• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Distortion world

Years
198px-Distortion_World.png

Distortion world is a place in an alternate dimension where Giratina resides.

Did you like it? Was the puzzle easy for you?

As soon as I put my foot in, it became my favorite Pokemon location. I loves the music, place, I loved everything. Vanishing rocks and "trees", and not to mention the absolute awesomeness that is the waterfall.

It was also really fun seeing the Lake trio flying around, and Cynthia and Cyrus trying to find Giratina in the same time as you did. It was probably (one of, if not) the most realistic event I've experienced in Pokemon games. The puzzle itself was pretty easy too. Anyway, I am planning to go back to it every now and then. Would be cool if we could have left Giratina and the lake trio there lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The Distortion World is a pretty cool place. The puzzle itself isn't that hard, and I liked how there werent any wild Pokemon there to bother you as you made your way through it. That would have been a pain lol. It's also one of my favorite Pokemon locations and its so visually appealing n_n

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Loved this place. It was unique, creepy, and challenging! Challenging both in the navigation of the place but also Cyrus. He was pretty tough to break. Loved the extra story elements like Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf helping you out, and Cynthia's involvement. Love it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
This particular area still stands as one of my favorite areas to be conceived in a Pokémon game so far if not my absolute favorite.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I loved it. It was by far one of the most dark areas in any pokemon game. For that, it was amazing. Plus it wasn't easy to navigate. xD I had so many issues with that. But having Cynthia there to help along with the Lake trio was pretty awesome. And Cyrus was cool in his crazy way.

I also loved the scenery and how things would vanish and reappear. If that was in 3D, it would look pretty awesome imo.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I liked being able to go to Distortion World. Even though the puzzle there seems to be complicated, when I try to solve it, it just fit into place. Also, I liked the moment when I ride on the waterfall, the gravity-defying stuffs are looking gorgeous there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I appreciated them introducing such a place into Pokémon.

We've never explored anything like Distortion World before, which is in many of our eyes, one thing that had made it so special. Along with this, the place had generally raised emphasis of Giratina as well, in a way, since it's the one controlling and whatnot. Similarly, it had also helped making Platinum version stand out more from Diamond and Pearl.

Though, only thing I found myself disliking about Distortion World is… lack of events post-game. We could indeed go back into the place after defeating Pokémon League, but when we do, only thing we would find there is Lustrous Orb (have I gotten its name right?), which changes Giratina's form. Aside from that, I don't believe there is anything else. Would have been nice if there were!

Years
The Distortion World is one of those locations that just felt awkward to traverse through the first few times I played through the game, and it still is to an extent today, but it was a cool designed area. It was at least nice being able to run on walls that were gravitated.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
It's a neat place, lots of neat camera manipulation and beautiful visuals, although the background was a little nauseating; could've used some clouds

Shame post-game it shrinks; I'd have liked to be able to traverse the waterfall again (although it looked really weird)

Hushimine Rage

Pkmn Trainer Rage
Years
This place was so, so, so, Annoying. Especially in the place where you have to throw down rocks. I was about finished when I finally figured it out.
Even so, I actually like the place. I think it's the most creative map, The puzzle was maximum hard, but you know it'll be worth it, cuz you're about to catch Satan Pokemon himself (and finish of Team Galactic's messed up boss.) Yeah, isn't Cyrus a bit weird.. It's kinda creepy when you think: "Is Cyrus still in the Distorting world?" Ugh....

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I loved the Distortion World. It was challenging, it had a beautiful atmosphere, and the music in it was really good in my opinion. The idea of it, too...a world where physics don't exist. It all combined together for quite the "wow", for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
The Distortion World is one of the Pokemon locations that I like the most. Liked the fact that was free from wild Pokemons except for Giratina (in fact this was a world where only Giartina could live if I don' t mistake) and my favorite point of the location, was the waterfall. For the puzzles, for what I remember, I didn't find them difficult and yet I found them enjoyable...

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
The Distortion world is my DOMAIN. I love as as it is Giratina's hometown - he is my favorite legendary, and the only one I never caught. I totally didn't use my Master Ball on a Tentacruel which I totally didn't release later thinking it would give me back the ball

But seriously, the puzzle was fun. The part where gravity goes all bonkers and you surf on a wall is my favorite :D The distortion world is probably one of the reasons Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game to date :)

Years
The Disortion World is a pretty unique area in Pokemon Platinum. It suits Giratina very well, and Giratina as a Pokemon looks pretty sweet. You find yourself wandering all over the place, not knowing where you will end up next. That's te fun part about mysteries. Was it confusing? Yeah, obviously it was pretty confusing, on my first try at least. I got the hang of it on my second play through. Wonder how hard it was for GameFreak to make this area, because this place was intense, with all of those law defying moments. Hopefully this can make a return in the remakes for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

Years
The Distortion World was so aggravating for me! lol I tried so hard to figure out the puzzle. I had to have my friend help me though...So aggravating...

Back