• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Chrome for me. After trying IE, Firefox and Chrome I've found that Chrome is by far the fastest and smoothest to run.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I use chrome. I was a loyal Safari user for years until they updated its interface, and now it's just simply confusing. It was easy to get familiar with Chrome. However, on my phone, I still use Safari.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I use Firefox as a browser for the past few years, but I also keep the default Internet Explorer as a back-up for certain websites.

I tried using Chrome before, but it wasn't for me because it keeps breaking whenever the internet connection gets unstable.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Chrome without a doubt. Using it right now and whenever I have the ability to I use it, even on mobile. Firefox is incredibly laggy, at least for me—Chrome is clean and smooth and has the nicest interface in my opinion. x'; I've been using it since about 2011 I think.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    People who use Google Chrome probably run around irl handing out pieces of paper containing their passwords and pin numbers.

I use Firefox. It has always worked out for me, is a lot easier to use and set up and all in all pretty good in performance.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I've always used and loved Chrome!

But I have a gripe with it...

cwkhkrZ.png

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I always use Firefox since Chrome is slow on my PC for some reason.
    I also like the add-ons and stuff that are in it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I use Chrome and have done for ages. It's super reliable, has lots of useful features and has never really failed me in the past so I see no reason to change!

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I currently use Firefox.

However, I will use Pale Moon eventually.

I have used it, and for the people who wish for a low memory usage in a browser, that's the one to use. It also looks like, and feels like the older Firefox, but it has its own thing to it. Finally, it doesn't sell everything you do or open 5 separate processes that do God knows what in the background.

The only reason I haven't switched is because I have way too much invested in Firefox. I could probably just copy the profile, but I won't take chances yet.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I use Safari, mostly because that's what I have always had and used ^-^. I like it, I think it does everything I need to. People always recommend me Chrome but it always feels slower than Safari.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    On my new Asus Laptop I got for Last Christmas I use Google Chrome and I really like it.

Years
  • ^ oh, the paranoia

I use Google Chrome, and have done so for the past five years. I definitely love Google's ability to be able to sync bookmarks, history and passwords across all my devices, and it's very convenient for every time I set up a new device.

P.S. you don't have to send your data to Google at all. There are ways to disable those options. Besides, how is Google collecting data any different than your ISP collecting data?

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • ^ oh, the paranoia

I use Google Chrome, and have done so for the past five years. I definitely love Google's ability to be able to sync bookmarks, history and passwords across all my devices, and it's very convenient for every time I set up a new device.

P.S. you don't have to send your data to Google at all. There are ways to disable those options. Besides, how is Google collecting data any different than your ISP collecting data?
    The ISP is really an unavoidable evil, but besides that, then, and this is belief, are bound by certain agreements to protect privacy.

Regardless, the less of my data that I don't want published is out there, the better. TBH, we don't know what Chrome does, because part of its proprietary.

There is a reason why TOR ships with Firefox, which most computer enthusiasts use Firefox. Its free, and my data wont be sold. Even if Firefox goes in a bad direction, there are projects like Palemoon that guarantee privacy.

One more thing. ISP logging can be stopped with a VPN network. Google chrome can't. Dfor all we know, it takes snapshots of what your doing every so often, just like Windows 10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back