• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attention Seeker

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Do you go out of your way to find attention? How often do you do it if you do do it? Have you ever been called an attention ♥♥♥♥♥? Have you ever called anyone else out on being an attention ♥♥♥♥♥?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Not really. Back in my first days online, I use to thrive on attention. Nowadays, I keep to myself and don;t ask for much attention anymore. It tends to make me sort of nervous. I have had an ex-friend of mine who had become a HUGE attention ♥♥♥♥♥. We had these fake friends, and she still believes they are real. Well, she would always start whining and crying over how horrid or life is. She would ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan over everything just to get their attention. Yet, when I tried to pull a stunt like that, they'd just give me the cold shoulder. It just wasn't fair. However, I ditched them and decided to become a loner.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • No. Sometimes I get unnecessary attention, which I don't mind.

& Yes. I have called out a ton of people on being attention ♥♥♥♥♥s, and it won't be my last time.

Years
    • Seen today
    I always have a huge problem with people who criticize others for attention seeking. It's like, are you a robot or something? We all want attention in our lives, and if someone has to go out of their get it then you should probably realize that they are more than likely missing it from a very critical part of their life, like their family or friends. And here you are judging them and making them probably feel like even more ♥♥♥♥ about themselves. Way to go you're a cool guy.

Years
  • Yeah but not everybody has an unlimited bucket of pity. Sometimes we throw annoyance at them instead.

Years
    • Seen today
    There's a difference between annoyance, which is understandable, and shaming.

Years
  • I used to be very attention seeking, but I grew out of it. I don't really see attention seeking as a big deal. I mean, it's very understandable. Being given attention is part of our basic social needs.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • For me it's about the way people seek attention. If they're doing it through positive means like drawing attention to their accomplishments or even bragging/boasting, then fine. But if they're doing it by throwing tantrums I really have no interest.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I don't like attention seeking but attention has been on me in the past. In high school all I had to do was walk into a room filled with classmates and they'd just shout my nickname, that I hate, in some terrible American accent. I've called many people out for attention seeking. Like them garden tools who go and put pictures on social networking sights saying how ugly and horrible they look in it and then get all pissed with anybody who agrees with them. like wtf? Also this girl that liked everybody in my group but me and still ♥♥♥♥ing hates me 'lost her memory by having an injection and then throwing up.' I remember her coming up to me and she slipped up and said 'sam, who are you?' so I called her out, obviously. That girl craves damn attention,

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I usually try to avoid all attention, but there are some things that give me attention that I enjoy. I really like to dress nice and I love when friends/strangers make nice comments on my style. I'm not going to lie I also love attention from men, but I never do anything to get it besides dress nicely. Sometimes other people try to make me feel bad for enjoying attention from men, but I went 18 years of being gross with no attention from anyone so let me enjoy my moment xo

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    A lot of positive attention makes me uncomfortable but good uncomfortable, if you know what I mean. Just like the rest of the world (you're lying if you say this isn't true), I crave attention, but I don't want to draw it to myself. I want others to notice that I have something that deserves attention and give it to me.

Years
  • In my younger days I thirsted for attention, but in my later years I've learned how useless it really is in most situations, especially the ones that I longed it for earlier in my life. However, when I do something well, like an accomplishment, achievement, or something of the sort, I don't hesitate to send a tweet out, or post a picture of my trophy or whatever it is, and show it off. That's about all that I consciously do, anyway, but my inhumanly good looks do get me some unwanted attention. I can't help it!! :[

Sirfetch’d

There is nothing wrong with attention seeking imo. Honestly I've done it a lot in the past even here and usually it's just because I may be feeling down and want people to talk/relate to me. I don't think its selfish at all if it's not something thats made a huge deal out of. That said, when I see others seeking attention it can be a bit annoying depending on the situation(such as when people make a mountain out of a molehill) but overall I see no issue with it.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    For basically everything Arago said, I see nothing wrong with attention seeking. Personally, I don't go out of my way for it, but I don't judge those who do, either.

I'm not going to lie I also love attention from men, but I never do anything to get it besides dress nicely. Sometimes other people try to make me feel bad for enjoying attention from men, but I went 18 years of being gross with no attention from anyone so let me enjoy my moment xo

This, sort of. I wouldn't say I was gross, per se.. eh, maybe. I did dress horribly baggy, or I'd just ignore people altogether, for a good 15 years or so. Was never really comfortable in my own skin.
    But like you said, I never go out of my way for it, I just dress nicely and take better care of myself now.. but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it when it happens~ <3

On a similar note, it always makes my entire ♥♥♥♥ing week when a pretty lady stops me and asks me where I got my shoes/skirt/blouse/dress/etc. Always. :3

Years
  • I've never been an attention seeker. Rather, I'd like to deflect any attention that comes my way to someone else if possible. It's just not in my nature or comfort zone to be the center of attention, and whenever it happens, it makes me uncomfortable.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I enjoy attention as much as everyone else, but sometimes excessive attention makes me uncomfortable. As such, I really don't seek out that much attention, especially when around people I don't know very well.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I don't go out of my way (well, usually, it might happen at points lol), but I would be lying if I said I didn't like attention. And, thankfully, I'm usually associated with good things, so yea.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I really don't enjoy attention, because I don't want to make a full of myself with my constant stuttering or my intrusive thoughts kicking in, showing me cursing at the audience.

Back