• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ack! I've Been Poisoned! - Toxicroak EX 41/106 FlashFire

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Not the kind of Pokémon I'd expect to be an EX for this set, but I'll still take it. The artwork is ok, I like the poison streams running outside of the artwork box. Besides that, it's just an average EX card that shows the Pokémon performing an attack with colors splattered everywhere.

The Triple Poison attack seems really useful, especially when paired with Smash Uppercut. That's up to 140+ damage per turn, which would 1HKO a lot of stronger cards. Overall I like it. 8/10 would collect

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I have a love hate thing goin' on with the FA version. I wound up pulling three of them over about 15 packs or so. Still no half art. XD

I think it's not that bad. I have a fun deck with Crobat, Muk and Toxicroak EX. No way I'd use it for actual competitive stuff when there's a lot more better choices.

It's a neat lookin' card, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I find it interesting that people's first reaction is to throw toxicroak with other pokemon that cause poison like crobat. Sure i get it, that means virbank works with more of your pokemon. But why not team it up with something that can attack stuff that are immune to status effects. Mewtwo is an obvious partner, but when would you ever want to use Toxicroak over Mewtwo.

Though an interesting idea i just had would be to use a combination of Toxicroak, Togekiss, Reshiram, and Dragalge. Since Toxicroak causes 50 damage with poison per turn, after its your turn again, your opponent took 100 damage from poison. Then you switch into Togekiss and attack with return for 30 damage and draw up to 6 cards, and then 50 damage between turns hits for 180 total. It also protects Toxicroak from the damage the next active pokemon is going to do, as well as prevent any item effects on any of your pokemon. Reshi is for the firetype damage, and dragalge to prevent retreating.

Anyway, overall i find toxicroak a really lack luster pokemon. I like the artwork, and its one of my favorite pokemon. But its attacks are just rather weak for being an Ex. If triple poison was 1 energy or its 2nd attack was also just 2 energy that would be a different story.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Is it just me or does the red sack beneath his head seem...smaller/different than other pictures?

Back