• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anthea and Concordia

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ok so in 5th gen we have N who is alittle bit troubled in his mind with some inner conflicts with his ideals and truths as we all should know.

But who was helping him all along and who else was part of Ghestsis evil plot? Well these 2 girls have been there for N all the way and although their appearance is short (restricted to end part of N's castle and intro) their role in his life and some of team plasma is quite large!

They also share the same bracelet in the anime as N does coincidence? Haha and what is the mystery behind it? So feel free to discuss the 2 of them did you actually notice them as something special in the games? Did you notice them in the intro and who else spotted how in the intro Concordias hair is blue but her sprites hair is a whitish blonde color?

Also a little deeper meaning here but their names have some significance:
"Anthea's name is the Latin word for "Formerly", while Concordia's is the Latin word for "Harmony"."

Also if you are unsure who i am talking about maybe these images will jog your memory :p
apgyme.png

2wndbo1.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I noticed them. I really wish they had bigger roles in the games. They sort of just were there. I love their designs and really believe they could have been useful characters for the story. I wish you could at least battle them. Double battle? That would be pretty awesome.

Heres to hoping they get a bigger role in the Unova remakes in the far future.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I noticed them because the game seemed to point them out a little bit, but I never saw the point of them. They were literally just there and they didn't have much to offer. I really wish they had more of a role in the storyline, but as they were they didn't add or contribute to my experience playing the games.

Nakala Pri

Holy wow I love their designs! 8D I was so annoyed that they get less screen time then Tenten. >:( And THAT is saying something.

I thought that they'd have a heaps special part where they explain why N is like that or they'd give you clues to where the Seven Sages are or they AT LEAST battled you with two legendaries or something, maybe ones with conflicting meanings. (Concordia ftw!)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
If not for the anime I would have no idea who these people are lol. Seeing as how important they are to N, you'd think they would have played a bigger role in the games rather than just standing around. Like a double battle against them before you battle N in Black/White would have been neat.

I don't remember them at all from B/W, but I remember talking to them in Driftveil City in B2/W2 (although I had no idea who they were).

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Honestly I thought they had the coolest designs going for them in that game and they got such a small part that it was depressing. I feel like a lot of potential was missed there. I think they would of redeemed b/w a bit for me if they were more actively in the story as they seemed very interesting.

Years
They didn't make much of an appearance, but they had nice appearances and dialogue that shed a bit of what N's character was about. In the original BW they made us think that N was brought into the world from Ghetsis and lived his whole life in isolation, but in B2W2 they tell us about how he was adopted. They really could have been done better though, because if they had knowledge on N's behalf then they could have done something better with them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I wish they had a more pertinent role in the main story line. Even in the anime they are somewhat mysterious and now having passed Gen V quite substantially, I'm sure there might not be further clarification about who they are/where they came from etc. It's a shame because they seem to be really interesting characters.

Years
Like the others said, they never had that significant of a role in the story at all and were limited to pretty much just near the point you do the final battle with N. No wonder why so many labelled Anthea and Concordia as forgettable.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
They were gorgeous! I just wished we've seen more of them...

But yeah, they were the minors of minor characters - didn't stand out too much. x:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
They need more spotlight obviously, but for some unknown reasons they are more minor than minor characters.

They could have been stars for post-game stories, imo. Like an arc covering Anthea and Concordia's soul-searching through the post-game locations in Unova?

Wasted potentials, again. :(

Last edited:
Back