about 12 hours for the next set of polls here in the Favorite Pokemon Tournament!!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Ah so looks like its over. I'm a bit disappointed in Leafeon winning, but I cannot controll the opinions of other people, so I will leave it at that. Now I feel regretful for not voting Sceptile ;-;.

Back