• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Memory Link

Years
  • A_Triple_Team_flashback.png
    N_Darmanitan_encounter.png

The Memory Link is a special feature in Black 2 & White 2 that allowed you to link up with a copy of the original Black & White to unlock new secrets in the game. These included flashback cutscenes showing what happened in the time between BW and B2W2, the ability to catch N's Pokemon, and also a special one-off battle against both Cheren and Bianca using their team from the original games.

Did you enjoy the Memory Link, and did you use it in your game?
    What was your fave unlockable from the Memory Link?
    Would you ever like to see a similar feature in a future game?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love the addition of Memory Link! It makes the plot interesting. It would be great if they introduced this to HGSS (for FRLG).

My favorite one would be battling the rivals of Hilda and Hilbert. It really put a smile on my face! And yes, if they were to do a sequel or even a prequel in the future, I would love to see this feature to return.

Years
  • I never used the Memory Link, because my brother doesn't like me hoarding his DS (despite not using it anymore) but aside from that, my fave feature of it was definitely the flashbacks because they at least reveal a lot of plot holes, like the Striaton triplets giving up their Gym and Iris becoming the Champion.

As for if I want to see a similar feature return, definitely if Unova got a prequel or even in another new region's games in the future.

Back