• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acting on impulse

Sirfetch’d

This can be for anything whether it be buying something in the heat of the moment or waking up one day and deciding that you are going skydiving. How impulsive are you? Do you tend to do things out of the blue? Are you a BAD impulse buyer like myself?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I try my best not to act on impulse. If I do something, it's generally because I thought it out and decided it was worth it. Buying stuff is always very tricky for me, since the only thing I buy is groceries, and I never get anything for myself. Before I take something to the checkout counter, I have to consider long and hard how this will affect me in the long run and if I really need it. My roommate is actually trying to get me to buy more things just for me, haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Sometimes I say things impulsively but I generally think way too much before I act before buying something so I would say no. Occasionally, I'll be impulsive with smaller things but we all are so still a no from me :P

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Oh god, I have maaajor problems with impulse control. I can't shut my mouth 90% of the time, so I've gotten in quite a bit of trouble at school because of it. I don't think it's such a problem myself, but some people take it very seriously. I'll also do random things upon a whim, which sometimes screws me over.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I can say some things on impulse but I rarely do impulsive things like shopping etc. I'm too cautious just in case I regret doing what I did. That doesn't mean I'm not spontaneous though, if anything I love going on random adventures.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yeah, I tend not to act on impulse much, especially when it comes to things like money.

Being old sensible sucks :(

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • As capable of spontaneity as I can be, I do usually manage to keep a pretty tight lid on it.

Do I splurge sometimes when I shouldn't? Perhaps. Do I sometimes blurt stupid things? Sometimes. Does that make me a bad person? No, it doesn't.

Sometimes the time is right to do something for the sake of doing it.

Sir Codin

No, I don't really do things without thinking ahead.

The Transcendent Order (aka Ciphers) in the Planescape campaign setting build their entire philosophy around the idea that enlightenment comes from action based on pure instinct, not thought.

Unsurprisingly, PC Ciphers tend to die first.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm kind of bad for this in some regards, but for the most part I have pretty good self-control. I'm usually bad with impulse buying (if I have the spending money for it, so... maybe not completely?) and I'm actually a bit of an impulse eater, I think lol.

Years
  • Impulsive levels are through the ROOF! Skyrocketing pass the clouds, and transcending into space. -_-

I'm impulsive in almost every aspect, I have no control over my feelings what so ever which is why I keep to myself. I don't know how to think " Logically " prior to acting. Restraint is something I lack and will be something I will lack until I die because I have no intent nor the desire to change that about myself. Although it gets me into trouble at times it also can be a prevention to a lot of potential disasters as well.

I don't shop much to be an impulsive or compulsive buyer of anything except the " Essentials ".

pkmin3033

I'm not even remotely impulsive. Almost everything I do is meticulously planned...even my impulse buying is given a ridiculous amount of thought beforehand, because I'll hover over it and try to decide whether or not I really want/need it before I get it if I didn't intend to get it before seeing it.

I often come to regret impulsive decisions, and regretting something that happened in the past is one of the biggest wastes of my time I can think of. If I'm going to do it, I want to be sure I actually want/need to do it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I impulsively bought a $50 game the other day. I happily returned it and am awaiting my refund. *checks*

Still not there. Anyway, sometimes I act impulsively. It's usually when I'm off my meds. I should check that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not impulsive, but not a meticulous planner either. I feel like everything I do is just logical thinking and knowing myself pretty well. I know what I want/what I want to do, but at the same time I know if it's a good decision or not to get it/do it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I usually always respond to minor whims and impulses that I get throughout the day. I can't think of any concrete examples of what I mean. But for things that are pretty important to me, like finances, I usually do my best to think them through before I make them, which is something I've been improving on since I first started earning money. Still, there's room for improvement there. But if I feel like doing something and it won't hurt anybody, or my wallet, then I'll most likely respond to the urge. I like spontaneity. Makes my otherwise ordinary life less boring.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I'm pretty frugal by nature and pretty impulsive by nature. Thankfully my frugality wins the direct battle between itself and my impulsiveness.

Outside of that, if an idea that won't cause anyone any harm finds its way into my head, I'll usually roll with it and worry about the outcome later.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I'm normally pretty good. I've bought games before that really sucked for $60 before but I haven't done that in a long time and I always wait until the price drops (Bought Fantasy Life on impulse because my good friend on here told me about it and I don't regret it) to buy something now. With the prices of DRM-Free games on GOG (I love the games they got and I feel that the free games they often give me are worth telling you about them) I've been known to make split second purchases for a $3 game, and if I don't particularly enjoy that game I just look at it like it is: $3. Impulse can get lots of people in trouble, and sometimes even me. But I am better at it now than I was before.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I always think things through to the smallest detail no matter what it is so nah. I often over think, but I rather do that than to buy/do something I really didn't want to from a lack of planning.

Back