• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OP SWAMPERT APPROACHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    NINTENDO MY WALLET IS READY!

Recently it has been revealed that in the next set, Primal clash, there will be new "logic cards" with special additional abilities.

One of them has been a card that absolutely favours swampert
    xy5-swampert.jpg

Swampert - Water - HP140
    Stage 2 - Evolves from Marshtomp
    α Growth: When you attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokemon (except with an attack, Ability, or Trainer card), you may attach 2 Energy cards.

Ability: Diving Search
    Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for any 1 card. Shuffle your deck, then place that card on top of your deck.

[C][C][C] Hydro Pump: 40+ damage. Does 30 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to Swampert.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 3

Think of it: 2, maybe 3 energy card attachments per turn, only gives one prize, Its ability allows it to find a card every turn, and with the help of this new card:
    acro-bike.png

(draw two cards, discard 1)

And most of all, its attack 1HKOs any non mega for 5 water energy

This card is most likely gonna be TURBO EXPENSIVE when it comes out... :/
    And if a make up for level ball is released too, we're doomed

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Idk about the draw 2 discard 1 for this particular deck. I also cant decide what you would play with that pokemon. Though you also have to remember that Seismitoad does still exist. So 2 step pokemon are still hard to get in. But once you do i imagine it could be pretty decent.

That card is probably going to be a support pokemon with its ability rather than an actual attacker. If they come out with a good basic water pokemon to go with this card that is something that requires 1 or 2 energy to attack and do decent damage, it might be okay. Though miltank is another option for this deck. The deck itself would be more tech then deck though. Since you can grab anything.

KennethXEcker

Consistently Average TCG Player Since '08
    Years
  • I absolutely love this Swampert. Perhaps it could pair with Primal Kyogre EX or Keldeo EX to make a water deck that doesn't revolve around Blastoise.

I do like the idea of Miltank FLF with Swampert too. I would never play a Stage 2 deck without at least a single Miltank.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • It does look like a good card with potential but I feel like it being a stage 2 will hold it back. Aside from being able to set up your draw it is pretty much like Blastoise.

The art looks cool though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    A self blastoise.

Either way can you imagine how good it would be to have multiple on the bench, after you get it, you dont need any draw cards. Just pull what you want 1-4 times per turn. Once you get one out, 2 turns later you probably have 2 at the least, then 3 or all 4. 4 skyla, computer search, 4 rare candy just so you can get the first one out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I feel a little nostalgia from this thinking of how Base Set Blastoise had its Rain Dance. Though this is a much weaker version of Rain Dance, it's still pretty impressive. Not too sure how long it will last, though. If someone sees that there's no way they're just going to idly let it chill there gaining more Water energy. Talk about that Rare Candy need, tho.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Draw 2 discard 1 does not pair well with this ability at all, IMO. Just a simple set of Energy Search type cards would be the best match, really.

I meant for its other ability so you could get any card you want without the risk of being N'd next turn.

Anyways, I guess bicycle or roller skates would still be handy as well.

Best thing is, this ability applies with special energy too!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Maybe people will use it more than genesect in the world championships...

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2015
    Why not just run Tasting Slurpuff? Bring whatever card you want up with Diving Search, and then Draw that card. Done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back