• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Professor Juniper

Years
  • BW_Juniper_Intro.png

Every region in Pokemon has a professor, and Unova's resident one is Prof. Aurea Juniper. She was quite a change compared to previous professors, being the first (and so far only) female professor in the Pokemon games. At the start of B/W she gives you and your rivals a present containing the Unova starters, while in B2/W2 she gives the role to her new assistant Bianca to deliver a case containing the starters, which you then choose one of. Her father, Cedric also appeared in the game, usually around Mistralton City.

What did you think of Juniper? What are your thoughts on her being the only female professor? Were you hoping for more backstory about her?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Honestly, I wasn't bothered that there was little to no backstory about her. It seems to me that she got more dialogue in the games than other professors (namely Elm and Rowan.) And she also certainly got more show time in the anime than Elm and Rowan.
    It's hard to say whether I truly liked her or not, as she (along with the other professors,) don't seem to show too much personality. I could say she was an amiable, intelligent person, but that would apply to many adults in the Pokemon series.
    I like her design, and she's not particularly unlikable, so I suppose I do like her.

My thoughts on her being the only female professor? Well, I do enjoy the decision of creating a female professor, and I would be happy if they decided to include more, but I'd take a professor (or any character in the Pokemon game,) with a more complex character, regardless of their gender, any day.

I would say the only professor I prefer over her is Sycamore because I think he's hot, I'm pretty neutral towards the others. (:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, her being female doesn't change the fact that she's a pretty kind and mature professor! There's honestly not much to say about her except the fact that she really does have it all together, and she's genuinely concerned about the main character's well being on their journey.

Her being the only female professor? I'm glad that they're trying out new character ideas, and Juniper is pretty cool as a female professor! Maybe this can set the tone for the future professors; Juniper and Sycamore paving the path to what ideals and personality the future professors can be like and all.

Backstory, well, sure I'd like to learn more about her, but to be fair, we really don't know much about the other professor's back story too, well, maybe except for like Professor Oak? Somewhat Birch and Rowan? But yeah.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was disappointed in her as a professor, especially with her being the first female professor. There was really nothing extraordinary about her at all except for her association with the Dream World, but even then Fennel took that limelight.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    To this day I still think of her by her Japanese name -- Araragi was so memorable when she was first introduced. And I've always liked how she was more active in the various stories, actually moving through multiple cities and traveling to different places just like you do. It made her seem like the most realistic professor in the series.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    BW_Juniper_Intro.png

Every region in Pokemon has a professor, and Unova's resident one is Prof. Aurea Juniper. She was quite a change compared to previous professors, being the first (and so far only) female professor in the Pokemon games. At the start of B/W she gives you and your rivals a present containing the Unova starters, while in B2/W2 she gives the role to her new assistant Bianca to deliver a case containing the starters, which you then choose one of. Her father, Cedric also appeared in the game, usually around Mistralton City.

What did you think of Juniper? What are your thoughts on her being the only female professor? Were you hoping for more backstory about her?
    Well I like having more female professors. Don't get me wrong, male professors like professor oak are great and there is a lot of nostalgia there, though we do live in a modern world, and it's always fun to diversify the status quou, test out new experiences.

Years
  • Honestly i think Professor Juniper is very kind and helpful like all other professors maybe a bit more since black & white (1&2) is the latest game before gen 6 well about a back story i'm not sure without creating depression to Juniper's fans but i think all of these professors are the key to have great fun and great team when you play pokemon. I found them very helpful when you start the game and especially if the mechanics are new then it's great to have a guidance. Well maybe if pokemon gets a gen 7 will put another female professor there but i honestly liked the change from gen 1,2,3 and 4 to 5 and one of the many reasons was Juniper :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Aurea Juniper's my favorite Professor so far! The first female professor thing isn't the attraction. It's her consistent interactions with the player that makes her the best professor! I love her laid back and supportive personality as well. (8

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I like the fact that Professor Juniper was more involved in the player's journey than the other professors. It was also a great change that they made her a female professor. A generation before we had the first female champion, so I'm hoping there'll be more important females in the storyline apart from players and rivals... maybe a female evil team leader?

Years
  • Yup being the first female professor and a very awesome one is soooo cool. In game she helps and makes appearance for hero many time. Same thing u can say for anime. Yeah it is good if she has some back story.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Juniper's alright, perhaps there could be some backstory for her.

Having a female professor is a pretty good variety too and I really liked the phone calls with her.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Juniper has definitely been one of my favorite professors. Like most people, i enjoyed how uch interaction she had the charcter, it actually gave her some importance rather than the typical give a starter Pokemon and Pokedex and send you on your way. It was also cool that we got to meet her father. Got a chance to see where some of her roots were and why she became a professor.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    I have a very big problem with aurea juniper as she is just a pretty face for her dad cedric juniper to goat young unsuspecting trainers to help out in her dad's research.

If the pokedex was really being filled for aurea juniper's sake it would be filled with the historical interactions of pokemon and humans and how civilization grew out of that instead of of the habitat list and the movement of pokemon which is her dads research topic.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • It was good that they finally decided to put a female professor in. She was a good professor. Sure, not anything too amazing, but at least better than Sycamore... I don´t really care about the professors´ backstories. They´re professor and that´s it. I don´t think we need more.

Back