• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Worst Johto Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2021
    Unown, they are pretty pointless as pokemon. Other than that, I kinda hate the baby pokemon I don't hate them individually but I just think they put in too many.

Years
  • Dunsparce, quilfish, and smeargle are among my least favorites. They're all so pathetic!

... granted, smeargle can learn any move possible, but it's still useless in my books.

I'm amazed at how many people on this site aren't aware of how gimmicky and sometimes OP Dunsparce is. it's design and stats are pretty lame, but using the headbutt-glare/bodySlam - Serene grace build, it's quite effective.

But to answer OT im not fond of any of the prevolutions. Pichu was cute and i was interested in having one, but in battle it's near useless.

Also freakin unknown... why... why are they so useless? It seems like there was gonna be some epic point to them (outside the movie) and they really dropped the ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I assume we're talking Pokemon that were released in Gen 2 and excluding Gen 1 Pokemon found in Johto.
    I don't hold my disdain for many Johto designs, I'm neutral to most of them. There's a few I don't like, though!

-Pineco/Forretress. I enjoy how it functions in battle but it's pretty ugly.

-Unown. Its such a terrible addition to Pokemon. I don't know why it has to exist.

-Raikou. Personal least favorite of the legendary beasts. I'm just not a fan of the design, I'm not completely adverse to it.

-Sunkern/Sunflora and Ledyba/Ledian. Honestly, the designs aren't bad. And you might be wondering why I clumped the two families together. It's because I hate them for the same reason: they suck and my brother loves them. He really loves these Pokemon and I feel for him because they are literally a couple of the worst Pokemon stat-wise, and it upsets me knowing that he loves them and they're probably going to stay shitty forever.

Ursaring. I really wish all the cute teddy bears (Pancham, Cubchoo, Teddiursa) got equally cute, or at least cool evolutions. Ursaring offers nothing unique in design or battle.

Years
  • Unknown takes the cake for "worst" but i didnt like:

Qwilfish, corsola, togepi, togetic, delibird, mantine, smeargle, smoochum, hitmontop.

Didn't like swinub line or dunsparce for a while but they grew on me. There are a few more that i'm mostly indifferent to. Neither like nor dislike. cleffa,igglybuff etc...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Every pre-evolution well except Togepi hehe) so Cleffa, Igglybuff, Pichu (meh I like it more then the others but still this is kinda useless I think), Elekid, Magby..

Years
  • Delibird, Unown, Qwilfish, the baby Pokemon...

There are just so many reasons I can label them as bad that it's not even funny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    Oh forgot about Ursaring, yeah, that's probably 2nd worst for me after Unown.

Surprised at the hate for Delibird - I thought that Pokemon was pretty cool.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Looking back at it, Unown should be the worst due to it only learning Hidden Power. At least Sunkern has some better moves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Pokemon, I genuinely believe that the Unown were fully intended to be story related to Suicune. The more intersting aspects to Unown were never used in the final script. But there were hints that Unown would help you track the Legendary Pokemon, which would have been a very great feature. Individually, and strictly as a pokemon that you want to use in battle, their not that great.

But i think there are worst Pokemon. I truly believe any Pokemon can be great if you train them good enough (that said, i dont live Pokemon for their strengths, i like them because of their designs). I find Shuckle to be the worst Pokemon to Be Shuckle, sure its strong, but it has the worst design in my opinion.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Unown
    What are the chances that there would be one for every letter of the alphabet?

Pond

I'm not cute, I'll mess you up.
    Years
  • Dunsparce, definitely. It has an ugly design and it's so useless. And I hated the character in Gates to Infinity. :c

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
    Years
  • Hands down Dunsparce! Poor design. No need to use in game or competitively. Also no evolution to improve. Weak.

Back